Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: marinerdazza, October 12, 2018, 8:50pm
In case you hadn’t seen this. Beyond words. That club is an absolute shitshow.

https://www.mansfieldtown.net/news/2018/october/stags-to-play-blues-in-friendly/
Posted by: MuddyWaters, October 12, 2018, 9:01pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from marinerdazza

https://www.mansfieldtown.net/news/2018/october/stags-to-play-blues-in-friendly/

Disgraceful. Odds on the EFL let them get away with it. Over to you GTFC board.
Posted by: promotion plaice, October 12, 2018, 9:02pm; Reply: 2

MJ said the postponement is probably a blessing in disguise for us as we have got about 13 injured players at the moment including illness and players carrying knocks so we move on.

Posted by: Abdul19, October 12, 2018, 9:06pm; Reply: 3
It would've been great banter if their friendly was against us.
Posted by: kamakazebear, October 12, 2018, 9:18pm; Reply: 4
Why is this an issue? If the 3 players they had lost were included in the squad I could understand but they’re not and the manager just wants to keep the players fit. Hardly a disgrace.
Posted by: Les Brechin, October 12, 2018, 9:23pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from kamakazebear
Why is this an issue? If the 3 players they had lost were included in the squad I could understand but they’re not and the manager just wants to keep the players fit. Hardly a disgrace.

I tend to agree. There's no importance to the game at all and obviously the manager wants to keep the rest of his squad fit.

Can't see a problem myself.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 12, 2018, 9:41pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Les Brechin

I tend to agree. There's no importance to the game at all and obviously the manager wants to keep the rest of his squad fit.

Can't see a problem myself.

Me neither Les.

It's the Outrage Brigade at work again. See something on the internet and act outraged. Something must be done about them!
Posted by: marinerdazza, October 12, 2018, 9:51pm; Reply: 7
It’s not difficult. Either they’ve got a first team or they haven’t ffs.
Posted by: Rik e B, October 12, 2018, 10:03pm; Reply: 8
Yeah they have. Minus three internationals that the rules say anyone in the lower leagues can postpone if unavailable on an International weekend. As not everyone in the lower echelons is hampered the same way it's deemed as unfair on teams hard hit.

The Premier League dont even bother as clearly they chokka full of Internationals.

The rest of the the team keeping their fitness up having a friendly instead of sitting about twiddling their thumbs. No biggie.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, October 12, 2018, 10:07pm; Reply: 9
Can't wait to hear that they pick up some injuries from it
Posted by: promotion plaice, October 12, 2018, 10:29pm; Reply: 10

Anyone heard if we have we got a "behind closed doors" friendly Saturday ?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 12, 2018, 10:58pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from promotion plaice

Anyone heard if we have we got a "behind closed doors" friendly Saturday ?

They're not saying.
Posted by: forza ivano, October 13, 2018, 12:20am; Reply: 12
Yawn......
So what if they had a friendly? Quite surprised we are not doing the same. I get the feeling Holley was quite relieved that they called it off

Anyway as was said it's an absolute outrage, someone needs to be sanctioned, if not hung drawn and quartered. IT must never happen again
Posted by: Garth, October 13, 2018, 4:28am; Reply: 13
A bunch of rotters and cads  ;)
Posted by: Gaffer58, October 13, 2018, 7:29am; Reply: 14
[quote=170]Yawn......
So what if they had a friendly? Quite surprised we are not doing the same. I get the feeling Holley was quite relieved that they called it off.

Who's Holley, is it the new singing coach Buddy ?

Posted by: scrumble, October 13, 2018, 8:28am; Reply: 15
Quoted from marinerdazza
It’s not difficult. Either they’ve got a first team or they haven’t ffs.

Your right, its not. Their first team is missing a quarter of its players. The rest, plus three second choice players are having a training match.
Posted by: Davec, October 13, 2018, 10:05am; Reply: 16
What's the issue here? I don't see what is wrong with this. The rules state if you have 3 Or more players on international duty you can have the game called off, they are well within their rights to have it called off and they are well within their rights to arrange a friendly for the other players. What's the issue??
Posted by: rancido, October 13, 2018, 11:51am; Reply: 17
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Me neither Les.

