Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: psgmariner, October 8, 2018, 9:25am
If we win tomorrow night are we through to the next round? Google was not my friend.

I won't be going and have major issues with the competition but was curious as to how qualification works.

edit - found this which explains it https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018%E2%80%9319_EFL_Trophy so the top 2 teams go through. We may as well win some money out of it.
Posted by: GrimRob, October 8, 2018, 10:58am; Reply: 1
The top two progress, then knockout, it's just like the World Cup! Or the Champions League.
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, October 8, 2018, 11:35am; Reply: 2
Are we taking 4000 like last time ?
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, October 8, 2018, 12:01pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
Are we taking 4000 like last time ?

Be more like 4.000.....
Posted by: moosey_club, October 8, 2018, 12:49pm; Reply: 4
take a couple of thousand but just sit in their end...that way they look like they are checkatrade supporting tw@ts  ;)
Posted by: GrimRob, October 8, 2018, 12:56pm; Reply: 5
Maybe MJ will field a slightly stronger side in this game as we don't have a match at the weekend?
Posted by: Civvy at last, October 8, 2018, 1:05pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from psgmariner
If we win tomorrow night are we through to the next round? Google was not my friend.

I won't be going and have major issues with the competition but was curious as to how qualification works.

edit - found this which explains it https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018%E2%80%9319_EFL_Trophy so the top 2 teams go through. We may as well win some money out of it.

Pretty much my thoughts. I won’t spend a single penny on it. Or attend a single second of any match (and that would include Wembley if we got there).  

But being as we have already sold our soul we may as well get some financial reward ( providing it goes into the budget and not paying off benign loans).

I wish them well. But will not be there to cheer them on.

#shaunharveyisstillacunt.
Posted by: Cloudy, October 8, 2018, 1:07pm; Reply: 7
Is Famewo over his concssion yet? I would have thought he will play, Russell,Pringle, Hess, Woolford, A Rose possibly too? Do we have a reserve game this week?
Posted by: wuffing, October 8, 2018, 1:18pm; Reply: 8
Stuff it were the sun don't shine(yahoo)
Posted by: moosey_club, October 8, 2018, 5:18pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Cloudy
Is Famewo over his concssion yet? I would have thought he will play, Russell,Pringle, Hess, Woolford, A Rose possibly too? Do we have a reserve game this week?

Not Pringle...he isnt match fit yet  ;)
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, October 8, 2018, 7:20pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from moosey_club

Interesting that after being with us for a good six weeks his fitness still appears to be a problem which makes me wonder how he spent his summer?

Understand he was training with the kids at Preston and can only assume they were still painting the stands ( or whatever young professional players do nowadays) by the time his loan move was agreed. Shame as looks more than half decent on you tube clips.

Would guess Cardwell and Robies may play tomorrow or Akheem or all three for added excitement 😄😄
Posted by: Mallyner, October 8, 2018, 8:23pm; Reply: 11
I would have expected Pringle to have come in a crisper condition.  :)
Posted by: Youngy, October 8, 2018, 9:28pm; Reply: 12
Don't agree with the concept of the competition but will be looking with interest at the team tomorrow.

Think he'll finally start Pringle, think Rose will also feature and Max Wright is eligible due to competition rules. Wouldn't be shocked if Matty Pollock makes the squad as centre back cover either. It's a chance for individuals to impress.
Posted by: chaos33, October 8, 2018, 9:47pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from moosey_club

This is a talking pointi isn't  it.
How we going to get him 'match fit'? Play him in some matches?!
After six weeks he needs to start playing and earn a wage. If it's fitness and rehabilitation he needs - join a gym. He should play, and he needs to be a growing part of the match day squad. A player of some pedigree, so we need to see it.
Posted by: MidnightMariner, October 8, 2018, 11:30pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Mallyner
I would have expected Pringle to have come in a crisper condition.  :)

Nah,
Pringles gone down  the tubes unfortunately 😊
Posted by: BeijingMariner, October 8, 2018, 11:37pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from MidnightMariner

