Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, October 4, 2018, 10:46pm
GTFC XI: McKeown, Hendrie, Whitmore, Collins (c), Hall-Johnson, Embleton, Rose, Clifton, Hooper, Thomas, Vernam.

Subs: Russell, Dixon, Hessenthaler, Robles, Woolford, Pringle, A. Rose.

Just been reading on the Port Vale forum the game has been made all ticket last Friday for them due to police costs?  Doubt that will deter any scumbag thugs from down there turning up, hopefully the majority of them have been caught and facing lengthy banning orders after last years chaos.

Link >> https://www.onevalefan.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?36074-Grimsby-Town-Tickets
Posted by: promotion plaice, October 6, 2018, 9:26am; Reply: 1

Tricky for the players today in these wet conditions......could be a sending-off and a penalty.....hope it works in our favour UTM
Posted by: wigworld, October 6, 2018, 12:13pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from KingstonMariner

They'e all pole vaulting, rocket scientists, wearing those embroidered blouses and with plaited blonde hair in Ukraine aren't they?

They are. But I got mine home and found she was actually a bloke. Might be safer to stay away from the olympic athletes.
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, October 6, 2018, 2:07pm; Reply: 3
Team news, updating first post.

GTFC XI: McKeown, Hendrie, Whitmore, Collins (c), Hall-Johnson, Embleton, Rose, Clifton, Hooper, Thomas, Vernam.

Subs: Russell, Dixon, Hessenthaler, Robles, Woolford, Pringle, A. Rose.
Posted by: ginnywings, October 6, 2018, 2:16pm; Reply: 4
Same team as Carlisle isn't it? Is that the first unchanged line up this season?
Posted by: OllieGTFC, October 6, 2018, 2:33pm; Reply: 5
Maybe just maybe we will see the ball on the deck and see the beautiful football we want to see
Posted by: Maringer, October 6, 2018, 2:39pm; Reply: 6
All that matters today is the result. Get a win by hook or by crook and worry about the style of play at a later date. Tends to be scrappy when wet and windy, but you still can get exciting games regardless.
Posted by: dicko995, October 6, 2018, 2:40pm; Reply: 7
I,ll come back when the ads have finished :)
Posted by: promotion plaice, October 6, 2018, 2:58pm; Reply: 8

C'mon Town let's get that first home win.
Posted by: promotion plaice, October 6, 2018, 3:01pm; Reply: 9

Get in......1-0    Town. 😀
Posted by: BenBB, October 6, 2018, 3:03pm; Reply: 10
Goal in the first minute? Must be a record  8)
Posted by: OllieGTFC, October 6, 2018, 3:03pm; Reply: 11
What a start
Posted by: BeijingMariner, October 6, 2018, 3:04pm; Reply: 12
38 seconds!
Posted by: Son of Cod, October 6, 2018, 3:04pm; Reply: 13
Anyone else's iFollow commentary on the Scunny match?!
Posted by: denni266, October 6, 2018, 3:06pm; Reply: 14
Nice start
Posted by: Skrill, October 6, 2018, 3:09pm; Reply: 15
Don't let up!
Posted by: Mallyner, October 6, 2018, 3:11pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Son of Cod
Anyone else's iFollow commentary on the Scunny match?!

Missed the goal and 5 minutes listening to Scunny , same on Tues, watching game on i follow with Burnseys voice booming out for the first few minutes of second half.
A fantastic start though let's have a couple more, this is a better team.
:)
Posted by: TheGoalKipper, October 6, 2018, 3:14pm; Reply: 17
How are they playing?
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, October 6, 2018, 3:30pm; Reply: 18
Miss Saturdays being able to listen to the game. Nearly as much as watching them!
Posted by: denni266, October 6, 2018, 3:43pm; Reply: 19
seems we have been shopping for balls at poundland... 3 changes of the ball now to please the ref  ;D
Posted by: scott_gtfc_89, October 6, 2018, 3:50pm; Reply: 20
Is it me or does it just seem like where happy to just a keep a 1-0’lead and let them attack us, free kick in a promising position to get it into the box and it goes back into our half,

Come on town attack attack attack

Posted by: oochiad, October 6, 2018, 3:54pm; Reply: 21
Winning but not playing well. I fear the worst but hope I’m proved wrong as the 90 miles home is excrement having lost.........I’m sooo desperate for us to win!!
Posted by: denni266, October 6, 2018, 3:56pm; Reply: 22
need to come out fighting second half.. or we will be punished again
Posted by: Maringer, October 6, 2018, 3:56pm; Reply: 23
Picked a bad game to arrive 50 seconds late. Heard the cheers as I was climbing the stairs up to the stand!

Not a bad performance so far though we've not threatened enough. Some good bits of play at times but the final ball/pass is lacking. Not helped by an absolute clownshoe of a referee who is awarding them free-kicks whenever they chuck themselves to the ground. Ignoring clear fouls on us at other times as well, of course.

