Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: fleabag1970, October 3, 2018, 7:26am
It looks like MJ has Sussed out the main problem and it also looks like he dealt with it well. Good for him . His respect at the club will of shot up now . Just get Max back from Boston asap .
Posted by: wuffing, October 3, 2018, 7:34am; Reply: 1
Enlightenment is a beautiful thing..........(book)
Posted by: Civvy at last, October 3, 2018, 8:12am; Reply: 2
Quoted from wuffing
Enlightenment is a beautiful thing..........(book)

He’s just shot  JF  ;)
Posted by: buckstown, October 3, 2018, 8:26am; Reply: 3
Just to keep things in perspective let’s not forget Carlisle’s home form was nearly as bad as ours.
When we’re safely in mid table I’ll start believing he’s sorted the problem
Posted by: Maringer, October 3, 2018, 8:33am; Reply: 4
I do hope that people aren't expecting too much from Rose and Wright if they get into the fringes of the team and make some sub appearances. It seems that some think they will automagically turn around the form of the team simply by being a bit quicker than most of the current options. I think we need some pace but these young lads will most likely need to be eased into League football which is literally a couple of steps up from anywhere they've played before.

It would be nice if we could have them on the bench to be able to bring them on for 15 or 20 minutes at the end of a game when we've already got it won!
Posted by: Abdul19, October 3, 2018, 9:44am; Reply: 5
Quoted from buckstown
Just to keep things in perspective let’s not forget Carlisle’s home form was nearly as bad as ours.

They've got 7 times as many home points as us
Posted by: Tommy, October 3, 2018, 10:39am; Reply: 6
Quoted from Maringer
I do hope that people aren't expecting too much from Rose and Wright if they get into the fringes of the team and make some sub appearances. It seems that some think they will automagically turn around the form of the team simply by being a bit quicker than most of the current options. I think we need some pace but these young lads will most likely need to be eased into League football which is literally a couple of steps up from anywhere they've played before.

It would be nice if we could have them on the bench to be able to bring them on for 15 or 20 minutes at the end of a game when we've already got it won!

Spot on.

Loving the word you've invented in that post too - automagically.

It actually fits perfectly into what you were saying.
Posted by: ginnywings, October 3, 2018, 11:04am; Reply: 7
Totally agree with Maringer. Pace alone is not enough and i think they ought to be left alone to develop in their own time. It's easy when you are struggling to imagine the answer lies in something you have not done, or players you have not yet tried. A player becomes better the longer he is out of the side. I'm sure they will get their chance eventually, and i hope they are recalled, which would mean the management think they are getting close, but if we decide to leave them there for a while, so be it. Boston are a well run club and they will be learning their trade. They are still involved with training at Cheapside, so we will be able to see their progress first hand.
Posted by: Garth, October 3, 2018, 11:12am; Reply: 8
Dembele was raw, never played league football, that never stopped his progress, both our loan players are up to match fitness and can slot into our team from the bench when required, we are not Chelsea we don't have that luxury
Posted by: ginnywings, October 3, 2018, 11:40am; Reply: 9
Quoted from Garth
Dembele was raw, never played league football, that never stopped his progress, both our loan players are up to match fitness and can slot into our team from the bench when required, we are not Chelsea we don't have that luxury

But we do.

Chelsea, like all Prem teams are only allowed a 25 man squad, with 17 "non homegrown" players, so in some respects, we are in a better position than they are.
Posted by: Abdul19, October 3, 2018, 12:05pm; Reply: 10
If the loan is extended, we'd be able to recall them at 24 hours notice, so I wouldn't be surprised if it is.
Posted by: Townee82, October 3, 2018, 12:24pm; Reply: 11
Wasn't it the late Sir Matt Busby who said "if you're good enough , you're old enough " .Give Rose and Wright a cameo and see how it goes .
Posted by: golfer, October 3, 2018, 2:10pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Civvy at last

He’s just shot  JR ;)

Who Bobby ?
Posted by: Townee82, October 3, 2018, 8:16pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from golfer

Who Bobby ?

No think it was Sue Ellen ,Bobby was in the shower .
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 3, 2018, 9:17pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Townee82

No think it was Sue Ellen ,Bobby was in the shower .

She shot RJ Spewing? Can't remember the name of the programme but I know it was an Awful Spelling Production.
Posted by: promotion plaice, October 3, 2018, 9:24pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Civvy at last

He’s just shot  JF  ;)

Not actually true..... Jolley passed the gun to one of our strikers...not sure which one but he missed by a country mile......Mr Fenty is still alive and kicking......Hurrah.......bring on the red crosses.

Posted by: Meza, October 3, 2018, 9:53pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from KingstonMariner

She shot RJ Spewing? Can't remember the name of the programme but I know it was an Awful Spelling Production.

Dallas mate.... Mum use to watch it religiously along with  Dynasty lol
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 3, 2018, 11:06pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Meza

Dallas mate.... Mum use to watch it religiously along with  Dynasty lol

Dallasty! I was referring to the Kenny Everett version.  :)
Posted by: Meza, October 4, 2018, 7:25am; Reply: 18
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Dallasty! I was referring to the Kenny Everett version.  :)

Oooo in the best possible taste 😂😂

Loved Kenny with his big hands lol
Posted by: Civvy at last, October 4, 2018, 7:34am; Reply: 19
[quote=1291

Loved Kenny with his big hands lol[/quote]

I’ll bet you did  !!!!! 😮  😉😉
Posted by: Cod Cheeks, October 4, 2018, 12:25pm; Reply: 20
Problem? What problem??
Print page generated: May 5, 2024, 6:48am