Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Tangerine Chris, October 8, 2018, 12:02pm
https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2018/october/mansfield-town-fixture-postponed/
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, October 8, 2018, 12:06pm; Reply: 1
male masturbators, that was the only other game I could get to whilst back home.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, October 8, 2018, 12:07pm; Reply: 2
Flipping females....we've had half our first teamers injured for the majority of the,season and did not try to postpone our league matches because if that..although most of us wish we had, certainly for 6 of them at least.....
Gow some kahanoos FA and tell Mansfield to.play some of their squad players.....P!ssed me right off this have, bleating to the FA because 3 or first team.players have been called up for international duty, well f@cking boohoo, try being our boots you tw@ts!!!
Posted by: jamesgtfc, October 8, 2018, 12:10pm; Reply: 3
If we had lost the last two games convincingly I'm sure they would have made sure the game went ahead!
Posted by: Hagrid, October 8, 2018, 12:11pm; Reply: 4
intercourse sake what a joke
Posted by: psgmariner, October 8, 2018, 12:12pm; Reply: 5
That’s cack. We had some momentum for the first time in what feels like years. Take the positives we will have Embleton back.
Posted by: OllieGTFC, October 8, 2018, 12:14pm; Reply: 6
That’s a joke that should be made to use youth players
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, October 8, 2018, 12:32pm; Reply: 7
Means we will have embleton back when we play them whos one of our current best performers
Posted by: promotion plaice, October 8, 2018, 12:37pm; Reply: 8

A week and a half without a game (some would say two) what the hell are we gonna talk about?   :o
Posted by: Mariner93er, October 8, 2018, 12:37pm; Reply: 9
It means we can keep the same side again for our next game.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, October 8, 2018, 12:40pm; Reply: 10
Could always go tomorrow night and boost the away to support...then again you could stay in, stick pins in your eyes whilst playing hand chicken with a machete...
Posted by: GrimRob, October 8, 2018, 12:44pm; Reply: 11
Bet the police are gutted, they'll miss all that overtime
Posted by: moosey_club, October 8, 2018, 12:46pm; Reply: 12
Means we will have embleton back when we play them whos one of our current best performers

we only have him til January dont we so maybe not ?
Posted by: Cloudy, October 8, 2018, 12:48pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from moosey_club

we only have him til January dont we so maybe not ?

Yes, deal is unil 6th Jan 2019
Posted by: pkscouse, October 8, 2018, 12:56pm; Reply: 14
will they refund me with the cost of my advance rail tickets ........will they f**k ......
Posted by: GrimRob, October 8, 2018, 12:57pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from pkscouse
will they refund me with the cost of my advance rail tickets ........will they f**k ......

Unlucky, day out in Mansfield?

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attractions-g504069-Activities-Mansfield_Nottinghamshire_England.html
Posted by: Mikoo, October 8, 2018, 1:02pm; Reply: 16
We will have had to agree to this
Posted by: Les Brechin, October 8, 2018, 1:09pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Mikoo
We will have had to agree to this

I don't think so, They have applied to the EFL for permission to call off the game and that has been granted so I don't think we would have had a say in the decision to be honest.
Posted by: Abdul19, October 8, 2018, 1:15pm; Reply: 18
Mansfield have got 3 internationals?!
Posted by: marinerdazza, October 8, 2018, 1:18pm; Reply: 19
Feel bad for those who've already sorted travel, but might not be such a bad thing given our injuries and players coming back to fitness. May see a stronger team out against Doncaster in the unspeakable trophy as a consequence.
Posted by: forza ivano, October 8, 2018, 1:19pm; Reply: 20
give us another week to get players fit and back in full training (should be of benefit to fox,fameweo, cook and cardwell i think)
plus it means davis will be another week closer to a return, so not all bad
Posted by: Chrisblor, October 8, 2018, 1:25pm; Reply: 21
Hope Embleton shreds them in the rearranged fixture now. 3 players missing? Absolute fannies.
Posted by: Les Brechin, October 8, 2018, 1:26pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from Abdul19
Mansfield have got 3 internationals?!