Nah,
Pringles gone down  the tubes unfortunately 😊

I would have thought that once MJ has popped him in the team, he just won't stop
Posted by: denni266, October 9, 2018, 7:11am; Reply: 16
Needs to start playing or he will never get match fit,,
Posted by: oochiad, October 9, 2018, 7:29am; Reply: 17
Hang on, don’t we need to play with a settled squad? Two matches with the same starting eleven, Pringle will get his chance.
Posted by: Meza, October 9, 2018, 7:39am; Reply: 18
On the Pringle front I watched his interview on ifollow and I was surprised he mentioned during the interview he only came here as he is was garentee games.  A bit of a coincidence maybe 🤔
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, October 9, 2018, 7:53am; Reply: 19
Akheem rose must start for me. Weve brought him back for a reason, he’s match fit, been scoring goals, need more than just late sub appearances.
Posted by: arryarryarry, October 9, 2018, 9:44am; Reply: 20
Possibly young Buckley, wasn't he involved in the last game?
Posted by: psgmariner, October 9, 2018, 10:20am; Reply: 21
£10 to watch it on i-follow - https://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/2018/october/fixture-news-for-doncaster-rovers-vs-grimsby-town-on-09-oct-18/
Posted by: Hagrid, October 9, 2018, 10:36am; Reply: 22
Quoted from psgmariner

no thanks
Posted by: psgmariner, October 9, 2018, 10:52am; Reply: 23
Quoted from Hagrid

no thanks

Me neither. It's only £5 to get in the ground so imagine anyone who cares will go to the game.
Posted by: arryarryarry, October 9, 2018, 12:49pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from psgmariner

Is that £10.00 a payment to the fans?
Posted by: GrimRob, October 9, 2018, 12:53pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from psgmariner

Me neither. It's only £5 to get in the ground so imagine anyone who cares will go to the game.

It does seem ridiculous charging more to watch a televised game than to attend it! I appreciate that travelling costs and time make it difficult for many to attend, but even so I think there should be an absolute ceiling of the attendance fee.
Posted by: chaos33, October 9, 2018, 1:31pm; Reply: 26
And in some ways ironically befitting of a tawdry competition like this, where someone has seen a commercial opportunity to exploit fans with no attempt to identify with them.
No thanks to attending the game or paying double to watch it on a tablet. Stick it.
Posted by: 139881 (Guest), October 9, 2018, 2:38pm; Reply: 27
Don't care. More interested in the league to be honest
Posted by: VinnyGTFC, October 9, 2018, 2:55pm; Reply: 28
I can't for the life of me understand why people are against it. It was before an awfully dour cup competition which now allows younger fringe players from bigger clubs get some meaningful competitive games. While lower league clubs can look at some talent on offer and face up against a different type of football than lower leagues bring you. I would guess that the management and coaching staff at lower league clubs enjoy and embrace the challenge.
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, October 9, 2018, 3:08pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from VinnyGTFC
I can't for the life of me understand why people are against it. It was before an awfully dour cup competition which now allows younger fringe players from bigger clubs get some meaningful competitive games. While lower league clubs can look at some talent on offer and face up against a different type of football than lower leagues bring you. I would guess that the management and coaching staff at lower league clubs enjoy and embrace the challenge.

Go sit in the corner and think about what you’ve done
Posted by: Rik e B, October 9, 2018, 3:31pm; Reply: 30
Are you a troll Vinny? B-teams pose a genuine threat to the long-term sustainability of small football clubs and they snook in this change after their League 3 Grand Design was  stamped out. Thin end of the wedge if ever there was one and a good old 'Blowed you fan's we'll do what we want.'

And it won't help blood any youngsters for England -they should rectify the monster that is the Premier League not spread their greedy tanticles further down the pyramid.
Posted by: VinnyGTFC, October 9, 2018, 4:11pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from Rik e B
Are you a troll Vinny? B-teams pose a genuine threat to the long-term sustainability of small football clubs and they snook in this change after their League 3 Grand Design was  stamped out. Thin end of the wedge if ever there was one and a good old 'Blowed you fan's we'll do what we want.'

And it won't help blood any youngsters for England -they should rectify the monster that is the Premier League not spread their greedy tanticles further down the pyramid.

Or do we have an archaic view. I appreciate the FA don't put enough money in lower down and never have, however appreciate that they have doubled prize money in the early rounds of the FA Cup. The involvement of these larger clubs in this competition is a small step and I agree the introduction of B teams into the football league goes too far. But this isn't a step too far. It's a sensible and understandable step which on the face of it is correct, and all I can judge on is what they are doing now not what they might do. Because if I'm honest I don't think it will change anything if there are 500 or 5000 fans at Blundell Park on a Tuesday night.
Posted by: Cloudy, October 9, 2018, 4:31pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from VinnyGTFC

Or do we have an archaic view. I appreciate the FA don't put enough money in lower down and never have, however appreciate that they have doubled prize money in the early rounds of the FA Cup. The involvement of these larger clubs in this competition is a small step and I agree the introduction of B teams into the football league goes too far. But this isn't a step too far. It's a sensible and understandable step which on the face of it is correct, and all I can judge on is what they are doing now not what they might do. Because if I'm honest I don't think it will change anything if there are 500 or 5000 fans at Blundell Park on a Tuesday night.

