Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Les Brechin, October 22, 2018, 11:35am
What's going on with throw-ins these days.

Is it just me, but the amount of foul throws you see these days, that are allowed,  is unbelievable really. Throws that would have been pulled up only a few seasons ago.

Also, the other thing that irks me about throw-ins, is the amount of times the referee will make a player take the ball back several yards, only for said player to run along the touchline and throw the ball from where he was originally stood anyway.

Are we phasing out the laws of the games these days?
Posted by: pizzzza, October 22, 2018, 12:01pm; Reply: 1
See it all the time, players pretty much ignore the ref on these things.

The one that gets me is when placing the ball for a corner the taker will put it just, very so slightly outside the corner marker. Surely the fact it is a cm or two closer to goal makes no difference to the quality of the ball that can be delivered, I'm sure it is more a psychological advantage for the taker.

Do we really see fewer foul throws given nowadays? They have never been a very common occurrence have they? If a ref gave these decisions whenever a player seeks to gain a very slight advantage he'd be blowing all the time.
Posted by: moosey_club, October 22, 2018, 12:08pm; Reply: 2
Tends to be a crowd led thing to me....the bigger the grumble from the terrace the more likely the ref is to insist its taken from nearly the right place.

The power is in our hands.
Posted by: TAGG, October 22, 2018, 12:33pm; Reply: 3
Why does Mitch Rose not take the throw ins anymore?
Posted by: AussieMariner, October 22, 2018, 12:40pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from TAGG

I was wondering the same thing on Saturday especially as the Exeter defenders didn’t seem to be dealing too well with crosses and corners. He did take a couple towards the end of the game so maybe MJ sees it more as an impact tactic when there’s no time left for patient build up.
Posted by: rancido, October 22, 2018, 1:08pm; Reply: 5
Why can't the linesman mark the point of throw in with the spray the ref uses? Having said that I seem to recall the laws of the game state that the throw in can be taken with in 3 metres of where it originally crossed the line.
Posted by: Brazilnut, October 22, 2018, 1:29pm; Reply: 6
[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/44611107_2044667128925601_6731027515990605824_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.xx&oh=af1a3b601acafe58711a9e91edc456ad&oe=5C4479B0[/img]

maybe they are distracted
Posted by: arryarryarry, October 22, 2018, 4:20pm; Reply: 7
I think it is quite pathetic that a professional football cannot take a throw in properly. RHJ take note.
Posted by: Les Brechin, October 22, 2018, 4:22pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from arryarryarry
I think it is quite pathetic that a professional football cannot take a throw in properly. RHJ take note.

The thing is though Arry, unless they get pulled up on it, they'll keep doing it!
Posted by: Gaffer58, October 22, 2018, 4:33pm; Reply: 9
Not only throw ins but keep an eye on the amount of time a goal keeper hangs onto the ball, I thought it was supposed to be 6 seconds but you see some on that he telly, because you can time them from the counter in the top of the screen, takng over 15/16 seconds.
Posted by: moosey_club, October 22, 2018, 4:35pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Gaffer58
Not only throw ins but keep an eye on the amount of time a goal keeper hangs onto the ball, I thought it was supposed to be 6 seconds but you see some on that he telly, because you can time them from the counter in the top of the screen, takng over 15/16 seconds.

pretty sure that particular item got dropped from the agenda.
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, October 22, 2018, 4:40pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from TAGG

Because he hasn't beaten the first man on a single occasion so far this season and they are the easiest thing to predict and cut out
Posted by: supertown, October 22, 2018, 5:00pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from moosey_club

pretty sure that particular item got dropped from the agenda.

It didn’t , it’s still 6 seconds
Posted by: Civvy at last, October 22, 2018, 5:04pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from supertown

Me and Mrs Civvy were watching match of the day on Saturday.
She suddenly grabbed hold of me and said ‘make love to me right now.

When we finished I said ‘that was amazing, what brought that on’.

She said Well the Arsenal keeper just picked the ball up, so I knew we had time without missing a goal 😞😞😞
Posted by: arryarryarry, October 22, 2018, 5:23pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Les Brechin

The thing is though Arry, unless they get pulled up on it, they'll keep doing it!

Probably Les, I have reffed a few adult and kids games and I never let anyone get away with one.(whip3)
Posted by: Tommy, October 22, 2018, 6:17pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from supertown

I'd thought it was now at referees discretion.
Posted by: Gaffer58, October 22, 2018, 6:19pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Civvy at last

Me and Mrs Civvy were watching match of the day on Saturday.
She suddenly grabbed hold of me and said ‘make love to me right now.

When we finished I said ‘that was amazing, what brought that on’.

She said Well the Arsenal keeper just picked the ball up, so I knew we had time without missing a goal 😞😞😞

So Civvy, is it 6 seconds of passion ?
Posted by: wigworld, October 22, 2018, 7:21pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Gaffer58

So Civvy, is it 6 seconds of passion ?

Maybe there was some foreplay as well.

Posted by: moosey_club, October 22, 2018, 8:36pm; Reply: 18
that 6 seconds included the post deed cigarette mind you
Posted by: Civvy at last, October 23, 2018, 8:41am; Reply: 19
Quoted from moosey_club
that 6 seconds included the post deed cigarette mind you

I am so glad you put ‘cigarette’ and not ‘f a g’. The  swear filter on that would have seriously changed things !! 😄😄
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, October 24, 2018, 12:34am; Reply: 20
Quoted from Les Brechin
What's going on with throw-ins these days.

Is it just me, but the amount of foul throws you see these days, that are allowed,  is unbelievable really. Throws that would have been pulled up only a few seasons ago.

Also, the other thing that irks me about throw-ins, is the amount of times the referee will make a player take the ball back several yards, only for said player to run along the touchline and throw the ball from where he was originally stood anyway.

Are we phasing out the laws of the games these days?

I hope you're pleased with yourself ;)
Print page generated: May 1, 2024, 11:56pm