Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, November 11, 2018, 2:28pm
Bignots guiseley thumping Cambridge 4-1 not a bad performance if it stays like this .. Chorleys kit is nice btw

Finished 4/3 guiseley wouldn’t mind these round 2
Posted by: GrimRob, November 11, 2018, 5:21pm; Reply: 1
Guiseley at home would be the dream draw: winnable and a bit of a grudge match because of the Bignot connection
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, November 11, 2018, 5:36pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from GrimRob
Guiseley at home would be the dream draw: winnable and a bit of a grudge match because of the Bignot connection

Totally agree and then perhaps some of this football fortune fenty talks about 💰💰🤣
Posted by: chaos33, November 11, 2018, 5:52pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from GrimRob

I'm not sure if 'the dream draw' is something of an overstatement.
Posted by: GrimRob, November 11, 2018, 6:27pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from chaos33

I'm not sure if 'the dream draw' is something of an overstatement.

Maybe but it ticks a few boxes

Winnable ✓
Human interest ✓
Possible TV game ✓
Something to get the fans excited about ✓
Passage to Round 3 ✓
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 11, 2018, 6:30pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from GrimRob

Winnable ✓
Human interest ✓
Possible TV game ✓
Passage to Round 3/potential humiliating exit

Don't count our chickens
Posted by: Abdul19, November 11, 2018, 6:54pm; Reply: 6
The last time we played Guiseley at BP is the most frustrating game I can remember.
Posted by: Poojah, November 11, 2018, 7:02pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Abdul19
The last time we played Guiseley at BP is the most frustrating game I can remember.

I remember that one. Early Jan I think, they scored with their one and only shot from about 35 yards in the first half then tried every trick in the book to kill the game.

Podge scored late on to draw the game I seem to recall but it was, as you suggest, incredibly frustrating.

Despite coming up against it so often, we never got the hang of games like that in the Conference.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, November 11, 2018, 7:09pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Abdul19

Wasn’t that the game where Hurst coined the term “spoilt” on RH?
Posted by: promotion plaice, November 11, 2018, 7:20pm; Reply: 9

I personally find this "fruit loop" tag given to him a bit unfair......passion would be where I would put it.....and who knows where it would have taken us.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, November 11, 2018, 7:25pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from promotion plaice

I personally find this "fruit loop" tag given to him a bit unfair......passion would be where I would put it.....and who knows where it would have taken us.

Back to the National League........ I’m amazed you can confuse utter bull sh1t with passion.

He just cane out with cliche after cliche in an attempt to be the manager he wanted us to believe he was.
Posted by: LH, November 11, 2018, 7:45pm; Reply: 11
Blame John Fenty for the fruitloop tag. That’s what he described him as in the Fenty Tapes.
Posted by: Abdul19, November 11, 2018, 7:57pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Back to the National League........ I’m amazed you can confuse utter bull sh1t with passion.

He just cane out with cliche after cliche in an attempt to be the manager he wanted us to believe he was.

Not even the biggest cliché of them all, the taking the players down the docks so they'd see how lucky they are or something, saved him from the boot!
Posted by: Les Brechin, November 11, 2018, 9:09pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from GrimRob

Winnable ✓
Human interest ✓
Possible TV game ✓
Passage to Round 3 ✓

I doubt Guiseley at home would be a televised game. Guiseley away could be though.
Posted by: GrimRob, November 11, 2018, 11:01pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I'm amazed people attach so much weight to what managers say in press conferences. It's what they say to the players that matters by far the most, mainly behind closed doors.
Posted by: GrimRob, November 11, 2018, 11:02pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Les Brechin

I doubt Guiseley at home would be a televised game. Guiseley away could be though.

Depends on the other fixtures. Don't forget the BBC show 9 games "live", it's very likely it would at least make that?
Print page generated: May 3, 2024, 10:18pm