My archaic view if that is what you call it, is that it can be never right for ANY football club to play another clubs 'B', Under 21/23 in a competitive fixture. We have a proud 140 year history and although that is in the past, it is what makes our club and many others like us.

This competition in its various guises gave clubs the chance for a Wembley appearance, that chance has clearly been lessened by the inclusion of a Chelsea, or Man City X1.
All I can say is that you must be looking at a very different face if you think this is correct.
Posted by: arryarryarry, October 9, 2018, 6:52pm; Reply: 33
Town team :-

Russell
Hall-Johnson
Dixon
Hessenthaler
Welsh
Hopper
Woolford
Vernham
Rose
Whitmore
Pringle

Subs :-

Rose
Clifton
Robles
Buckley
Burrell
Battersby
Pollock
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, October 9, 2018, 6:59pm; Reply: 34
Akheem rose must start for me. Weve brought him back for a reason, he’s match fit, been scoring goals, need more than just late sub appearances.

Called it
Posted by: Posh Harry, October 9, 2018, 7:08pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from VinnyGTFC

If we have an archaic view then it shared by every single club in the competition bar those bandwagon hoggers from Lincoln, who just don’t get it, and with their seemingly low levels of iq, maybe never will. The only crowds of any substance have been for the semi and finals of this competition since it changed format. This is just people wanting to see their team at Wembley. Some that have never been to Wembley before i.e. Lincoln, or those not been there for decades i.e. Coventry.

Will having 5000 there rather than 500 make a difference, Imho it very much will. The EFL and that scumbag Harvey will see it as acceptance. They will see it as justification. And they will see it as the first step on lower league clubs lying on their back and having their tummies tickled for some extra cash. It doesn’t matter what the chairman say, this is the first step to trying to get B teams into the league. Money talks, this is possibly our only chance to make a difference and to make our voices heard (or not as the case may be).

UTFM and down the EFL
Posted by: Rik e B, October 9, 2018, 7:35pm; Reply: 36
Here's how you save the English game, or at least help England to perform better: make it mandatory that each Premier team has to play X amount of homegrown player's introducing a couple of new starlets each year (German League does similar). Not tamper with our footballing pyramid that contains many great and historic clubs with superb followings.

We are not Spain where most the lower division teams have barely 1000 hardcore followers -some a couple of hundred.

But they wont potentially 'devalue the product' of the Premier League forcing the playing of youngster's as they want it crammed full of the best talent from worldwide to continue their vast income streams.

The lower leagues aren't broken, so don't need fixing -it's the top flight that needs sorting.

Pi$$ off Harvey and Co.
Posted by: promotion plaice, October 9, 2018, 7:37pm; Reply: 37

No harm in giving it a listen on iFollow .......c'mon Town.
Posted by: psgmariner, October 9, 2018, 7:40pm; Reply: 38
The Premier League already has this rule in place:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homegrown_Player_Rule_(England)
Posted by: Spatchcock, October 9, 2018, 7:41pm; Reply: 39
Cleethorpes Town playing there replay tonight as well - Come on you owls (groupwave)
Posted by: arryarryarry, October 9, 2018, 7:54pm; Reply: 40
1 nil to Donny, Woolford is crap as a left back.
Posted by: moosey_club, October 9, 2018, 7:55pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from arryarryarry

hmmmm....i wonder if any GTFC supporter ever thought that wouldnt be the case ??
Posted by: Donny boy, October 9, 2018, 7:57pm; Reply: 42
Still crap you lot i see
Posted by: Teestogreen, October 9, 2018, 7:58pm; Reply: 43
Quoted from arryarryarry

So is Dixon playing left wing?

Posted by: arryarryarry, October 9, 2018, 7:59pm; Reply: 44
Playing 4-4-2ish and could have been 4 nil down so far.
Posted by: arryarryarry, October 9, 2018, 7:59pm; Reply: 45
Quoted from Teestogreen

So is Dixon playing left wing?

