Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Les Brechin, October 9, 2018, 1:51pm
17 years ago today. No excuse needed for posting this goal again.  ;)

[youtube]bRt1KMGYTe8[/youtube]
Posted by: Teestogreen, October 9, 2018, 6:21pm; Reply: 1
Didn't go unfortunately - but when that goal went in ( via radio) - I almost went through my kitchen ceiling.

Bad enough when Marlon Broomes equalised.
Posted by: wuffing, October 9, 2018, 6:30pm; Reply: 2
Oh yes. Was on 2-10. The wife taped it and I steered clear of the result and watched it when I got home....was that high after that I didn't sleep a wink for three days. Wow, the power of football and our team. Magic.
Posted by: jimgtfc, October 9, 2018, 7:00pm; Reply: 3
Special night, special club.
Posted by: jock dock tower, October 9, 2018, 7:22pm; Reply: 4
Was on holiday in Greece and desperate to find out the score. Saw a Scouser in the bar and he said the game had just gone into extra time - I couldn't quite believe it. The reception area was shut up and only the one computer available was in there.

Came down in the morning and persuaded them to let me borrow the computer for a couple of minutes so I could find out the score. When I saw it I burst into tears! Think they all thought I'd had a bereavement or something. Never saw the Scouser again so couldn't even gloat...
Posted by: immariner, October 9, 2018, 8:12pm; Reply: 5
Which pixel is Jevons?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 9, 2018, 10:51pm; Reply: 6
Superb night. Was listening on the radio and late on they lost coverage so the Beeb switched to Radio Merseyside. Made it even sweeter.

Like cuffing I didn't sleep for days.

A couple of years later my little lad took to watching the DVD over and over and could practically recite the commentary and knew what action was coming up minute by minute. Despite never living there he's now a great hulking Town loon. Shows you what an inspiration the game can be.
Posted by: Germo66, October 10, 2018, 7:39pm; Reply: 7
I remember the ball heading straight towards me ;)
Posted by: Les Brechin, October 10, 2018, 9:37pm; Reply: 8
There's been 2 moments in my time watching Town over the years where time has seemed to momentarily stand still.

The first time was when we beat Exeter on the final day of the 91/92 season when they hit the post from a corner in the final 5 minutes and this was the 2nd time.

When the ball flew into the top corner there seemed to be a momentary pause until the 7000 fans behind the goal realsied what had actually happened before everyone went bezerk.
Posted by: GTFCLarry, October 11, 2018, 9:52pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Les Brechin
17 years ago today. No excuse needed for posting this goal again.  ;)

[youtube]bRt1KMGYTe8[/youtube]

Great memories mate U.T.M.

:)
Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 4:16am