Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: d3d4, October 2, 2018, 8:24am
Hi all,

Our travelling Morecambe correspondent has been at it again and this time it is Grimsby that gets the travel review.

Have a read of his piece here:

[url]http://d3d4football.com/fish-floodlights-oodles-of-character-a-trip-to-grimsby-by-roger-fitton/[/url]

Hope you enjoy,

James
Posted by: 1mickylyons, October 2, 2018, 8:53am; Reply: 1
Thanks.A good read
Posted by: promotion plaice, October 2, 2018, 9:20am; Reply: 2

We need a new stadium but interesting what he says about the old girl (Blundell Park)............

" And a word of warning. Be careful what you wish for. Blundell Park is probably in even worse shape than the Shrimps’ Christie Park was before the move to the new ground eight years ago. But Christie Park had charisma; there was a great atmosphere there. The new place – the Globe Arena – is sterile and has no soul. So bear in mind James Richards’ prophetic words on this site about a move to a new ground. As he has experienced at a stadium with only three sides (WHY????) at Oxford, a new ground does not guarantee a better match-day experience. For all its faults, Blundell Park has oodles of character. It would be missed. Better to stay put and redevelop in my view. Just like the Victoria Flour Mill. I wish we had ".
Posted by: cardiffmariner, October 2, 2018, 9:31am; Reply: 3
A good read with a real sense of warmth for lower league football and all its fans. Nice to be reminded of the history and some interesting points made too.
Posted by: Gaffer58, October 2, 2018, 2:26pm; Reply: 4
Just imagine a piece written by say a Man U or Liverpool fan about an away day at say Newcastle, I bet it does not give the same love of football as this article. In the end there is something heartwarming about supporting a lower league team.
Posted by: Teestogreen, October 2, 2018, 5:20pm; Reply: 5
Really excellent piece - well done the author.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, October 2, 2018, 8:37pm; Reply: 6
Nice little article. Couple of errors (Old Clee for New Clee) but good nonetheless.
Print page generated: May 2, 2024, 3:39am