Centre back
Posted by: Teestogreen, October 9, 2018, 8:01pm; Reply: 46
I see what you are saying  Ari - Town have no chance tonight.
Posted by: arryarryarry, October 9, 2018, 8:03pm; Reply: 47
Hall-Johnson getting drunk at right back as well.
Posted by: Stew0_0, October 9, 2018, 8:03pm; Reply: 48
This co commentator for doncaster has got some charisma, blimey.

1-0 to Doncaster atm. A good finish to be fair by Alfie May. Weve had some half chances
Posted by: moosey_club, October 9, 2018, 8:11pm; Reply: 49
140 odd away fans !!!  :-/
Posted by: arryarryarry, October 9, 2018, 8:30pm; Reply: 50
Russell has kept us in the game pulled off some really good saves although Vernam had a good chance.

Defence has to improve this half.
Posted by: lee65, October 9, 2018, 8:32pm; Reply: 51
Watching on iPlayer

Russell looks a decent back up for Macca, has made a few good saves
Hooper decent up and down the left, and headed off the line at the end off the half
Rose has amazing pace but needs to learn other skills, worth a place on 1st Team bench at least
Vernam had a great chance just before Donny scored, did all the hard work and fired weakly at the keeper from 8 yards
Pringle a few nice touches, but gave it away cheaply a few times

A good workout though so far
Posted by: arryarryarry, October 9, 2018, 8:43pm; Reply: 52
The useless Dixon gives a penalty away. 0-2
Posted by: Donny boy, October 9, 2018, 8:44pm; Reply: 53
oh dear 2 nil
Posted by: Spatchcock, October 9, 2018, 8:45pm; Reply: 54
FFS sake 2-0!!
Posted by: arryarryarry, October 9, 2018, 8:45pm; Reply: 55
To be fair we had looked the better side up to that point.
Posted by: lee65, October 9, 2018, 8:46pm; Reply: 56
Poor challenge, player moving away from goal and Dixon took his foot away, nowhere near the ball and no protest
Very poor, as we were well on top last 10 mins and Pringle should've scored
Posted by: Chrisblor, October 9, 2018, 8:46pm; Reply: 57
Dixon's still shite then?
Posted by: lee65, October 9, 2018, 8:48pm; Reply: 58
Welsh looking way off the pace, shouldn't be anywhere near the 1st team based on this
Posted by: Donny boy, October 9, 2018, 8:48pm; Reply: 59
Grimsby still utter bobbins
Posted by: lee65, October 9, 2018, 8:49pm; Reply: 60
Quoted from Chrisblor
Dixon's still shite then?

To be fair, up to that point I was almost thinking he looked more comfortable at CB than LB, but he's nearly cost another since the pen  :-/

Posted by: arryarryarry, October 9, 2018, 8:55pm; Reply: 61
Mmmmmmm taken off one of our better players, Robles for Vernam.
Posted by: Stew0_0, October 9, 2018, 8:56pm; Reply: 62
Best moment  was co commentator trying to do pun about Pringle and said 'that would have taken the biscuit'. Doh!!
Posted by: moosey_club, October 9, 2018, 8:56pm; Reply: 63
Quoted from lee65

To be fair, up to that point I was almost thinking he looked more comfortable at CB than LB, but he's nearly cost another since the pen  :-/

when he played as the left side of a back 3 in pre season i thought he looked ok too but never been a fan of him really.
Posted by: RichMariner, October 9, 2018, 8:57pm; Reply: 64
If ever there was a fixture I didn't mind losing, it was this one.

If ever there was a fixture where I was happy for MJ to experiment, it was this one.

And yet, here I am, annoyed that we're losing and annoyed that MJ is messing about and putting more square pegs in round holes.

This is probably why many managers think they can never win, with fans like me.
Posted by: Donny boy, October 9, 2018, 8:58pm; Reply: 65
Quoted from arryarryarry
Mmmmmmm taken off one of our better players, Robles for Vernam.

One of your better pllayers. ha ha  .They are all cack ffs
Posted by: lee65, October 9, 2018, 9:06pm; Reply: 66
To me this definitely shows that the 11 who started the last two league games need to start the next one
Posted by: Perkins, October 9, 2018, 9:07pm; Reply: 67
Quoted from Donny boy

Being a Donny fan certainly qualifies you to recognise cack,when you see it. Years of,experience.
Posted by: Abdul19, October 9, 2018, 9:08pm; Reply: 68
Quoted from Donny boy

Fare play m8 thats some serious banta
Posted by: promotion plaice, October 9, 2018, 9:08pm; Reply: 69
Quoted from Spatchcock
Cleethorpes Town playing there replay tonight as well - Come on you owls (groupwave)

Anyone heard how they are getting on ?

