Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Davec, September 29, 2018, 2:42pm
Mckeown, Hendrie, Collins, Whitmore, Davis, Woolford, Welsh, Hessenthaler, Embleton, Cook, Thomas
Posted by: chaos33, September 29, 2018, 2:44pm; Reply: 1
Woolford can't get dropped and Vernam can't get picked!
Posted by: Abdul19, September 29, 2018, 2:51pm; Reply: 2
Good that it's looking a bit more attacking than last week but is that Woolford in a midfield 4?! Good job he's "athletic".
Posted by: moosey_club, September 29, 2018, 2:53pm; Reply: 3
Be interesting to see how they set that side up....will it be Cook and Thomas up front as a definite 2 ?

Surprised Cook is back...thought he may be a couple of weeks yet.....hopefully not rushed back.

Posted by: Madeleymariner, September 29, 2018, 2:54pm; Reply: 4
Right footed cb at left back again-stupid, Davies added absolutely nothing to the team in an attacking sense last week and actually stopped some attacks as never ran down the line when he got the ball, Famewo is a better player generally, and makes a far better makeshift left back. :(
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 29, 2018, 2:56pm; Reply: 5

Sat in top row of the upper, just score a goal please and we'll go from there.
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, September 29, 2018, 3:04pm; Reply: 6
real good save from macca they should of scored.
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 29, 2018, 3:05pm; Reply: 7

We should be losing already, McKeown great save FFS
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 29, 2018, 3:09pm; Reply: 8
At last a goal for us
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, September 29, 2018, 3:09pm; Reply: 9
A MIRICLE! 1-0 Town!!!!!!
Posted by: Tommy, September 29, 2018, 3:12pm; Reply: 10
Anyone there able to tell us how we've lined up?

433, 442, or a narrow diamond midfield?
Posted by: hheh2, September 29, 2018, 3:12pm; Reply: 11
we scored?  ;D
Posted by: Abdul19, September 29, 2018, 3:15pm; Reply: 12
https://twitter.com/reedy3k/status/1046039329586524167?s=19

That's why I wanted him in the team ;)
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 29, 2018, 3:16pm; Reply: 13

Poor defending by us and McKeown has to bail is out again.
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, September 29, 2018, 3:19pm; Reply: 14
we look so slow at the back and a mistake waiting to happen.
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, September 29, 2018, 3:22pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Tommy
Anyone there able to tell us how we've lined up?

433, 442, or a narrow diamond midfield?

Both we seem to be switching between the two in a confusing fluid like motion
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 29, 2018, 3:24pm; Reply: 16

We are shocking at the back unfortunately, against this lot we might just get away with it but it doesn't bode well against the better teams.
Posted by: TAGG, September 29, 2018, 3:27pm; Reply: 17
Living on borrowed time here 😂😂
Posted by: LondonMariner43, September 29, 2018, 3:31pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Madeleymariner
Right footed cb at left back again-stupid, Davies added absolutely nothing to the team in an attacking sense last week and actually stopped some attacks as never ran down the line when he got the ball, Famewo is a better player generally, and makes a far better makeshift left back. :(

Famewo is injured along with Dixon, Fox and H-J coming back from injury.  If you are going to criticise, at least be aware of the facts.  
Posted by: LondonMariner43, September 29, 2018, 3:32pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from promotion plaice

We are shocking at the back unfortunately, against this lot we might just get away with it but it doesn't bode well against the better teams.

Maybe something to do with having 4 defenders out with injuries.

Posted by: RoboCod, September 29, 2018, 3:36pm; Reply: 20
That's a great goal, and how refreshing to see a Town player taking advantage of an opposition doing exactly what we're always doing...backing off and leaving gaps. Defence still nervy but we are making good chances.
Posted by: Hagrid, September 29, 2018, 3:51pm; Reply: 21
Play excrement and winning is better than play excrement and losing
Posted by: HertsGTFC, September 29, 2018, 3:54pm; Reply: 22
Apart from a piece of quality from Embleton for the goal Town have been poor, if it wasn’t for 2 good saves from Macca and their poor finishing we would be well behind.

We can win the ball but can’t keep it and overall we can’t pass bloody water!! You can tell how unfit they are when someone makes a break they have to go alone.

BUT (as Pete would say)

We’re winning and that’s all that matters ATM!!

Posted by: Maringer, September 29, 2018, 3:54pm; Reply: 23
Hoping that playing against the breeze will help us in the second half and somehow make it less likely for their No. 9 to win every single header!

The odd decent bit of play from us here and there, but we've lost possession due to underhit passes about a dozen times already. Got to improve if we're going to win this one. Morecambe looking quicker and livelier than us, just like every team we play.
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, September 29, 2018, 3:57pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from LondonMariner43

Famewo is injured along with Dixon, Fox and H-J coming back from injury.  If you are going to criticise, at least be aware of the facts.  

