Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: mariner paul, October 23, 2018, 10:31pm
What was everybody's thought on the Ref tonight I thought he had a shocker gave us nothing all game
Posted by: Hagrid, October 23, 2018, 10:32pm; Reply: 1
Shocking. Some of his decisions were ludicrous. He couldnt keep up with play. The drop ball decision when we had the ball? Couldnt believe what he was doing
Posted by: Spatchcock, October 23, 2018, 10:33pm; Reply: 2
Hope he never sets foot on a football pitch again. Should be stripped of his license after that performance  ??)
Posted by: horsforthmariner, October 23, 2018, 10:33pm; Reply: 3
Thought he was awful. Missed loads of stuff.
Posted by: Maringer, October 23, 2018, 10:34pm; Reply: 4
I thought he did pretty well for the first 30 minutes or so but then got worse and worse as the game continued. Truth be told, I reckon he was just mucking around by the end of the game - he'd given up by that point and was just seeing what random decisions he could get away with.
Posted by: Cloudy, October 23, 2018, 10:35pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Hagrid
Shocking. Some of his decisions were ludicrous. He couldnt keep up with play. The drop ball decision when we had the ball? Couldnt believe what he was doing

He stopped play because their defender was down with a head injury. The only way he can restart is with a bounce up. The laws are the laws although I thought he made some strange decisions too
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, October 23, 2018, 10:36pm; Reply: 6
I don't thinks there are words to describe how crap he was
Posted by: MuddyWaters, October 23, 2018, 10:39pm; Reply: 7
Salisbury doesn't like us, never has.
Posted by: GrimRob, October 23, 2018, 10:40pm; Reply: 8
I don't thinks there are words to describe how crap he was

You should make up a new word then. That's what Shakespeare used to do  :)
Posted by: mariner83, October 23, 2018, 10:40pm; Reply: 9
The on,y positive I can think of - not as bad as the Port Vale ref...
Posted by: heppy88, October 23, 2018, 10:40pm; Reply: 10
He was one of the worst and we’ve seen some dross over the last few years.
Posted by: Maringer, October 23, 2018, 10:40pm; Reply: 11
You couldn't blame him for that drop ball situation - that was down to the poor sportsmanship of the Colchester team which we already knew about from the way they kept collapsing to the ground to con free-kicks.

At fault for most other things, however.
Posted by: Mrbump53, October 23, 2018, 10:40pm; Reply: 12
He is supposed to be the most experienced referee in the EFL. Still not sure how he thought Rose fouled their player when he was flat on the deck. He also missed a few off the ball including Pell grabbing the town player round his neck and throwing him to the floor. Also how wss Thomas off side when he started his run inside his own half. Still we managed to get the three points despite the referee being very lenient to them.
Posted by: Maringer, October 23, 2018, 10:42pm; Reply: 13
I think Thomas was offside on that occasion as he was definitely in their half when it was played. The Pell clothes line was a shocker, however. No idea how the linesman ignored it when the referee didn't see it.
Posted by: heppy88, October 23, 2018, 10:42pm; Reply: 14
Linesmen seem so impotent, never willing to make decisions or challenge decisions. Some of the decisions made tonight were beyond bizarre.
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, October 23, 2018, 10:43pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from GrimRob

You should make up a new word then. That's what Shakespeare used to do  :)

OK then Rob, how about ludicrapness...
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, October 23, 2018, 11:11pm; Reply: 16
What a contrast between the Leagues most experienced official tonight and it's least experienced last Saturday.

No contest, time to retire Mr Salisbury Sn.
Posted by: grimsby pete, October 23, 2018, 11:16pm; Reply: 17
On the bright side we won . ;D
Posted by: moosey_club, October 23, 2018, 11:36pm; Reply: 18
Considering he didnt give them a penalty for something or nothing then i thought he had a great game  ;D

Kept thinking throughout the game..."he's gonna give them a pen...he's gonna give them a pen "
Posted by: Marinerz93, October 24, 2018, 1:07am; Reply: 19
I thought he'd paid to ref the game tonight, certainly gave Cochester the lion share of decisions and at times was blind to what was going on right in front of him. 4/10
Posted by: Pogo, October 24, 2018, 8:47am; Reply: 20
As previously mentioned the linesman who was running the line on the mai stand side in the second half was weak and poor
Posted by: golfer, October 24, 2018, 9:06am; Reply: 21
If the ref. had been wearing a green shirt he would have had a good game-man of the match for them.
Posted by: Paris Mariner, October 24, 2018, 9:36am; Reply: 22
I agree that he gave us very little but from TV it looked like both agreed to the drop ball. Thought we would have preferred that to keep the ball in their half. In any case, it was good to see one contested!
Posted by: rancido, October 24, 2018, 12:04pm; Reply: 23

OK then Rob, how about ludicrapness...

… or uberexcrementatious...
Posted by: barrattstandman, October 24, 2018, 2:01pm; Reply: 24
1dont worry Uriah  Rennie was the refs adjudicator.  I'm  sure that he will have marked him down and give him some advice  after the game
Posted by: Posh Harry, October 24, 2018, 4:36pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from barrattstandman
1dont worry Uriah  Rennie was the refs adjudicator.  I'm  sure that he will have marked him down and give him some advice  after the game

Lol. Brilliant 😊
Print page generated: May 6, 2024, 2:46am