Posted by: Les Brechin, October 9, 2018, 9:11pm; Reply: 70
Quoted from promotion plaice

Anyone heard how they are getting on ?

Losing 1-0. Keeper saved a penalty but they scored the rebound.
Posted by: Spatchcock, October 9, 2018, 9:11pm; Reply: 71
Been keeping me eye on BBC's latest scores but nothings showing yet.
Posted by: arryarryarry, October 9, 2018, 9:12pm; Reply: 72
Buckley on for Hooper.
Posted by: Donny boy, October 9, 2018, 9:13pm; Reply: 73
Quoted from Perkins

Being a Donny fan certainly qualifies you to recognise cack,when you see it. Years of,experience.

Can you remember that 5...  1  thrashing we gave you not so long ago
Posted by: Abdul19, October 9, 2018, 9:14pm; Reply: 74
Quoted from Spatchcock
Been keeping me eye on BBC's latest scores but nothings showing yet.

Take a look at Cleethorpes Town FC (@CleeTownFC): https://twitter.com/CleeTownFC?s=09

Just refresh that as and when.

I don't think the press association do fa cup live scores until round 1.
Posted by: Marinerz93, October 9, 2018, 9:15pm; Reply: 75
Quoted from Donny boy

[img]https://i.imgur.com/40hjEGu.gif[/img]

Kid, I've been to Belle Vue, back when Donny couldn't beat an egg, take your excrement banter and go follow Leeds just like your dad.
Posted by: Donny boy, October 9, 2018, 9:17pm; Reply: 76
Quoted from Marinerz93

[img]https://i.imgur.com/40hjEGu.gif[/img]

Kid, I've been to Belle Vue, back when Donny couldn't beat an egg, take your excrement banter and go follow Leeds just like your dad.

My dad died 20 yrs ago, he never liked or followed football anyway... Next.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, October 9, 2018, 9:18pm; Reply: 77
Cleethorpes now level at 1-1
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, October 9, 2018, 9:20pm; Reply: 78
Quoted from Donny boy

So you’re older than 10? Wow.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, October 9, 2018, 9:20pm; Reply: 79
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Cleethorpes now level at 1-1

And now 2-1 behind.
Posted by: Donny boy, October 9, 2018, 9:21pm; Reply: 80
LOL. EASY EASY . male masturbation TEAM ARE GRIMBO. XX
Posted by: moosey_club, October 9, 2018, 9:21pm; Reply: 81
Quoted from Donny boy

Are you 20 by any chance ?
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, October 9, 2018, 9:25pm; Reply: 82
Sure your dad would be so proud that you grew up to be a pillock, enjoy your trip to Notts County in a comp nobody gives a fcuk about.
Posted by: Civvy at last, October 9, 2018, 9:31pm; Reply: 83
Quoted from Donny boy

He’s on about your real dad. Not the random name on your birth certificate.

Brush your tooth and get on the Jeremy Kyle show with your fat sister (who’s also your niece)
Posted by: Marinerz93, October 9, 2018, 9:34pm; Reply: 84
Quoted from Donny boy

What's up, did a Town fan find his way into your mums bed before your poor old dad was cold in the ground.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, October 9, 2018, 9:34pm; Reply: 85
Woolford cant pass; Welsh watched the game pass him by, Rose is nowhere near a starter, Robles is nowhere near another contract and the rest of them   Meh  :-/     Hess/Vernam/Whitmore/RHJ had a reasonable game, Hooper was Hooper a couple of flashes of clever football followed by a load of gloop but certainly put a shift in.Pringle skillful but seemed to lack mobility. Only created 2 or 3 real chances and if Donny could shoot straight we would have been 4 or 5 down by half time,
Posted by: lee65, October 9, 2018, 9:36pm; Reply: 86
Quoted from Madeleymariner
Woolford cant pass; Welsh watched the game pass him by, Rose is nowhere near a starter, Robles is nowhere near another contract and the rest of them   Meh  :-/     Hess/Vernam/Whitmore/RHJ had a reasonable game, Hooper was Hooper a couple of flashes of clever football followed by a load of gloop but certainly put a shift in.Pringle skillful but seemed to lack mobility. Only created 2 or 3 real chances and if Donny could shoot straight we would have been 4 or 5 down by half time,

Pretty accurate, I’d add that Russell did well at times and looks capable if called on
Posted by: kamakazebear, October 9, 2018, 10:02pm; Reply: 87
Why on earth do people feed the trolls so much on here?! Just ignore them...
Posted by: supertown, October 9, 2018, 10:12pm; Reply: 88
Scores say Cleethorpes won 1.2 ?
Posted by: Hagrid, October 9, 2018, 10:15pm; Reply: 89
They didnt.
Posted by: Stadium, October 9, 2018, 10:21pm; Reply: 90
Quoted from supertown
Scores say Cleethorpes won 1.2 ?