He could at least play Hendrie there instead who has played left back at times for Shrewsbury rather then Davis who is completely out of position
Posted by: Davec, September 29, 2018, 4:00pm; Reply: 25
another poor first half but we are winning, however as others have said, we really need to improve, Morecambe do not look good but they look sharper, quicker and a bit better than us, a piece of quality from Embleton should not mask over another poor first half but it should raise confidence a bit.
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, September 29, 2018, 4:19pm; Reply: 26
1-1 Collins backed of again, his past it now.
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, September 29, 2018, 4:19pm; Reply: 27
Collins running away agin and its 1-1
Posted by: Abdul19, September 29, 2018, 4:20pm; Reply: 28
flipping useless

https://twitter.com/reedy3k/status/1046056977409994752?s=19
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, September 29, 2018, 4:21pm; Reply: 29
If we can all can see his legs have gone  wtf is Jolley seeing
Posted by: sapper mariner, September 29, 2018, 4:22pm; Reply: 30
well
Posted by: immariner, September 29, 2018, 4:23pm; Reply: 31
Ouch. Hendrie and Collins, take a bow.
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, September 29, 2018, 4:23pm; Reply: 32
1-2 more shocking defending
Posted by: OllieGTFC, September 29, 2018, 4:23pm; Reply: 33
And they say don’t panic !!! He got to go sorry Jolley !!
Posted by: sapper mariner, September 29, 2018, 4:23pm; Reply: 34
county score  aswell thats us in the relegation zone
Posted by: MarinerBen, September 29, 2018, 4:24pm; Reply: 35
We're in deep trouble...
Posted by: kamakazebear, September 29, 2018, 4:26pm; Reply: 36
Really didn't want to say it but I think he has to go.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, September 29, 2018, 4:26pm; Reply: 37
We’re in the bottom 2 as of now 4-25 pm
Posted by: Abdul19, September 29, 2018, 4:27pm; Reply: 38
flipping hell

https://twitter.com/reedy3k/status/1046057973846626304?s=19
Posted by: sydney, September 29, 2018, 4:29pm; Reply: 39
It’s not that we are losing it’s just that we don’t look like a town team capable of winning, anything
MJ through the revolving door a must please and will take third from bottom now at end of season with someone else too steady the ship. The law  of averages says the board must get an managerial appointment right soon
V Sad
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, September 29, 2018, 4:31pm; Reply: 40
Shame but it's looking like he has to go now
Posted by: denni266, September 29, 2018, 4:33pm; Reply: 41
He is not getting anything right.. regardless of how we end up today he is out of his depth,, and i said that weeks ago
Posted by: Hagrid, September 29, 2018, 4:34pm; Reply: 42
Taking the urine out of us
Posted by: Ipswin, September 29, 2018, 4:34pm; Reply: 43
Why is it a shame? It was a brave experiment but it hasn't worked, just too inexperienced, sounded great but poor in practice
Posted by: OllieGTFC, September 29, 2018, 4:34pm; Reply: 44
Akheem Rose just scores for Boston just saying
Posted by: Kris2, September 29, 2018, 4:36pm; Reply: 45
Can't wait for the statement from the board backing him until after January where it's pointless. This club has hit the point of no return with rot. Took years to dig out the last hole and this one we are going into is probably going to be even deeper.
Posted by: Kris2, September 29, 2018, 4:37pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from OllieGTFC
Akheem Rose just scores for Boston just saying

He'll be good for us when we are playing in that league too then. Though by that time he'll be out of contract and probably signed for a better team on the up.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, September 29, 2018, 4:40pm; Reply: 47
We are going down here with no fight at all, the players should be embarrassed by their lack of heart & back bone
Posted by: denni266, September 29, 2018, 4:40pm; Reply: 48
Fenty has to weild the axe tonight, and get his hand in his pock quick or we will bbe going through the trap door again... And we wont need a new ground for the dog n duck to play in.. pitty is that we will probaly be the dog n duck  :-/
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, September 29, 2018, 4:41pm; Reply: 49
Quoted from Ipswin
Why is it a shame? It was a brave experiment but it hasn't worked, just too inexperienced, sounded great but poor in practice

I agree it was brave, it's a shame for me as I feel it was quite ambitious to do something a bit different and I desperately wanted it to work. I guess we'll be back on the roundabout for a several times failure now.
Posted by: Davec, September 29, 2018, 4:42pm; Reply: 50
This is now a relegation battle, he did well to keep us up last season but is Jolley looking any better than Slade? I don't think Slade ever lost 6 consecutive games with us did he whilst scoring 1 goal?

