Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 29, 2018, 10:08pm
Of all the sad illegitimates on here who delight on giving me a minus on all my posts I will stop posting you sick  gits.
Posted by: ska face, October 29, 2018, 10:12pm; Reply: 1
Just turn them off then.
Posted by: gobby, October 29, 2018, 10:14pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from grimsby pete
Of all the sad illegitimates on here who delight on giving me a minus on all my posts I will stop posting you sick  gits.

Pete, as everyone else is going to say, just ignore them fella, don’t stop posting your thoughts as it adds to some good conversations. 😎
UTMM
Posted by: Grim74, October 29, 2018, 10:16pm; Reply: 3
Bollox to them Pete, don’t let a few red crosses get you down some of them on here only want opinions they agree with bunch of fascists!  
check out my aproval rating if your still feeling hard done by 😂
Posted by: MuddyWaters, October 29, 2018, 10:17pm; Reply: 4
Just turn the ticks and crosses off Pete. Better still Rob, turn them off for everyone....please!
Posted by: chaos33, October 29, 2018, 10:23pm; Reply: 5
What's happened now? Have I missed something?

Pete, I posted that I didn't think we'd win many points in November and about 12 people wet their pants and red crossed me, but I've decided to soldier on for the sake of my kids and that.

And yeah, check out my approval rating. I've got +9000 just like you, so we must be right all the time and they're wrong.

;-)
Posted by: GrimRob, October 29, 2018, 10:34pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from grimsby pete

Pete your approval rating is nearly 10,000 which means you have nearly 10,000 more green ticks than red crosses. Please try and get some perspective!

I know criticism can be painful but we dish it out in spades on here, we have to be able to take it on the chin as well sometimes.

GIve it a rest for a couple of days and come back recharged  :)
Posted by: Grantley, October 29, 2018, 10:34pm; Reply: 7
Quote from chrissy from a few weeks ago:

“I had a word with Pete about all the red X's and he told me he was not aware as he does not see them.
He thinks some people just red X him whatever he says because of his views on Fenty”

What’s changed?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 29, 2018, 10:50pm; Reply: 8
Hey Pete, it happens a lot. I get them even on non-controversial posts so there's clearly a few muppets and a few fat-fingered buggers who mean to tick the tick.
Posted by: promotion plaice, October 29, 2018, 10:55pm; Reply: 9

I can honestly say as far as I can remember I have never red crossed you pete....keep posting and don't let the b@stards grind you down mate   :)
Posted by: GYinScuntland, October 29, 2018, 10:59pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Hey Pete, it happens a lot. I get them even on non-controversial posts so there's clearly a few muppets and a few fat-fingered buggers who mean to tick the tick.

I've done it myself, red crossed instead of ticked with my big fat fingers.
Felt guilty, then thought fcuk em, they're probably cnuts anyway. 😁
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 29, 2018, 11:02pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from GYinScuntland

I've done it myself, red crossed instead of ticked with my big fat fingers.
Felt guilty, then thought fcuk em, they're probably cnuts anyway. 😁

Is this the sort of girl private you mean GYiS? (dwarf)
Posted by: moosey_club, October 29, 2018, 11:18pm; Reply: 12
look at it from another perspective...even red crosses could help you get post of the week...post something really contentious and watch the red crosses take you to glory...turning a negative to a positive
Posted by: lukeo, October 30, 2018, 6:12am; Reply: 13
What did I miss!!??
Posted by: Townee82, October 30, 2018, 6:39am; Reply: 14
Who cares about red ticks have i got the wrong idea i thought it was all about opinions , discussions  , and news didn't realise some thought it was a popularity contest .
Posted by: Hagrid, October 30, 2018, 6:55am; Reply: 15
Bit OTT pete. Just ignore it. Its really not worth getting worked up about.
Posted by: Cloudy, October 30, 2018, 6:55am; Reply: 16
Just because someone agrees or disagrees with your posts isn’t harmful imo. It’s a message board for views and opinions ffs

If anyone doesn’t want to post anymore then fine, not a problem, the board moves on

UTM
Posted by: Cloudy, October 30, 2018, 7:10am; Reply: 17
Quoted from Grantley

“I had a word with Pete about all the red X's and he told me he was not aware as he does not see them.
He thinks some people just red X him whatever he says because of his views on Fenty”

What’s changed?