Their No. 9, Pope, is spending all the time pushing his arm into Whitmore's face/throat but the referee hasn't noticed a thing.

Port Vale look a tidy enough team but haven't created much though we've had some good blocks in defence.

I have a nasty feeling that this referee is going to give them a penalty for something or other which probably only he will see.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, October 6, 2018, 3:58pm; Reply: 24
Better movement up front and in the middle BUT we just need to keep the ball!!!

Anyway 1 - 0 up at half time 🤞
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, October 6, 2018, 4:10pm; Reply: 25
1-0 up at HT again!
Posted by: BenBB, October 6, 2018, 4:11pm; Reply: 26
2-0 Yasss!
Posted by: bartgtfc, October 6, 2018, 4:11pm; Reply: 27
2-0 Hooper
Posted by: Teestogreen, October 6, 2018, 4:12pm; Reply: 28
Hopefully, Hooper will take confidence from this and bang a few more in.
Posted by: CodHead, October 6, 2018, 4:13pm; Reply: 29
Ha
He used to play for them UTM
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, October 6, 2018, 4:14pm; Reply: 30
The elusive second half goal!!

Could this be a turning point!!

#UTM
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, October 6, 2018, 4:17pm; Reply: 31
Bloody hell!!!
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, October 6, 2018, 4:18pm; Reply: 32
Get innnn
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, October 6, 2018, 4:19pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner
The elusive second half goal!!

Could this be a turning point!!

#UTM

Let’s hope so
Posted by: denni266, October 6, 2018, 4:19pm; Reply: 34
at least we have started scoring,, need to get the goal difference down
Posted by: Skrill, October 6, 2018, 4:22pm; Reply: 35
Well done team.
Posted by: promotion plaice, October 6, 2018, 4:22pm; Reply: 36

Can't believe it..... I'm actually enjoying a home game this season.
Posted by: OllieGTFC, October 6, 2018, 4:27pm; Reply: 37
This isn’t Grimsby Town 🤔
Posted by: denni266, October 6, 2018, 4:47pm; Reply: 38
dont know who the ref is but by the sound of it he is an effing irriot
Posted by: OllieGTFC, October 6, 2018, 4:53pm; Reply: 39
I would like to say I am sorry to Michael Jolley for calling for his head somehow he is slowly turning it around back to back wins now let it continue
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, October 6, 2018, 4:54pm; Reply: 40
Wooohooo! Could only keep up with the game through twitter updates, looking forward to peoples reports, how was the atmosphere today?
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, October 6, 2018, 5:06pm; Reply: 41
That's a fantastic win against a big, powerful Vale side, but and in testing conditions! A huge turning poing for Town I feel and I'm delighted for MJ and the players!

Winning back to back is not easy to do. These XI may not be the 'best footballers' at the club but they've shown over the last 2 games that they have the attributes of a good TEAM!

As the saying goes, 'you have to kiss a few frogs before you find your Prince'... I in the same fashion, sometimes you have to lose a few game and experiment to find your best starting XI.... hopefully we have done that now.

For me, this should now be the starting XI for the next few games, barring injury or suspension.

Buzzing for Wes Thomas getting his first for the club, god knows he's worked hard for it over recent weeks and really happy for JJ to be able to stick it to those Vale fans that gave him dogs abuse all game. There is a player in there and if he could start to show some consistency and keep his confidence levels up then JJ could be a very effective player for us, he certainly has the physical attributes to do so.

It's amazing what difference a Town win does for the mood, we can all have a good Saturday evening now instead of depressing over our shortcomings.

#TurningPoint

#UTM
Posted by: Hagrid, October 6, 2018, 5:07pm; Reply: 42
How bad was todays ref!!
Posted by: Marinerz93, October 6, 2018, 5:20pm; Reply: 43
Get in

[img]https://i.imgur.com/okLPx4N.gif[/img]
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, October 6, 2018, 5:56pm; Reply: 44
Port Vale manager Aspin losing it with the Vale fans.  ;D

[tweet]1048604913683632128[/tweet]
Posted by: Maringer, October 6, 2018, 6:59pm; Reply: 45
Quoted from Hagrid
How bad was todays ref!!

My 'favourite' reffing moment today came when their centre-back attempted to wrestle Thomas to a standstill (as he had all game), but lost his grip on Thomas' shirt and fell over leaving us on a 3 on 1 break. Free-kick awarded to their defender for failing to drag Thomas to the ground well enough . Not quite which laws of the game say that should be the decision in that situation!
Posted by: ginnywings, October 6, 2018, 7:04pm; Reply: 46
The ref was comically bad, and i'm glad i'm not saying this as a biased home fan whose side lost the game. I was completely baffled by some of his decisions, not least of which was the one that led to Whitmore being booked for dissent. He was clearly fouled first. The one mentioned with Thomas was also a "what the fook" moment, among many others. Don't know why the Embleton goal was disallowed either; their guy fell over it looked to me.  :-/
Print page generated: May 6, 2024, 2:13am