The subs made when 2-1 down are pathetic, 2 midfielders on for 2 midfielders, why no Vernam? oh I know why he has gambled on us to grab something by a long throw by Rose, Jolley has to go
Posted by: Kris2, September 29, 2018, 4:46pm; Reply: 51
Quoted from Davec
This is now a relegation battle, he did well to keep us up last season but is Jolley looking any better than Slade? I don't think Slade ever lost 6 consecutive games with us did he whilst scoring 1 goal?

We just about scraped staying up last season not sure how much longer we can scrape staying as a league team. We scraped staying up and people were running on the pitch acting like we just won the league lol. Shows how used to disappointment we are when fans think barely surviving relegation is worthy of a big celebration.
Posted by: RoboCod, September 29, 2018, 4:54pm; Reply: 52
I can't defend the management and I can't argue against those who say the season so far is manager sacking stuff. I do believe MJ can be a great coach but I do think he's come into the club at the wrong time, the wreckage form Slade that he picked up should have been slowly made into the team he wanted, too much hope hanging on youth, too much 'experience' hindered by ageing legs.

We need two major signings, a Bogle/Hearn type physical presence with an eye for goal and a Nathan Pond type at the back, calm, measured, commanding and SUPER FIT.
Obviously there will be no signings until the basement bin opens in January, imo the only hope is for a major investment and a splash of cash on the board.
Everything about Town currently looks cobbled together, a non-budget attempt to not only run a football club but to keep the pulse going and keep it alive but it's going to die eventually. I see no hope at all this time around.
Posted by: denni266, September 29, 2018, 4:54pm; Reply: 53
Thats it folks
Posted by: chaos33, September 29, 2018, 4:57pm; Reply: 54
Quoted from RoboCod
I can't defend the management and I can't argue against those who say the season so far is manager sacking stuff. I do believe MJ can be a great coach but I do think he's come into the club at the wrong time, the wreckage form Slade that he picked up should have been slowly made into the team he wanted, too much hope hanging on youth, too much 'experience' hindered by ageing legs.

We need two major signings, a Bogle/Hearn type physical presence with an eye for goal and a Nathan Pond type at the back, calm, measured, commanding and SUPER FIT.
Obviously there will be no signings until the basement bin opens in January, imo the only hope is for a major investment and a splash of cash on the board.
Everything about Town currently looks cobbled together, a non-budget attempt to not only run a football club but to keep the pulse going and keep it alive but it's going to die eventually. I see no hope at all this time around.

I agree, especially with that last bit. You reap what you sow.
Posted by: OllieGTFC, September 29, 2018, 5:02pm; Reply: 55
Oh max wright scored aswell 😂
Posted by: HertsGTFC, September 29, 2018, 5:03pm; Reply: 56
Pathetic!!
Posted by: Bigdog, September 29, 2018, 5:03pm; Reply: 57
Quoted from RoboCod

Was thinking just this while watching the match. Cars parked inside the ground, big green waste bins filled to the gills on open view, decaying rubbish piled between the stands, SLO that doesn't do fans or away games, safety officer who can't control 50 Port Vale, knackered empty seats all in different colours of red, ugly cheap sheeting to segregate away fans. Welcome to a Fenty run club. What chance have we ever got to get things right on the pitch? Poundland owner creating a football club in his own image..
Posted by: immariner, September 29, 2018, 5:07pm; Reply: 58
Can't we sack the players instead?
Posted by: HertsGTFC, September 29, 2018, 5:07pm; Reply: 59
Quoted from Bigdog

Was thinking just this while watching the match. Cars parked inside the ground, big green waste bins filled to the gills on open view, decaying rubbish piled between the stands, SLO that doesn't do away games, safety officer who can't control 50 Port Vale, knackered empty seats all in different colours of red, ugly cheap sheeting to segregate away fans. Welcome to a Fenty run club. What chance have we ever got to get things right on the pitch? Poundland owner creating a football club in his own image..

This!
Posted by: Exiled Meggies, September 29, 2018, 5:09pm; Reply: 60
??)
Posted by: chaos33, September 29, 2018, 5:14pm; Reply: 61
Quoted from Bigdog

Was thinking just this while watching the match. Cars parked inside the ground, big green waste bins filled to the gills on open view, decaying rubbish piled between the stands, SLO that doesn't do away games, safety officer who can't control 50 Port Vale, knackered empty seats all in different colours of red, ugly cheap sheeting to segregate away fans. Welcome to a Fenty run club. What chance have we ever got to get things right on the pitch? Poundland owner creating a football club in his own image..

