Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: rancido, October 25, 2018, 3:51pm
I noticed an advert, in a national newspaper on Saturday, for football club jigsaw puzzles. There are 120 clubs in the range , including Grimsby Town, and they are on offer at the moment if you quote the code DM245A. The company is The Happy Puzzle Company and their web site is http://www.happypuzzle.co.uk/footy. They come in three sizes 100 , 300 and 1000 pieces. I ordered a 1000 piece one on Sunday and it arrived today. They look quite good , would make a superb Christmas Gift and certainly something nice to keep for years to come.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, October 25, 2018, 3:53pm; Reply: 1
I thought the picture would have been reconstructing a flag. ;)
Posted by: Mallyner, October 25, 2018, 3:54pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from rancido
I noticed an advert, in a national newspaper on Saturday, for football club jigsaw puzzles. There are 120 clubs in the range , including Grimsby Town, and they are on offer at the moment if you quote the code DM245A. The company is The Happy Puzzle Company and their web site is http://www.happypuzzle.co.uk/footy. They come in three sizes 100 , 300 and 1000 pieces. I ordered a 1000 piece one on Sunday and it arrived today. They look quite good , would make a superb Christmas Gift and certainly something nice to keep for years to come.

Sounds great thank you.

I'm pretty good at jigsaw puzzles, the last one I bought said 4-6 years on the box and I did it in 2.  :)

Posted by: moosey_club, October 25, 2018, 4:19pm; Reply: 3
Quite apt if its a picture of Scott Vernon......he tended to go to pieces in the box as well  ...   :B   i'll get me coat
Posted by: mariner chopper, October 25, 2018, 4:46pm; Reply: 4
I got given the 1000 piece as a gift last Christmas - great present! Can definitely recommend for when listening to the commentary/post match fall-out
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 25, 2018, 4:53pm; Reply: 5
No thanks. I'd rather watch a Russell Slade side, followed by a Paul Hurst post match interview.
Posted by: kenlyn, October 25, 2018, 5:59pm; Reply: 6
got this last year and framed it and is now displayed on my wall.
They did an offer if you bought a number of jigsaws you got a discount.
I ended up buying one for each family member who support other teams
and they were amazed at their Xmas present, will be hard to beat this year.
Posted by: GrimRob, October 25, 2018, 6:03pm; Reply: 7
This would make a good present for Russell Slade just make sure a few pieces are missing.
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, October 25, 2018, 7:06pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from GrimRob
This would make a good present for Russell Slade just make sure a few pieces are missing.

Well the jigsaw arrives pretty much complete, you just have to get rid of the best pieces as quickly as possible, whilst irritating your family with a powerpoint presentation on how your new replacement pieces will fit into the holes left behind. Obviously, the replacement pieces never arrive.
Posted by: moosey_club, October 25, 2018, 8:07pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from kenlyn
got this last year and framed it and is now displayed on my wall.
They did an offer if you bought a number of jigsaws you got a discount.
I ended up buying one for each family member who support other teams
and they were amazed at their Xmas present, will be hard to beat this year.

buy them a really sh!t present this year instead..that way they will appreciate last years even more ....my lad still raves on about that Pingu play set i bought him in 1996  :)
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, October 25, 2018, 8:33pm; Reply: 10
Also apt for us as we have sometimes had players in the wrong positions. Can't bang them in though to fit.
Posted by: Civvy at last, October 25, 2018, 8:51pm; Reply: 11
I spent 30 minutes trying to do the jigsaw of the smiley tiger.

Didn’t know where to start. Couldn’t even find the corner pieces.

Mrs Civvy got back from bingo and exclaimed. FFS Civvy, put the Frosties back in the box  😞
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 25, 2018, 9:15pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from KingstonMariner
No thanks. I'd rather watch a Russell Slade side, followed by a Paul Hurst post match interview.

4 red crosses. There’s a lot of jigsaw fans on here. The place is not as rock n roll as I thought.

Anyway, slippers. Tartan or not tartan?
Print page generated: April 30, 2024, 9:28pm