Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: d3d4, September 15, 2018, 11:30pm
Hi guys,

Our Oldham correspondent was at Blundell Park today and has written his take on things here:

[url]https://d3d4football.com/d3d4-match-reports-september-15th-2018/[/url]

Thanks

James
Posted by: arryarryarry, September 16, 2018, 10:52am; Reply: 1

"The Mariners looked too one dimensional and failed to adapt when Oldham changed tactics often looking less like a team and more like a group of individuals unsure of how to work together"

Sums up quite a few of our performances. :-/
Posted by: carrot top, September 16, 2018, 1:00pm; Reply: 2
I thought their fans were the loudest Ive heard at BP for a while
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, September 16, 2018, 1:31pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from d3d4
Hi guys,

Our Oldham correspondent was at Blundell Park today and has written his take on things here:

[url]https://d3d4football.com/d3d4-match-reports-september-15th-2018/[/url]

Thanks

James

I think the Oldham hack is a bit deluded myself.

Oldham were absolute garbage first half, and in the second they were not much better - till they scored.

Goals change games as they say, and our complete inability to find the net means our promising start to most games quickly fades when the opposition realise despite decent approach play we cannot hurt them.

The Oldham fans came to life once they had scored and it is ever thus; goals are the key and without them we are going to really struggle. A nil return of goals puts an enormous strain on the defence and when we concede it is basically game over.
Posted by: RoboCod, September 16, 2018, 1:38pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from carrot top
I thought their fans were the loudest Ive heard at BP for a while

Not on the radio, until they scored anyway.
Posted by: psgmariner, September 16, 2018, 1:38pm; Reply: 5
Their fans were very loud. Enjoyed their joy division cover.
Posted by: LH, September 16, 2018, 1:44pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from psgmariner
Their fans were very loud. Enjoyed their joy division cover.

Pedants might ask how you can take over a town when you don’t even sell your full allocation.
Posted by: sam gy, September 16, 2018, 1:58pm; Reply: 7
One look at their hashtag on twitter at halftime says to me that their fans we’re very upset at their performance. Luckily for them we’re terrible over 90 mins
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, September 16, 2018, 3:12pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from sam gy
One look at their hashtag on twitter at halftime says to me that their fans we’re very upset at their performance. Luckily for them we’re terrible over 90 mins

It is amazing how results reflect fans perceptions of games. At half time I thought they were comfortably the worst teams seen at BP so far this season.

They however had a goalscorer who changed the game and by full time they are celebrating like they had won the Premier League.

This is why fans should't get hung up over the style of play; the name of the game is winning football matches. Do that, and most other things fall into place.
Posted by: Gaffer58, September 16, 2018, 5:00pm; Reply: 9
Talking f their fans, on their forum it says that although they could pay on us he day some were refused, they contacted the 2 clubs SLO's, but I didn't know we could afford to turn fans away.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, September 16, 2018, 5:17pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Gaffer58
Talking f their fans, on their forum it says that although they could pay on us he day some were refused, they contacted the 2 clubs SLO's, but I didn't know we could afford to turn fans away.

And did they use flasks to get their flares into the Fenty Flag, Flare & Flask vacuum?
Posted by: moosey_club, September 16, 2018, 7:07pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Gaffer58

affording to and having to are completely different things.....maybe they were of a questionable nature, blotto , banned , abusive and the club did the correct thing under crowd safety guidelines.
Posted by: barralad, September 16, 2018, 11:00pm; Reply: 12
I was told today by a senior steward that those turned away had been identified as a risk element..
Posted by: oldun, September 17, 2018, 11:17am; Reply: 13
Body searches were taking place before their fans entered the ground so how come several flares were not detected? Just asking.
Posted by: barralad, September 17, 2018, 11:24am; Reply: 14
Quoted from oldun
Body searches were taking place before their fans entered the ground so how come several flares were not detected? Just asking.

The same steward told me that they were smuggled in using kids under the age of 15 who cannot be legally searched....
Posted by: 140381 (Guest), September 17, 2018, 11:47am; Reply: 15
Quoted from barralad
I was told today by a senior steward that those turned away had been identified as a risk element..

Not surprised. Given the police presence, they were clearly expecting someone to turn up.  
Print page generated: May 4, 2024, 1:33am