Ryan Sweeney - Republic of Ireland U21 (On-loan from Stoke)
Krystian Pearce - Barbados
Omari Sterling-James - St.Kitts and Nevis.
Posted by: Mikoo, October 8, 2018, 1:41pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from Les Brechin

I don't think so, They have applied to the EFL for permission to call off the game and that has been granted so I don't think we would have had a say in the decision to be honest.

My mistake, wasn't aware of that
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, October 8, 2018, 1:41pm; Reply: 24
Truth is Notts police have only got 3125 officers available, and they know they can not police the game with that few officers .  ;D ;D ;D
Posted by: mimma, October 8, 2018, 2:32pm; Reply: 25
Also it will be a 7:30 kick off so it won't be shown on I follow now.
Posted by: Abdul19, October 8, 2018, 2:38pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from mimma

Evening kick offs are shown on i-follow, aren't they?
Posted by: Les Brechin, October 8, 2018, 2:54pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from Abdul19

Evening kick offs are shown on i-follow, aren't they?

Yeah, all evening games are shown on iFollow it's just the ones on Saturday afternoon's that usually can't, although there seems to be a different rule when it's an international break.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, October 8, 2018, 3:14pm; Reply: 28
Just a thought. It would be interesting if all clubs were forced to fulfil fixtures during international weeks, including PL clubs. We might see some fascinating matches with players whose names we can pronounce, and some young English players could get a first team game.
Posted by: scrumble, October 8, 2018, 3:43pm; Reply: 29
I thought the rule was more than three players on international call before a game could be cancelled? I seem to remember us having to play Wolves minus Barnard, Coyne and someone else on international duty
Posted by: Les Brechin, October 8, 2018, 3:58pm; Reply: 30
The late timing puzzles me somewhat.

The international break has been planned for a long time and squads know for a while but when we were losing 6 games on the trot there was no request from Mansfield to postpone the game.

Now  we've won 2 on the trot, all of a sudden they want to call the game off!
Posted by: GrimRob, October 8, 2018, 4:03pm; Reply: 31
Maybe they don't want to play us after the two wins?
Posted by: Teestogreen, October 8, 2018, 4:14pm; Reply: 32
I agree - my thoughts are Embleton is worth more to us in a dynamic midfield pairing with Clifton, than any of their dubious internationals is to them.

My first thought was - I'm glad the game is off because Embleton will be missing:
- but now I'm thinking - Mansfield are frightened of Town's new team energy.

Wouldn't surprise me if Mansfield want to play us when Embleton's loan period has expired.
Posted by: supertown, October 8, 2018, 4:35pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from Les Brechin

Ryan Sweeney - Republic of Ireland U21 (On-loan from Stoke)
Krystian Pearce - Barbados
Omari Sterling-James - St.Kitts and Nevis.

Personally I don’t think Loan players should count  
Posted by: Abdul19, October 8, 2018, 5:12pm; Reply: 34
Just a thought. It would be interesting if all clubs were forced to fulfil fixtures during international weeks, including PL clubs.

Except there's no PL fixtures to fulfill during international weeks ;)
Posted by: golfer, October 8, 2018, 5:50pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from promotion plaice

A week and a half without a game (some would say two) what the hell are we gonna talk about?   :o

Some could always refer back to old threads and call fck out of Woolford,Macca,,J.S.F.,Collins,Hooper,Rose,Welsh,Peaks Parkway,---oh I forgot,we've won our last 2 matches.
Posted by: Gaffer58, October 8, 2018, 6:18pm; Reply: 36
Just a thought. It would be interesting if all clubs were forced to fulfil fixtures during international weeks, including PL clubs. We might see some fascinating matches with players whose names we can pronounce, and some young English players could get a first team game.

