Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: moosey_club, October 4, 2018, 9:46pm
...according to this clip anyway ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npZCDIbVbwU
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, October 4, 2018, 11:01pm; Reply: 1
Great video . BP actually looked like a proper ground in those days . All seater killed it dead .
Posted by: promotion plaice, October 4, 2018, 11:22pm; Reply: 2

That clip shoes when we had fencing around the pitch, can't remember if it was the Bradford fire or Hillsborough that got it removed ?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 4, 2018, 11:30pm; Reply: 3
It would have been after Hillsborough
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 4, 2018, 11:34pm; Reply: 4
Tremendous team we had then. It was a real pleasure watching them.
Posted by: somersetmariner, October 5, 2018, 2:27am; Reply: 5
It was after the Taylor report. The inquiry into ground safety after Hillsborough.
Hillsborough a tradegdy, but football grounds haven’t been the same since.

Posted by: promotion plaice, October 5, 2018, 9:44pm; Reply: 6

Anyone got any idea how much money GTFC would get for Blundell Park if sold to relocate ?

I would imagine the demolition costs would be immense for a prospective developer.

Posted by: Mariner_09, October 5, 2018, 10:10pm; Reply: 7
IIRC it’s dropped quite sharply recently. Is it about 500k or have I imagined that?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 5, 2018, 10:56pm; Reply: 8
In last year's accounts Tangible Fixed Assets (the physical property of the club, other than stuff like stock the shop sells) totalled £675k. Most of this would have been BP. The notes to the accounts say it was valued at 'net proceeds' - presumably the value after demolition(?)

Not noticed this before but it also quotes a figure of £132,000 for Intangible Fixed Assets. There's no explanation of what this is. I think in a 'normal' business this would cover the value of 'goodwill'. God knows how you put a number on this. Maybe Herts would be able to shed light on it?
Print page generated: May 3, 2024, 11:08am