Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Gaffer58, September 23, 2018, 6:39pm
I think after yesterday, in fact the last few games, the announced team selection appears negative with very little threat of scoring, and that's with no disrespect to those players chosen. What we need to do is to pick a formation that has 2 men up front who can play off each other, playing the one just does not give him a chance. So I do not really care if that formation is 4,4,2 or 5,3,2 or even 3,1,4,2.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, September 23, 2018, 6:48pm; Reply: 1
Personally would like to see us go 352

Davis Whitmore Famewo

RHJ Clifton Rose Hess Fox

Vernam Thomas
Posted by: friskneymariner, September 23, 2018, 6:51pm; Reply: 2
Is it just me or do Hendrie Davis and Whitemore just morph into one.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, September 23, 2018, 6:56pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Gaffer58
I think after yesterday, in fact the last few games, the announced team selection appears negative with very little threat of scoring, and that's with no disrespect to those players chosen. What we need to do is to pick a formation that has 2 men up front who can play off each other, playing the one just does not give him a chance. So I do not really care if that formation is 4,4,2 or 5,3,2 or even 3,1,4,2.

In fairness to Jolley he did try the 2 up top against Oldham but unfortunately Cook got injured...what I never got was why Vernham didn't do the same job when he came on, whether he was told to play a bit deeper or just didn't listen if jolley told him to get up alongside Thomas in the same way Cook did....
Print page generated: May 6, 2024, 3:34am