Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, November 3, 2018, 6:40pm
It doesn't take the brains of Stephen Hawkins to see where our problems lie...we simply have no attack...no chance of taking a team apart and scoring 3 or 4 goals...
Only so many times can I listen to the same excuse week in week out, the "we need to be more ruthless in front of goal and take our chances"...
I'm afraid what we need is a front line who can actually hit the back of the onion bag consistently....and I hate to say this, a manager who can set a team up to attack ..
I believe we have the personnel but at the moment not the correct game plan...
I for 1 am starting to get very worried that the games we win are more from luck than anything else and what we saw today is more like what we can expect on a regular basis ...
Got to keep the faith but the man setting the team up needs to start changing his approach and change it quickly to my mind
Posted by: moosey_club, November 3, 2018, 7:27pm; Reply: 1
https://uk.video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=yfp-t-s-m&p=MITCHELL+AND+WEBB+ITS+NOT+ROCKET+SCIENCE#id=2&vid=ecdfb71064cabe3012628b2972fab8d1&action=click

:)
Posted by: chaos33, November 3, 2018, 8:07pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
It doesn't take the brains of Stephen Hawkins to see where our problems lie...we simply have no attack...no chance of taking a team apart and scoring 3 or 4 goals...
Only so many times can I listen to the same excuse week in week out, the "we need to be more ruthless in front of goal and take our chances"...
I'm afraid what we need is a front line who coan actually hit the back of the onion bag consistently....and I hate to say this, a manager who can set a team up to attack ..
I believe we have the personnel but at the moment not the correct game plan...
I for 1 am starting to get very worried that the games we win are more from luck than anything else and what we saw today is more like what we can expect on a regular basis ...
Got to keep the faith but the man setting the team up needs to start changing his approach and change it quickly to my mind

Y'see, I don't believe we do have the personnel, and I don't believe our budget gives us a chance to acquire them. We've got two or three good players and a bunch of very average ones, most of whom are evidently below the average for the league. Said it at the start of the season, have been repeating it regularly and obvious again today. Too many players who have shown their relative calibre play week after week and nobody is learning the lessons. I repeat a sentiment that caused pants wetting a week ago - take a look at the November fixtures and try to find where we will acquire a handful of points, if any.

This punchless squad is relegation battle fodder - sadly the predictable norm since we crawled back into the league.
Sick of it.
Posted by: Grantley, November 3, 2018, 8:59pm; Reply: 3
Who’s Stephen Hawkins?
Posted by: Croxton, November 3, 2018, 8:59pm; Reply: 4
Fortunately, I am on bonfire duty on Tuesday evening so I'm hunting down an extra long HDMI cable so I can do the IFollow thing on the TV. For me, that is rocket science.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, November 3, 2018, 9:09pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Grantley
Who’s Stephen Hawkins?

Are you serious??...the greatest mind of the 20th century, that's who
Posted by: GYinScuntland, November 3, 2018, 9:13pm; Reply: 6

flipping brilliant.
Posted by: Croxton, November 3, 2018, 9:41pm; Reply: 7
At last, something to relieve the angst. Pedants, nothing to see here.
Posted by: Abdul19, November 3, 2018, 10:00pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Grantley
Who’s Stephen Hawkins?

An Australian Olympic gold medal winning rower, according to my sources

Wiki
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 3, 2018, 11:24pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Croxton
Fortunately, I am on bonfire duty on Tuesday evening so I'm hunting down an extra long HDMI cable so I can do the IFollow thing on the TV. For me, that is rocket science.

Why are you having the bonfire on 6th November?
Posted by: Gaffer58, November 4, 2018, 2:48pm; Reply: 10

Who's Stephen Hawkins

But would he have been any good at getting a Grimsby Town attack scoring goals?
Posted by: RonMariner, November 4, 2018, 3:29pm; Reply: 11
Was totally depressed by the game yesterday, but this thread has put a smile on my face! Classic.

Do you think this Hawkins bloke was at Cambridge like Stephen Hawking? Not yesterday you understand.........
Posted by: Croxton, November 4, 2018, 8:58pm; Reply: 12
1, Sat. Cambridge
2. Sun. Major family event in Binbrook
3. Mon. Guides night in Fulwood, Sheffield
4. Tues. Fallen branches and old garden seat to burn. Minimal fireworks though due to age of grandkids.
5. Large garden allows little disturbance to neighbours.

Nah. not convinced , Wish I'd never agreed to it!
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 4, 2018, 9:41pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Croxton
1, Sat. Cambridge
2. Sun. Major family event in Binbrook
3. Mon. Guides night in Fulwood, Sheffield
4. Tues. Fallen branches and old garden seat to burn. Minimal fireworks though due to age of grandkids.
5. Large garden allows little disturbance to neighbours.

Nah. not convinced , Wish I'd never agreed to it!

You’re excused the performance of traditional bonfire rituals on the correct night. Just curious/nosey. :-)
Posted by: Biccys, November 5, 2018, 9:48am; Reply: 14
Quoted from Grantley
Who’s Stephen Hawkins?

Isn't he the guitarist in The Darkness?
Posted by: Civvy at last, November 5, 2018, 9:50am; Reply: 15
Quoted from Biccys

Isn't he the guitarist in The Darkness?

Nah, I'm pretty sure he wasn't blind !!
Print page generated: March 28, 2024, 8:23pm