What are you suggesting?
Posted by: denni266, October 30, 2018, 7:16am; Reply: 18
Dont let it worry you pete,, you are as entitled to your own views as the next man.  Imo they should be taken off the site all together ,
Posted by: pizzzza, October 30, 2018, 7:18am; Reply: 19
Water off a duck's back to me. I understand that my views are controversial and will most likely polarise, they will attract high numbers in terms of both ticks and crosses. All part of the game.
Posted by: Tommy, October 30, 2018, 7:28am; Reply: 20
Non-football?
Posted by: Maringer, October 30, 2018, 8:56am; Reply: 21
Pete, just take the view that if people marking a post down can't be bothered to actually reply to disagree, then their opinion isn't worth noting.

You've got a high approval rating so you obviously don't talk shite all the time.  :P
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, October 30, 2018, 9:21am; Reply: 22
Thoughts and prayers with Pete at this difficult time
Posted by: crusty ole pie, October 30, 2018, 9:29am; Reply: 23
Very rarely Red Cross unless I find the post offensive but quite often Green  Cross don’t let it get you down
Posted by: friskneymariner, October 30, 2018, 9:54am; Reply: 24
The Fenty brigade red cross me on every comment no matter how factuall = result I have rattled them.
Posted by: GrimRob, October 30, 2018, 9:56am; Reply: 25
All the red button means is "disagree with this post". It doesn't mean I put a curse on the poster for life. Not everyone might realise that because not all devices show tooltips so here's a screenshot

[img]https://image.ibb.co/gXjfQ0/Untitled.jpg[/img]
Posted by: supertown, October 30, 2018, 10:02am; Reply: 26
Some touchy souls on here , grow some
Posted by: Mallyner, October 30, 2018, 10:10am; Reply: 27
Quoted from grimsby pete

I have never red crossed any of your posts Pete, in fact I've never even noticed a post from you.

Only joking. :)

At least you know you are loved mate, nobody tried to talk 80s Glory out of it, when he said he was leaving.

Posted by: Dan, October 30, 2018, 10:14am; Reply: 28
Talk about red cross, get red cross. So it ever was, so it ever will be.
Posted by: psgmariner, October 30, 2018, 10:18am; Reply: 29
Quoted from MeanwoodMariner
Thoughts and prayers with Pete at this difficult time

x

Posted by: grimsby pete, October 30, 2018, 10:31am; Reply: 30
I was really down last after hearing some very sad family news,

Thanks for all the support I will just take a break,

AND

Switch the bloody thing off again.
Posted by: AndyDarloFC, October 30, 2018, 10:39am; Reply: 31
It's an online football forum Pete, you're a grown man and you're getting upset over a few red crosses from people you don't know.

Haway man, you're better than that.
Posted by: Brazilnut, October 30, 2018, 10:54am; Reply: 32
See you about again soon with you wonderful insight
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, October 30, 2018, 11:11am; Reply: 33
Quoted from GrimRob
All the red button means is "disagree with this post". It doesn't mean I put a curse on the poster for life. Not everyone might realise that because not all devices show tooltips so here's a screenshot

[img]https://image.ibb.co/gXjfQ0/Untitled.jpg[/img]

Perhaps it should say "Don't shoot the messenger" ;)

I think this is what Pete means. Like the rest of us, Pete doesn't mind being disagreed with, or if someone puts a counter argument. And we all say things somebody somewhere will disagree with.

But there are undoubtedly trolls on here who will deliberately red cross any post by certain posters they have taken a dislike to, regardless of what that post says ..... even if it was offering them a free season ticket!

Keep posting Pete.

Posted by: chrissy, October 30, 2018, 11:15am; Reply: 34
Quoted from Grantley

What’s changed?

Pete switched them back on again I have told him as he suffers with depression to switch them off and keep them switched off.
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, October 30, 2018, 11:35am; Reply: 35
You need to get over yourself mate . Are x’s and ticks really that important ?
Posted by: promotion plaice, October 30, 2018, 12:45pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from grimsby pete
I was really down last after hearing some very sad family news,

Thanks for all the support I will just take a break,

AND

Switch the bloody thing off again.

At least keep having a go on the prediction thread pete.....you've jumped up the table recently   :)
Posted by: Les Brechin, October 30, 2018, 1:07pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from promotion plaice

At least keep having a go on the prediction thread pete.....you've jumped up the table recently   :)

And the Prediction League that I run too. Down to the last 16 now!!
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, October 30, 2018, 1:19pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from promotion plaice

Now that does deserve a x Pete

I never got anywhere close to the final 16 so demand a steward's inquiry    ;)
Posted by: jock dock tower, October 30, 2018, 1:25pm; Reply: 39
We live in a world where it is so easy to criticise and harm, even without realising what we are doing.

