Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Cod Cheeks, October 6, 2018, 10:18pm
JJ Hooper and great goal celebration too
Posted by: moosey_club, October 6, 2018, 11:10pm; Reply: 1
cupping his ears....risky in these parts  ;D
Posted by: Maringer, October 6, 2018, 11:16pm; Reply: 2
Seeing the goal celebration, I did initially think Hooper must have been getting some real grief from the Main Stand, until I remembered who we were playing!
Posted by: HertsGTFC, October 6, 2018, 11:19pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Maringer
Seeing the goal celebration, I did initially think Hooper must have been getting some real grief from the Main Stand, until I remembered who we were playing!

He got plenty from the Upper so didn't need it from the main.

Pointless thread IMHO.
Posted by: paramariner, October 7, 2018, 2:09pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from HertsGTFC

He got plenty from the Upper so didn't need it from the main.

Pointless thread IMHO.

Think it was for the benefit of Vale fans abusing him.
Posted by: Mariner_09, October 7, 2018, 2:39pm; Reply: 5
I thought when you cupped your ears to celebrate you were subsequently called a “nasty little Yorkie who deserved the abuse he got”.
Posted by: Kris2, October 7, 2018, 3:19pm; Reply: 6
Maybe if he scored more than 1 in 30 when it comes to open goals and easy chances he'd get less abuse from all stands  ;D
Posted by: crusty ole pie, October 7, 2018, 3:49pm; Reply: 7
Am I the only one who thought he put in a great team performance yesterday
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, October 7, 2018, 5:04pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from crusty ole pie
Am I the only one who thought he put in a great team performance yesterday

I'm with you, don't know how many noticed but in the first half Jolley swapped him from left to right to back up RHJ  as vale were having some success down the left until JJ went over there and in fairness his physicality seemed to mute their attacks...
Posted by: golfer, October 7, 2018, 5:26pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

I'm with you, don't know how many noticed but in the first half Jolley swapped him from left to right to back up RHJ  as vale were having some success down the left until JJ went over there and in fairness his physicality seemed to mute their attacks...

I'm glad somebody else realised . He's played a big part in our 2 recent games and Jolly appreciates this-I wish others would. He received bottom points again in OUR match ratings.
Posted by: Cloudy, October 7, 2018, 5:28pm; Reply: 10
Seen on Twitter that Hooper has started every game in which we have won point(s) and didn’t start any in our 6 match losing streak!

Tells a story methinks
Posted by: oldun, October 7, 2018, 5:54pm; Reply: 11
He must stay in the team for a decent run and I think he will do well. Playing wide seems to suit him better than through the middle. A confidence player. He was totally different after he scored. MJ needs to encourage him and make him feel wanted in the team. Fans, get off his case.
Posted by: Cod Cheeks, October 7, 2018, 6:10pm; Reply: 12
Tell you what then Hearts lad.
You let me know what is and isn't pointless and I'll do my best to please IMHO 😉
Posted by: Abdul19, October 7, 2018, 6:29pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Cloudy
Seen on Twitter that Hooper has started every game in which we have won point(s) and didn’t start any in our 6 match losing streak!

Tells a story methinks

I hate to question the validity of a twitter post but he started the first 2 games of said run!
Posted by: golfer, October 7, 2018, 7:12pm; Reply: 14
He wasn't himself.
Posted by: chaos33, October 7, 2018, 8:35pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Abdul19

I hate to question the validity of a twitter post but he started the first 2 games of said run!

Hehe. Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story!

I know the curse of overstatement and overreaction is rife but he was due a good game, and finally he's managed a couple of proper team performances. Well done and keep it up. He's not the only one who has, more often than not, looked way below par. Now we want to see that standard upheld.
Print page generated: May 2, 2024, 7:16pm