Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: The Grim Reaper, November 9, 2018, 5:49pm
https://youtu.be/Ozx5aB6Wf-Y
Posted by: Mallyner, November 9, 2018, 8:42pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from The Grim Reaper

Thank you very much.  :)

I was there that momentous night and afterwards I.walked back to Clee with hundreds of Spurs supporters who were gracious in defeat and were saying how immense Rob Jones was for us at centre back.  :)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 9, 2018, 11:07pm; Reply: 2
Only 13 years ago. Sniff.  :o

I remember Jones the Stick being carried off shoulder high like a conquering Roman hero.
Posted by: LH, November 9, 2018, 11:20pm; Reply: 3
This is my best cup memory. I missed Anfield 01 as I was 11 and in the middle of an enforced Town sabbatical as my dad copulated off and wasn’t old enough to go on my own. I can remember nearly everything about the day for the Spurs match. I had double maths in the morning and having got my GCSE a year early spent most of Y11 maths talking about footy and drawing pics of Town goals of that (fairly good) season. Having just finished the picture of Michael Reddy’s goal after running from his own half from the previous weekend I proceeded to give the class Spurs fan a bit of stick saying we’d either get hammered or beat them 1-0.

Got home from school, went to the match and the rest is history. In the pitch invasion I dropped a tinny I’d managed to smuggle into the ground and my mate nicked it and had it as he walked back to his dads car on QMA. Started the next day with double maths...

Not really relevant this though as it was a League Cup tie and we’ve been excrement in the FA Cup for most of my Town supporting life.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 9, 2018, 11:32pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from LH
This is my best cup memory. I missed Anfield 01 as I was 11 and in the middle of an enforced Town sabbatical as my dad copulated off and wasn’t old enough to go on my own. I can remember nearly everything about the day for the Spurs match. I had double maths in the morning and having got my GCSE a year early spent most of Y11 maths talking about footy and drawing pics of Town goals of that (fairly good) season. Having just finished the picture of Michael Reddy’s goal after running from his own half from the previous weekend I proceeded to give the class Spurs fan a bit of stick saying we’d either get hammered or beat them 1-0.

Got home from school, went to the match and the rest is history. In the pitch invasion I dropped a tinny I’d managed to smuggle into the ground and my mate nicked it and had it as he walked back to his dads car on QMA. Started the next day with double maths...

Not really relevant this though as it was a League Cup tie and we’ve been excrement in the FA Cup for most of my Town supporting life.

That's the beauty of a memorable game LH. Helps you remember loads of associated things from that time. Not that you'll have as much trouble remembering stuff as us older ones do.  ;)
Posted by: Marinerz93, November 10, 2018, 11:17pm; Reply: 5
I was North of Baghdad the night we beat them and several days leading up the game, I had this really annoying cockney chomper blathering on about how the mighty Spurs were going to smash little ol Grimsby, the look on his face the next day was priceless and when ever he spoke to me, I would shoehorn in that we'd beaten them, are we going to tea he would say, I would yes, I hope they have fish, Grimsby is a fishing Town and we beat you 1-0 the other night.  ;D
Print page generated: May 4, 2024, 3:01am