Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: sisapon, November 4, 2018, 5:08pm
paul hurst anyone.
Posted by: promotion plaice, November 4, 2018, 5:15pm; Reply: 1

I agree....nowadays he is a football manager   :)

Seriously though Hurst wouldn't come back here even if he got offered the job......he likes a competitive budget to play with.
Posted by: fleabag1970, November 4, 2018, 5:16pm; Reply: 2
No. We already have a manager . MJ needs 2seasons to get the balance right .
Posted by: Tommy, November 4, 2018, 5:17pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from promotion plaice

I agree....nowadays he is a football manager   :)

Seriously though Hurst wouldn't come back here even if he got offered the job......he likes a competitive budget to play with.

Think it would divide the fans as well, a la when Slade came back.

On top of that, Hurst would absolutely not be the man to get us creating chances and being more creative in the final third, as is our weakness.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, November 4, 2018, 6:14pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from fleabag1970
No. We already have a manager . MJ needs 2seasons to get the balance right .

He might need it but he won't get it unless we can start scoring goals.
Posted by: GrimRob, November 4, 2018, 6:22pm; Reply: 5
Much as I'd love it he's a) too divisive, b) wouldn't come, c) we don't have a vacancy!
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, November 4, 2018, 6:41pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from sisapon
paul hurst anyone.

Crazy. We need goals not a percentage manager. Check out Shrewsbury’s scoring record last season and Ipswich’s this season.

Posted by: sisapon, November 4, 2018, 7:06pm; Reply: 7
2nd season in the vanarama then .
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 4, 2018, 7:22pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from sisapon
2nd season in the vanarama then .

2nd?! Where were you between 2010 and 2015?
Posted by: HertsGTFC, November 4, 2018, 7:56pm; Reply: 9
FFS...... I know what’s oming next Bogle’s coming back on loan from Jan.

Considering the fact that wr’re in danger of dropping back into the abyss this is a really pointless post.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, November 4, 2018, 8:40pm; Reply: 10
If we sacked MJ we wouldn't have a prayer of getting anybody of the calibre of Paul Hurst.
Posted by: sisapon, November 4, 2018, 8:52pm; Reply: 11
if you read the post which bit dont you understand.answer mj 2nd season.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 4, 2018, 9:26pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from sisapon
if you read the post which bit dont you understand.answer mj 2nd season.

The next season we spend in the conference will be our seventh.
Posted by: fleabag1970, November 5, 2018, 7:54am; Reply: 13
No complaining on a forum or a phone call into a radio station has ever changed anything ....... just get behind the manager and the Team and when it CLICKS  you can feel immensely proud that you helped it happen
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 5, 2018, 9:56pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from fleabag1970
No complaining on a forum or a phone call into a radio station has ever changed anything ....... just get behind the manager and the Team and when it CLICKS  you can feel immensely proud that you helped it happen

Maybe so (and I don’t disagree with getting behind your team during the game) but what’s a message board or phone in for? Should we just all say how wonderful everything is?
Posted by: fleabag1970, November 6, 2018, 7:29am; Reply: 15
Not at all . Say what you want its a free speech country just don't expect your opinion to mean a thing ... slagging individuals off and the Manager on a forom can have such a negative impact  though . I never thought it would untill I heard it from the horses mouth .
Posted by: fishboyUTM, November 6, 2018, 7:59am; Reply: 16
I'm sure Paul would be delighted to work under John Fenty again. He loved the broken promises last time, the pathetic cost cutting and the failure to put an infrastructure in place to move the club into the twentieth century, never mind the twenty first. He loved it that much, he moved to a smaller club to be rid of him.
Posted by: Civvy at last, November 6, 2018, 8:00am; Reply: 17
Quoted from fleabag1970
Not at all . Say what you want its a free speech country just don't expect your opinion to mean a thing ... slagging individuals off and the Manager on a forom can have such a negative impact  though . I never thought it would untill I heard it from the horses mouth .

I'm guessing you have spoken to either a player or a manager judging by your comment.

If that's the case then maybe they are in the wrong job I'm afraid.

When you have a job in the public eye you have to accept that these are the people that will judge you.  I dare say a lot of the criticism may not be fully justified. But being a footballer includes needing a mental toughness as well as the ability to play football. Of course I realise that booing players off the pitch etc will never improve their game, but that is different to giving them a hard time on a forum.  If you know you don't deserve the criticism and you know you have put 100% in, then the comments by strangers on a forum shouldn't really get to you.  If, however, they are pointing out something you don't really like admitting, but is really the truth, then it may upset you somewhat.   The other solution of course is to stay away from those forums if you or the team is not performing particularly well.

Posted by: fleabag1970, November 6, 2018, 8:11am; Reply: 18
You could be right .... you might be wrong though ... it's just your opinion .
Posted by: diehardmariner, November 6, 2018, 9:46am; Reply: 19
I'm presuming this thread will still be relevant in a few games time when we've chalked up a few more points and Jolley, once again in full blown saviour mode, is set to be poached from his six-month rolling contract for a pittance?
Posted by: GrimRob, November 6, 2018, 10:01am; Reply: 20
I'm sure the managers and players pay far more attention to someone screaming abuse at them from the stands than a reasoned post on a forum.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, November 6, 2018, 10:05am; Reply: 21
Quoted from fleabag1970

You can’t have it both ways  ....... ‘don’t expect your opinion to mean a thing’ and ‘slagging off .... can have such a negative impact’ are mutually exclusive. Either notice is taken or it isn’t.

If criticism really has that much effect on their performance they are in the wrong job.
Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 11:49pm