Lost 2-1.
Posted by: supertown, October 9, 2018, 10:34pm; Reply: 91
Quoted from Hagrid
They didnt.

FA website wrong then
Posted by: VinnyGTFC, October 10, 2018, 9:27am; Reply: 92
Quoted from Cloudy

My archaic view if that is what you call it, is that it can be never right for ANY football club to play another clubs 'B', Under 21/23 in a competitive fixture. We have a proud 140 year history and although that is in the past, it is what makes our club and many others like us.

This competition in its various guises gave clubs the chance for a Wembley appearance, that chance has clearly been lessened by the inclusion of a Chelsea, or Man City X1.
All I can say is that you must be looking at a very different face if you think this is correct.

So we're concerned for teams and their chance of getting to Wembley, yet the majority don't take it seriously till later on and use it to rest key players. It is a correct step in it's on right. I couldn't agree more that it shouldnt go further than this but if this is the compromise then that's fine. It's an uninspiring competition that can benefit from this move.
Posted by: Les Brechin, October 10, 2018, 9:37am; Reply: 93
I see Stevenage did well in this last night!  ??)
Posted by: forza ivano, October 10, 2018, 10:40am; Reply: 94
sounds like mansfield might want to reconsider postponing Saturday's game!

anyway back to the magic of the cup

huge repect to luton (average crowd 8000+) - 875, coventry (averaging 11,000+) - 1341 and especially Bradford (averaging over 15,000) got a measly 1015 through the gate

other highlights - oxfprd 929, accy stan 900, steveange 733, fleetwood 669 and brilliant stuff at port vale with 601

the fans are really buying into this aren't they?
Posted by: monkeyboy, October 10, 2018, 11:17am; Reply: 95
Quoted from forza ivano
sounds like mansfield might want to reconsider postponing Saturday's game!

anyway back to the magic of the cup

huge repect to luton (average crowd 8000+) - 875, coventry (averaging 11,000+) - 1341 and especially Bradford (averaging over 15,000) got a measly 1015 through the gate

other highlights - oxfprd 929, accy stan 900, steveange 733, fleetwood 669 and brilliant stuff at port vale with 601

the fans are really buying into this aren't they?

Not far off normal for Accy really lol.
Posted by: arryarryarry, October 10, 2018, 11:26am; Reply: 96
Quoted from Madeleymariner

Agree with most of that although I thought RHJ was given the run around.

I thought we struggled playing four at the back as the two full backs gave their wide players too much room as was the case for their 1st goal with Woolford not making any effort to close their player down who cut inside and wacked it into the net.

Played some nice stuff at times and should have had at least a couple of goals, but having said that if not for some great saves from Russell and wayward finishing from Donny they could have had a cricket score.
Posted by: Croxton, October 10, 2018, 12:01pm; Reply: 97
[b][/b]
Quoted from arryarryarry

Agree with most of that although I thought RHJ was given the run around.

I thought we struggled playing four at the back as the two full backs gave their wide players too much room as was the case for their 1st goal with Woolford not making any effort to close their player down who cut inside and wacked it into the net.

Played some nice stuff at times and should have had at least a couple of goals, but having said that if not for some great saves from Russell and wayward finishing from Donny they could have had a cricket score.

Could be Wooly's passive aggressive 'play me further up the park' message.

Sadly, I think Welshy's future is behind him. The Rochdale game showed that if he ventures over half way someone has to cover.
Posted by: Abdul19, October 10, 2018, 2:33pm; Reply: 98
He would've been better off giving out one of those messages in the countless times he's played there.
Posted by: arryarryarry, October 11, 2018, 3:11pm; Reply: 99
If anybody can be arsed :-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5X08M-fcGk
Posted by: lukeo, October 11, 2018, 6:25pm; Reply: 100
Quoted from monkeyboy

Not far off normal for Accy really lol.

Tbf their chairman expresses exactly how he feels about the competition, they have a new stand opened AND they was charging just £5. Can't remember his name but I follow their chairman on twitter, really decent honest bloke for me. Says it how it is.
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 9:32pm