Pete had a much publicised problem on here years ago and the Fishy community reacted absolutely brilliantly. Some times these forums are a person's only link to the outside world - I'm not saying it is in Pete's case - and it becomes an almost surrogate friend to communicate with.

As someone who has periodically suffered with mental health issues I'm glad I'm able to divorce what happens online from reality. Some can't. I think we all ought to be just that little bit more careful when putting a red cross down, or a disparaging remark. Am with others on here though who see the approval ratings as unnecessary. They serve no purpose, but they do have the capacity to hurt. I'd do away with them as well.
Posted by: Hagrid, October 30, 2018, 1:33pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from jock dock tower
We live in a world where it is so easy to criticise and harm, even without realising what we are doing.

Pete had a much publicised problem on here years ago and the Fishy community reacted absolutely brilliantly. Some times these forums are a person's only link to the outside world - I'm not saying it is in Pete's case - and it becomes an almost surrogate friend to communicate with.

As someone who has periodically suffered with mental health issues I'm glad I'm able to divorce what happens online from reality. Some can't. I think we all ought to be just that little bit more careful when putting a red cross down, or a disparaging remark. Am with others on here though who see the approval ratings as unnecessary. They serve no purpose, but they do have the capacity to hurt. I'd do away with them as well.

if someone is that bothered by a red cross i'd tell them to grow up and get a life, people are entitled to an opinion, i have mental health issues, i have depression and anxiety and i take medication for it, but fgs someone disagreeing with you on a post is not a big deal, just bloody turn them off if it offends so much. this is very very over the top
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, October 30, 2018, 1:44pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from Hagrid

if someone is that bothered by a red cross i'd tell them to grow up and get a life, people are entitled to an opinion, i have mental health issues, i have depression and anxiety and i take medication for it, but fgs someone disagreeing with you on a post is not a big deal, just bloody turn them off if it offends so much. this is very very over the top

I agree Hagrid in many ways,  but I'm sure from what you say, you will personally appreciate that one person's minor irritation is another's last straw. Just telling them to 'get a life' or 'get on with it' or 'just ignore it' or words to that effect is not really going to help. As I said earlier on, it isn't the people who disagree with what he writes that cause the reaction Pete has had.
Posted by: Dan, October 30, 2018, 1:44pm; Reply: 42
Yeah, funny how we're always described as generation snowflake...
Posted by: realist, October 30, 2018, 2:17pm; Reply: 43
I get red crosses existing.  Water off a ducks back. Wear your crosses with pride
Posted by: psgmariner, October 30, 2018, 2:19pm; Reply: 44
We all have our red crosses to bear.
Posted by: golfer, October 30, 2018, 4:41pm; Reply: 45
Quoted from Maringer
Pete, just take the view that if people marking a post down can't be bothered to actually reply to disagree, then their opinion isn't worth noting.

You've got a high approval rating so you obviously don't talk shite all the time.  :P

He fking does !
Posted by: Meza, October 30, 2018, 6:54pm; Reply: 46
to be fair I get red crossed, and yes its disheartening in a way, but then I look it at another angle Pete, and take it as constructive criticism after all I do talk sh..  ;D
Posted by: Meza, October 30, 2018, 6:56pm; Reply: 47
Quoted from realist
I get red crosses existing.  Water off a ducks back. Wear your crosses with pride

Holy smokes Realist how low can you go...I say how low can you go ;D
Posted by: Ipswin, October 30, 2018, 8:31pm; Reply: 48
Quoted from grimsby pete

Join the flipping club mate! See you Saturday - save me a seat in the old farts front row as usual

Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, October 30, 2018, 8:40pm; Reply: 49
What's an 'approval rating'?

Don't let the boring illegitimates hound you out Pete, you're a valued member of the board!
Posted by: jonnyboy82, October 30, 2018, 9:16pm; Reply: 50
Green tick me or red cross me i genuinely couldn't give a fvck.
Posted by: Spidey, October 31, 2018, 12:08am; Reply: 51
Don’t wish to offend anyone, but sometimes this forum just seems like a big love-in sometimes. People posting their greviences and problems on here and then a swarm of people jump in giving sympathy and basically behind licking to the poster! I’m sorry, life hasn’t always been great to me, and no doubt to many others but I don’t post about it on here to get sympathy that I know is forthcoming, Again, don’t wish to offend.
Posted by: 137 (Guest), October 31, 2018, 1:32am; Reply: 52
I can see the point in the green crosses - it saves posters from quoting and posting "This" (or similar).