Yep. Look at that squad. No real investment. One or two decent players but plenty just not up to it. Can't compete with any team in this league, can't win a home game, players not fit, no urgency or skill or athleticism on show. In every single aspect a 'do it on the cheap', mish mash. On this evidence we are going back out of the league. With a pathetic whimper. Once again, SHAME on you GTFC. You're a disgrace.
Posted by: bawarmy, September 29, 2018, 5:14pm; Reply: 62
Quoted from HertsGTFC
We are going down here with no fight at all, the players should be embarrassed by their lack of heart & back bone

These players are pathetic. Week in week out 4 out of 10 performances. What the hell do they do in training ?
Posted by: GYinScuntland, September 29, 2018, 5:18pm; Reply: 63
Scars all over the back of my head because I was a proud GTFC supporter at school in Scunthorpe in the very early 70's.
Was it worth it? There's obviously less fight in the players.
Posted by: arryarryarry, September 30, 2018, 5:35am; Reply: 64
Quoted from Abdul19

Looking back at that goal, what the intercourse was Hendrie doing and looking at our players reactions it looks like they don't give a intercourse anyway.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, September 30, 2018, 7:14am; Reply: 65
Quoted from arryarryarry

Looking back at that goal, what the intercourse was Hendrie doing and looking at our players reactions it looks like they don't give a intercourse anyway.

More importantly why the feck did Macca allow that cross to bounce right in front of him inside the six-yard box?

That is his box he should have commanded that situation and come for the ball instead of being glued to the goal line.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, September 30, 2018, 7:28am; Reply: 66
Quoted from Abdul19

Bloody hell it looks even worse seeing it again.

That player almost runs from the halfway line and cuts into our box unchallenged all that way then with THREE TOWN DEFENDERS around him still places it through them and past a flapping Macca.

(anger3)(anger3)(anger3)

FFS.
Posted by: Abdul19, September 30, 2018, 9:09am; Reply: 67
Quoted from Mrs Doyle

More importantly why the feck did Macca allow that cross to bounce right in front of him inside the six-yard box?

That is his box he should have commanded that situation and come for the ball instead of being glued to the goal line.

Great shot stopper as he is, this is an area of his game that's not improved in 7 years. It must've been worked on (by numerous coaches) so why?
Posted by: jamesgtfc, September 30, 2018, 9:16am; Reply: 68
Can't attribute any blame on McKeown for the goal. He couldn't commit until he knew if their number 9 was going to get to the ball. More to the point, the player should have been taken out long before he got near the box.

We could have been 3-0 down before we scored in the 8th minute and have McKeown to thank for it not being a cricket score.

Play like we did today against Carlisle and it will be a very heavy defeat.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, September 30, 2018, 9:27am; Reply: 69
Quoted from jamesgtfc
Can't attribute any blame on McKeown for the goal. He couldn't commit until he knew if their number 9 was going to get to the ball. More to the point, the player should have been taken out long before he got near the box.

We could have been 3-0 down before we scored in the 8th minute and have McKeown to thank for it not being a cricket score.

Play like we did today against Carlisle and it will be a very heavy defeat.

Alright James?
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, September 30, 2018, 11:20am; Reply: 70
Quoted from Bigdog

Was thinking just this while watching the match. Cars parked inside the ground, big green waste bins filled to the gills on open view, decaying rubbish piled between the stands, SLO that doesn't do fans or away games, safety officer who can't control 50 Port Vale, knackered empty seats all in different colours of red, ugly cheap sheeting to segregate away fans. Welcome to a Fenty run club. What chance have we ever got to get things right on the pitch? Poundland owner creating a football club in his own image..

Like you, well like most of us I guess,I have noticed an apathy creeping in at how the club is run in all the off field areas.

Too many people have been there far too long, and have just become blind to it, which is a normal human trait. However, if that is transferred to a so called professional outfit, it sets the tone for other things.

Slapdash is the word I would use to describe GTFC; the owner has run out of ideas, and seeing as he is the only man who matters then the club is in a mess.

We urgently need a fresh start. If I was Fenty and didn't want to walk away I would hire a top class Operating officer to revamp the whole lot and breathe fresh life into it, with bonuses for attracting investment and getting Fenty his money back. It is not in his DNA sadly so we will remain pretty much as we are, but with a new first team manager I suppose.
Posted by: Yoda, September 30, 2018, 7:04pm; Reply: 71
GTFC is now in a death spiral to non league football.
We are now known as a conference or struggling league 2 team so nobody wants to come here.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, September 30, 2018, 7:15pm; Reply: 72
Quoted from Yoda
GTFC is now in a death spiral to non league football.
We are now known as a conference or struggling league 2 team so nobody wants to come here.

It kills me to say it, but you are right. Just as we dismiss Macclesfield or Morecombe (!) other footballing people now dismiss us in the same vein.

It is criminal really, but we are now just bottom of league 2 /Conference fodder. Our glory days are so far behind us, nobody outside of Grimsby is bothered.
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 4:11pm