Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: GrimRob, November 5, 2018, 5:43am
Please enter your nomination for last week (within the world of football)....
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, November 5, 2018, 10:10am; Reply: 1
James McClean
Posted by: LH, November 5, 2018, 10:17am; Reply: 2
People who abuse/nominate James McClean because he won’t wear a poppy - despite the poppy symbolising remembrance for thousands who died in conflicts so that he has the right to choose whether he wears one or not.
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 5, 2018, 10:34am; Reply: 3
Me
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, November 5, 2018, 1:16pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from LH
People who abuse/nominate James McClean because he won’t wear a poppy - despite the poppy symbolising remembrance for thousands who died in conflicts so that he has the right to choose whether he wears one or not.

Who mentioned Poppys?
Posted by: Civvy at last, November 5, 2018, 1:37pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from grimsby pete
Me

Hey Pete,

one of the finest ever masterstrokes pulled on this forum.

You get red crosses and it means people don't agree you're a twit.  

But

If they do agree, you get loads of the green ticks you get a higher green tick count.  

Superb effort mate.

PS your tick count is well good  ;)
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 5, 2018, 1:40pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Civvy at last

Hey Pete,

one of the finest ever masterstrokes pulled on this forum.

You get red crosses and it means people don't agree you're a twit.  

But

If they do agree, you get loads of the green ticks you get a higher green tick count.  

Superb effort mate.

PS your tick count is well good  ;)

You gone and foiled my cunning plan you sodomist. ;)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 5, 2018, 1:42pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie

Who mentioned Poppys?

Poppy's what?
Posted by: LH, November 5, 2018, 5:36pm; Reply: 8

Who mentioned Poppys?

You didn’t need to. I could have told you he’d have at least one nomination this week three months ago.
Posted by: Civvy at last, November 5, 2018, 5:50pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from LH

You didn’t need to. I could have told you he’d have at least one nomination this week three months ago.

I have no problem with people not wearing one.  Indeed it justified my wages for 23 years.
But I do with him.  

I suggest you do some research on his views and comments then see if you feel the same.

Mind you, as a failed crab, I shouldn’t be too surprised at your ignorance. Any further posts on this though should be non footy.
I don’t want to hijack the thread.
Posted by: Stadium, November 5, 2018, 6:27pm; Reply: 10

Who mentioned Poppys?

So in what context is Mr McClean nominated?
Posted by: mariner91, November 5, 2018, 6:34pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Civvy at last

I have no problem with people not wearing one.  Indeed it justified my wages for 23 years.
But I do with him.  

I suggest you do some research on his views and comments then see if you feel the same.

Mind you, as a failed crab, I shouldn’t be too surprised at your ignorance. Any further posts on this though should be non footy.
I don’t want to hijack the thread.

In 2015, he said: “People say I am being disrespectful but don’t ask why I choose not to wear it.

“If the poppy was simply about World War One and Two victims alone, I’d wear it without a problem.

“I would wear it every day of the year if that was the thing but it doesn’t. It stands for all the conflicts that Britain has been involved in.

"Because of the history where I come from in Derry, I cannot wear something that represents that.”

Seems pretty reasonable to me given he's from an area that was badly affected by Bloody Sunday but then I'm not an overly-nationalist poppy fascist.
Posted by: Grantley, November 5, 2018, 6:46pm; Reply: 12
Poppy police.
Posted by: LH, November 5, 2018, 7:37pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from mariner91

In 2015, he said: “People say I am being disrespectful but don’t ask why I choose not to wear it.

“If the poppy was simply about World War One and Two victims alone, I’d wear it without a problem.

“I would wear it every day of the year if that was the thing but it doesn’t. It stands for all the conflicts that Britain has been involved in.

"Because of the history where I come from in Derry, I cannot wear something that represents that.”

Seems pretty reasonable to me given he's from an area that was badly affected by Bloody Sunday but then I'm not an overly-nationalist poppy fascist.

All I’m seeing with those quotes is that a man is free to make a choice whether he wears the emblem of a charity if he likes and not face abuse for making that choice. The poppy is clearly going to be very political in NI and various other paces around the world. I wonder if Nemanja Matic is going to get the same level of abuse as McClean for the same thing? Or is it different if you have a British passport?

Would love to know how I’m a ‘failed’ crab by the way.
Posted by: Ipswin, November 5, 2018, 7:46pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from mariner91

Perhaps he should intercourse off back to Londonderry and continue to play his football there for Trojans

Posted by: Civvy at last, November 5, 2018, 7:55pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from LH

All I’m seeing with those quotes is that a man is free to make a choice whether he wears the emblem of a charity if he likes and not face abuse for making that choice. The poppy is clearly going to be very political in NI and various other paces around the world. I wonder if Nemanja Matic is going to get the same level of abuse as McClean for the same thing? Or is it different if you have a British passport?

Would love to know how I’m a ‘failed’ crab by the way.

’Well try seeing some of his other comments. Including a quote from Bobby Sands.  How long did you last by the way?

And if Matic doesn’t get any abuse (and I hope he doesn’t) it should prove that McLean is getting boo’d for being a tw@t, as opposed for not wearing a poppy.
Posted by: Grantley, November 5, 2018, 8:02pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Ipswin

Perhaps he should intercourse off back to Londonderry and continue to play his football there for Trojans

Why?
Posted by: RoboCod, November 5, 2018, 8:16pm; Reply: 17
Great to see the TOTW award back to its fun-filled, non-contentious ways(balloon)
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 10:40am