The red crosses strike me as illogical for an open forum - if anyone disagrees with a post you would
want them to post their reasons why (to broaden the discussion), rather than simply registering an
uninformative red cross.

Much more malignant, in my view, is the 'Reputation' rating...where you can give a negative rating to the
person for expressing the views they hold. How the hell can that encourage open discussion?

Oh, and telling someone who suffers from depression to "cheer up", "man up" or "grow a pair" (etc)
shows you don't really understand the condition. If it was that easy they'd have done it already.

Posted by: supertown, October 31, 2018, 7:58am; Reply: 53
Quoted from 137
I can see the point in the green crosses - it saves posters from quoting and posting "This" (or similar).

The red crosses strike me as illogical for an open forum - if anyone disagrees with a post you would
want them to post their reasons why (to broaden the discussion), rather than simply registering an
uninformative red cross.

Much more malignant, in my view, is the 'Reputation' rating...where you can give a negative rating to the
person for expressing the views they hold. How the hell can that encourage open discussion?

Oh, and telling someone who suffers from depression to "cheer up", "man up" or "grow a pair" (etc)
shows you don't really understand the condition. If it was that easy they'd have done it already.

You are being very tunnel visioned. I made my comment ‘in general’ over the red crosses and if you look back there was no mention of any one having an  illness before I made it .
I accept your apology
Posted by: 140067 (Guest), October 31, 2018, 4:24pm; Reply: 54
Oh I thought it was kisses I was getting.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, October 31, 2018, 5:36pm; Reply: 55
In the grand scheme of life a few red x on a poxy forum is no big deal ignore it Pete.
Posted by: Ipswin, October 31, 2018, 7:56pm; Reply: 56
Quoted from Ipswin

Join the flipping club mate! See you Saturday - save me a seat in the old farts front row as usual

I see what you mean Pete. Why the intercourse this post of mine has attracted eight red crosses I don't know! Inbred girl privates

Posted by: chrissy, October 31, 2018, 10:51pm; Reply: 57
Quoted from Ipswin

I see what you mean Pete. Why the intercourse this post of mine has attracted eight red crosses I don't know! Inbred girl privates

Pete is not well Swin so will not be going to Cambridge,He said he is sorry and will see you at Colchester.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 31, 2018, 11:45pm; Reply: 58
Quoted from chrissy

Pete is not well Swin so will not be going to Cambridge,He said he is sorry and will see you at Colchester.

That's a sodomist Chrissy. Wish him speedy recovery.
Posted by: pizzzza, November 1, 2018, 7:38am; Reply: 59
Quoted from 137

uninformative red cross.

This.
Posted by: topuphere666, November 1, 2018, 7:59am; Reply: 60
I’ve red crossed your posts before, purely because I’ve disagreed with something you’ve said not how I perceive you as a person, the same way people have done the same to me.

Do I care? No. It’s a forum. It’s an opinion. It’s what makes this forum what it is - one of the best around. If we all had the same views it’d be an awful place to be.

You’re a grown adult Pete. Don’t get hung up on some red crosses. There’s more serious stuff in life to worry about.
Posted by: Ipswin, November 1, 2018, 12:33pm; Reply: 61
Quoted from chrissy

Thanks Chrissy Desperately sorry to hear that. I know he was looking forward to it, me too, we only see each other twice a year  Please give him my best and I will PM him in a few days
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, November 1, 2018, 2:37pm; Reply: 62
I like this idea better from another forum I use.
[img]https://i.imgur.com/a6q7bg1.jpg[/img]
I would just deactivate it Pete within the Board Settings if it really annoys you.
[img]https://i.imgur.com/GvkkKSs.jpg[/img]
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, November 1, 2018, 8:33pm; Reply: 63
Dummy well and truly spat
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 1, 2018, 8:38pm; Reply: 64

That's a sodomist Chrissy. Wish him speedy recovery.

What stupid fornicators red crossed this? What is wrong with wishing someone a speedy recovery? Whoever it was are the real sick ones.
Posted by: RexFannies, November 1, 2018, 11:50pm; Reply: 65
Whatever you do do not go on Britains got tallent
Posted by: KingstonMariner, November 1, 2018, 11:53pm; Reply: 66

What stupid fornicators red crossed this? What is wrong with wishing someone a speedy recovery? Whoever it was are the real sick ones.

And the cowardly girl privates won't even stick their heads above the parapet, even on an anonymous message board.
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, November 2, 2018, 10:03am; Reply: 67
Turn them off then mate
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, November 2, 2018, 10:22am; Reply: 68

They just prove Pete’s point.

