Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: DavidB, October 23, 2018, 11:26pm
By far not the most important issue (compared with the recent spirited team performances and encouraging results), but just wondering why JT hasn't been commentating games for RH recently?

I know there have been management changes at BBC Humberside Sport, but I've not seen any announcements or social media threads about changes in GTFC commentary responsibilities (but apologies if I've missed anything!).

(Not a thread about JT's commentating style, just an enquiry about a long-serving BBC RH commentator and a loyal Town supporter!)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 24, 2018, 12:56am; Reply: 1
DavidB. Hmmm. Interesting user name. Don't work for the BBC in local radio. You know sports, phone ins, that sort of thing  ;)
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, October 24, 2018, 1:05am; Reply: 2
JT is on holiday...
Posted by: DavidB, October 24, 2018, 1:08am; Reply: 3
In the GTFC football season? How could he?:)

OK, fair enough! Thanks for clarifying!
Posted by: DavidB, October 24, 2018, 1:10am; Reply: 4
Quoted from KingstonMariner
DavidB. Hmmm. Interesting user name. Don't work for the BBC in local radio. You know sports, phone ins, that sort of thing  ;)

No - but could put my cv forward (if there was a vacancy for a Town supporting anchor-person to balance the reporting across the 3 local teams!) :)
Posted by: Cloudy, October 24, 2018, 6:52am; Reply: 5
Who was commentating last night on the Town game?
Posted by: mariner83, October 24, 2018, 7:22am; Reply: 6
Quoted from Cloudy
Who was commentating last night on the Town game?

Joseph Townsend (nope, never heard of him) with Gary Croft.
Posted by: golfer, October 24, 2018, 7:59am; Reply: 7
Quoted from DavidB
By far not the most important issue (compared with the recent spirited team performances and encouraging results), but just wondering why JT hasn't been commentating games for RH recently?

I know there have been management changes at BBC Humberside Sport, but I've not seen any announcements or social media threads about changes in GTFC commentary responsibilities (but apologies if I've missed anything!).

(Not a thread about JT's commentating style, just an enquiry about a long-serving BBC RH commentator and a loyal Town supporter!)

People tend to mix jobs nowadays-could he be working at Crofts Estate Agents ?
Posted by: NorthseaMariner, October 24, 2018, 8:07am; Reply: 8
Also noticed the presenter after the match talking to “Crofty”, referring to town as “The Iron”. Useless, bloody useless.
Posted by: Gaffer58, October 24, 2018, 4:44pm; Reply: 9
Out of interest, whilst we've been on the 4 game unbeaten run how many did John Tondeur do commentary on,not trying to insinuate anything of course.
Posted by: GTFCH, October 24, 2018, 8:31pm; Reply: 10
The commentary last night was amateur at best! I appreciate everyone has got to start somewhere but it helps if you can start by getting your facts right.

Always disappointed when I hear JT isn’t commentating.
Posted by: Croxton, October 24, 2018, 8:59pm; Reply: 11
Not the best moment tonight for G Lloyd and crew to be sniffy about MJ's  unrevealing interviews. Their little programme is struggling but it is not Jolley's job to spice it up. He is PC, professional  and cautious for good reason. In this social media world does the 6.00 o'clock programme have a function when there is no game?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 24, 2018, 9:18pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from mariner83

Joseph Townsend (nope, never heard of him) with Gary Croft.

Didn't he invent something in the Agricultural Revolution? The turnip or something?
Posted by: MuddyWaters, October 24, 2018, 9:29pm; Reply: 13
The quality of Humberside Sport has dipped since Matt Dean has been off - don't know when he's back but the new editor (Rob something) isn't as good and although JT is a bit tedious, he's much better than Lloyd or Townsend.
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 12:10am