I believe cricket just carries on with there fixtures when test matches are on, tough if you have internationals missing, but it would give fringe players, even under 23's a chance.
Posted by: Cloudy, October 8, 2018, 6:25pm; Reply: 37
Mansfield have 3 players called up for Int duty but only 2 of them played last Saturday so seems the rules are being stretched
Posted by: ska face, October 8, 2018, 6:37pm; Reply: 38
One of them has made one 30-minute sub appearance in the league this year, plus another 17 mins in a single league-cup defeat in August.

I’d be questioning this if I were a GTFC official, as they’ll be without 2 of their starting back 4 including their captain.

It’s like us losing Akheem Rose to the Jamaica u20 squad.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, October 8, 2018, 7:13pm; Reply: 39
Out of order as it might be, it'll give us a little extra incentive when it is played.
Posted by: H19P1, October 8, 2018, 7:16pm; Reply: 40
How many tickets did we actually sell?
Posted by: conscorner, October 8, 2018, 7:23pm; Reply: 41
All a bit dubious on Mansfield's part I think   -they would have been well aware of the international fixtures for this weekend and the likelihood of their players being called up.  Yet they send 1600 tickets for GTFC to sell in advance and then postpone after a week of sales.

I noticed that on the Mansfield Town website that there was no mention of tickets going on sale for their own supporters for this fixture.

I know that we are entitled to refunds but I suspect most Grimsby fans will hold on to their tickets until the rearranged date is announced.  All a bit fishy!!!
Posted by: lukeo, October 8, 2018, 7:23pm; Reply: 42
Only 3? I thought it had to be 5 or more..
Posted by: Mariner Timsky, October 8, 2018, 9:50pm; Reply: 43
Pathetic this from Mansfield. It’s not flipping Premier League is it with star players depleting the squads.

Anyways they should get on with it just like the cricket and the egg chasers do
Posted by: Abdul19, October 8, 2018, 10:43pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from Gaffer58

I believe cricket just carries on with there fixtures when test matches are on, tough if you have internationals missing, but it would give fringe players, even under 23's a chance.

Difference being that the England cricketers salaries are paid by the ECB.
Posted by: barralad, October 8, 2018, 10:56pm; Reply: 45
They have form for this sort of thing. I remember in non-league we were due to play them between Xmas and New Year and they got the game called off on the morning claiming the pitch wasn't playable despite games at Chesterfield (Saltergate 15 miles away) and one of the Nottingham teams going ahead in decent conditions. There was some talk of them watering the pitch although that was never obviously substantiated.  The fact they were playing Liverpool in the cup the next weekend was a mere coincidence...
Posted by: Croxton, October 8, 2018, 10:57pm; Reply: 46
Their Crewe fixture was postponed for the same reason. Tail and dog comes to mind.
Posted by: horsforthmariner, October 8, 2018, 11:15pm; Reply: 47
I think at this level only home nations players should count.
Posted by: arryarryarry, October 8, 2018, 11:51pm; Reply: 48
Quoted from mimma

That wont be a problem as it will kick off at 7.45 and that will be shown on Ifollow. ;)
Posted by: pen penfras, October 9, 2018, 10:48am; Reply: 49
It's the same rules for everybody and it's been 3 players for as long as I can remember.

Whilst it does seem a bit dubious with the timing, weren't the squads only announced at the end of last week? They can't appeal to call off a game before they know if the 3 players are missing or not.
Posted by: Les Brechin, October 9, 2018, 11:28am; Reply: 50
Quoted from H19P1
How many tickets did we actually sell?

As of yesterday I was told only just over 300.
Posted by: Gaffer58, October 9, 2018, 8:48pm; Reply: 51
Assume Mansfield don't care about the Checkatrade trophy as they haven't cancelled tonight's game against Wolves U21's, probably using the squad system tonight.
Posted by: promotion plaice, October 11, 2018, 7:55am; Reply: 52

In today's Telegraph MJ admits the Mansfield postponement is probably a blessing in disguise for us as we have got about 13 injured players at the moment including illness and players carrying knocks.
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 3:19am