Posted by: grimsby pete, November 2, 2018, 1:16pm; Reply: 69
Quoted from chrissy

Pete is going to Cambridge so I will see you there mate,

The initial cause of my recent bout of depression had nothing to do with anything on here it was the news of a sudden death of a nephew.

I do detest the ticks and crosses on here though I would rather somebody said you are talking rubbish Pete than say nothing but put a cross against the post.

I have switched it off again so that means I can not tick other posts that I think is good.sorry about that.
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 2, 2018, 1:21pm; Reply: 70
I do apologise for the language in my initial post it was uncalled for,

Please feel free to do what ever you want but I would rather you told me what you disagree with,

I would not take offence if you said I was talking balderdash its better than just a cross.
Posted by: Ipswin, November 2, 2018, 2:22pm; Reply: 71

I'm afraid it simply demonstrates what a load of inbred thick morons populate this board

Posted by: LH, November 2, 2018, 2:44pm; Reply: 72
Quoted from Ipswin

I'm afraid it simply demonstrates what a load of inbred thick morons populate this board

At over 3,300 posts would you include yourself in that statement?
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, November 2, 2018, 3:50pm; Reply: 73
Quoted from LH

Being a mod would not exclude anyone either. ;)
Posted by: RoboCod, November 2, 2018, 4:16pm; Reply: 74
Being a Mod with positive reputation exceeding 8,700 pretty much discounts the moron theory I'd say.

A rep of minus 2,000 is just the loud bloke in the pub who everyone rolls their eyes at.
Posted by: grimsby pete, November 2, 2018, 4:20pm; Reply: 75
Quoted from RoboCod
Being a Mod with positive reputation exceeding 8,700 pretty much discounts the moron theory I'd say.

A rep of minus 2,000 is just the loud bloke in the pub who everyone rolls their eyes at.

Yes but Swin is a nice bloke when you get to know him  ;)
Posted by: RoboCod, November 2, 2018, 4:24pm; Reply: 76
Quoted from grimsby pete

Not sure that chance will ever arise but...I'll take your word GYPete ::)
Posted by: GrimRob, November 2, 2018, 4:48pm; Reply: 77
Quoted from RoboCod

But if you take Swin's word for it and everyone else but him is a like-minded moron, then they would not even recognise a genius in their midst. Hence he gets lots of red crosses and everyone else hoovers up green ticks.
Posted by: RoboCod, November 2, 2018, 4:59pm; Reply: 78
Quoted from GrimRob

But if you take Swin's word for it and everyone else but him is a like-minded moron, then they would not even recognise a genius in their midst. Hence he gets lots of red crosses and everyone else hoovers up green ticks.

There's some kind of twisted logic in there Rob...I'll have a read of it again later after a lie-down (wacko)
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, November 2, 2018, 5:36pm; Reply: 79
Quoted from RoboCod

There's some kind of twisted logic in there Rob...I'll have a read of it again later after a lie-down (wacko)

No, it is perfectly straightforward and simple.

Posted by: RoboCod, November 2, 2018, 5:43pm; Reply: 80

No, it is perfectly straightforward and simple.

It's actually nonsense, a no goer as I don't take Swins word on this or anything, ever, so it's null and void.
Posted by: golfer, November 2, 2018, 5:53pm; Reply: 81
Quoted from Nelly GTFC
I like this idea better from another forum I use.
[img]https://i.imgur.com/a6q7bg1.jpg[/img]
I would just deactivate it Pete within the Board Settings if it really annoys you.
[img]https://i.imgur.com/GvkkKSs.jpg[/img]

He told me that he'd already done this a couple of years ago=must be because he nearly lives down Sarth -they are different to us you know
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, November 2, 2018, 6:01pm; Reply: 82
Quoted from grimsby pete

So in fact you’re saying he’s nothing more than a keyboard warrior with small man’s disease?
Posted by: golfer, November 2, 2018, 6:02pm; Reply: 83
Quoted from GrimRob

Interpretation  " A thick person thinks an intelligent person is thick "  
Posted by: Ipswin, November 2, 2018, 6:57pm; Reply: 84
Quoted from LH

If you think so but I wouldn't be red crossing Pete or Kingston's postings that's for sure

Posted by: friskneymariner, November 2, 2018, 6:58pm; Reply: 85
A prophet is never welcome in his own Town.
Posted by: RoboCod, November 2, 2018, 7:06pm; Reply: 86
Quoted from friskneymariner
A prophet is never welcome in his own Town.

A profit would be very welcome though(icon_lol)
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 9:14am