It's the Outrage Brigade at work again. See something on the internet and act outraged. Something must be done about them!

The only outrage is the fact that Mansfield were allowed to re-arrange a match because they had three players on international duty. If those same three players had been unavailable to play due to injury or suspensions , then would the EFL have sanctioned a re-arrangement of the game? I don't think so. Because Mansfield are using the day to play a friendly then that's fine by me , it's the original decision by the EFL that should be questioned.
Posted by: Abdul19, October 13, 2018, 12:02pm; Reply: 18
Hasn't the 3 players on international duty thing been a rule for years?
Posted by: Les Brechin, October 13, 2018, 12:02pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from rancido

The only outrage is the fact that Mansfield were allowed to re-arrange a match because they had three players on international duty. If those same three players had been unavailable to play due to injury or suspensions , then would the EFL have sanctioned a re-arrangement of the game? I don't think so. Because Mansfield are using the day to play a friendly then that's fine by me , it's the original decision by the EFL that should be questioned.

Agreed, especially as none of the 3 call-ups affected the home nations!
Posted by: Gaffer58, October 13, 2018, 2:01pm; Reply: 20
They found 11 players to play in the checkatrade in midweek, is that competition so lmportant it was not allowed to be postponed?
Posted by: Abdul19, October 13, 2018, 2:40pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from Les Brechin

[/b]
Agreed, especially as none of the 3 call-ups affected the home nations!

But why would playing for Scotland be under different rules to playing for Barbados?
Posted by: Meza, October 13, 2018, 3:36pm; Reply: 22
I see Cheltenham v Yeovil has been postponed due to insufficient players lol.  I know 2 of there key players have had season ending injuries including DJ.
Posted by: Stadium, October 13, 2018, 4:52pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Disgraceful. Odds on the EFL let them get away with it. Over to you GTFC board.

Err What's the issue here?
Mansfield sanctioned to postpone,it's up to them what they do until their next game.
Nothing for the EFL to let them get away with.
All a bit snowflake tbh.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 13, 2018, 5:19pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from rancido

That rule has been around for yonks. What's the problem. If we were lucky enough to have 3 or more players called up for internationals I'd be quite happy we weren't being disadvantaged by it.

The rule also means there's less likelihood of clubs pulling the old Fergie routine of top players being injured and miraculously recovering once the international window has passed.
Posted by: Abdul19, October 13, 2018, 5:25pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from KingstonMariner

The rule also means there's less likelihood of clubs pulling the old Fergie routine of top players being injured and miraculously recovering once the international window has passed.

Ah yes. Ryan Giggs has probably already managed more Wales friendlies than he played in!
Posted by: dicko995, October 13, 2018, 6:14pm; Reply: 26
game postponed,end of subject. why make a topic,its fact,get over it, end of.
Posted by: arryarryarry, October 13, 2018, 7:21pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from marinerdazza

Get a frigging grip man, it was a friendly so the remaining players plus probably fringe players had a bit of game time.

As for someone complaining about the twatatrade, how many teams play their main squad, we don't.
Posted by: marinerdazza, October 13, 2018, 7:28pm; Reply: 28
It’s quite liberating going against fishy opinion for once. Still not seen anything on here or elsewhere that’s made me change my mind. A shithouse club.

Kissy

:K)
Posted by: MuddyWaters, October 13, 2018, 10:11pm; Reply: 29
Personal opinion is that if you call a game off for the call-up reason then it's a pisstake to organise another game, especially if you've turned a team out for Checkatrade.
Posted by: rancido, October 14, 2018, 12:32pm; Reply: 30
I accept that this rule has been around for ages but it all seems a bit subjective to me. I don't recall any Premiersh*t games having to be re-arranged because a club has players who have been called up in the African Nations Cup! Is this a FA rule or a EFL rule?
As far as Mansfield are concerned, good luck to them as I'm sure in their position we would have done the same. OK, so the arrange a friendly with the remaining squad , so what. When all is said and done it is only a glorified training exercise.
Posted by: Abdul19, October 14, 2018, 3:47pm; Reply: 31
I wonder if those good folk at fifa might have something to do with the rule as it's a designated international week on their calendar.
Print page generated: April 25, 2024, 9:15am