Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Les Brechin, September 11, 2018, 2:48pm
Facing administration apparantly.

I wonder how that will affect the transfer of Christian Doidge from FGR if they now can't afford to pay for him!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45479624
Posted by: psgmariner, September 11, 2018, 3:37pm; Reply: 1
Think they have agreed to pay up (or have a agreed a settlement).

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/16833684.latest-updates-as-bolton-wanderers-seek-to-avoid-administration/?ref=mr&lp=1
Posted by: moosey_club, September 11, 2018, 3:38pm; Reply: 2
been ongoing for a while this now hasnt it ?
Seem to think last year there was a similar winding up order due to be heard.

The glory of the Premier League strikes again.
Posted by: golfer, September 11, 2018, 4:45pm; Reply: 3
But we are still alive  [just] thanks to one person  { here it comes  ]
Posted by: Gaffer58, September 11, 2018, 5:08pm; Reply: 4
I believe at one stage they were something like £170 million in dept, I think it was a case of couldn't adfford to drop from the premiere league but couldn't afford to stay there.
Posted by: Les Brechin, September 11, 2018, 5:16pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Gaffer58
I believe at one stage they were something like £170 million in dept, I think it was a case of couldn't adfford to drop from the premiere league but couldn't afford to stay there.

So how the hell were they allowed to sign Christian Doidge on loan with a promise to sign him in January when the transfer window opens?
Posted by: arryarryarry, September 11, 2018, 6:13pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from golfer
But we are still alive  [just] thanks to one person  { here it comes  ]

We spent 6 years in the Conference and lost around £3,000,000 thanks to one person.
Posted by: rancido, September 11, 2018, 7:07pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from arryarryarry

We spent 6 years in the Conference and lost around £3,000,000 thanks to one person.

Yes, Neil Woods has a lot to answer for !
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, September 11, 2018, 7:43pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from rancido

Don't you mean the head of itv digital
Posted by: Les Brechin, September 11, 2018, 8:04pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Or Hitler!  ;)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 11, 2018, 8:49pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Les Brechin

Or Hitler!  ;)

And Jimmy Hill

(I still blame the Football League for the ITV Fiasco.)
Posted by: arryarryarry, September 12, 2018, 8:02am; Reply: 11
Quoted from rancido

And the person who failed to sack him
Posted by: Townee82, September 12, 2018, 8:18am; Reply: 12
Quoted from Les Brechin

Or Hitler!  ;)

If it wasn't for dear old Adolf i wouldn't be here , during WW2 my dad's house was bombed , he was moved next to my mum that's how they met .
Posted by: mariners1, September 12, 2018, 8:59pm; Reply: 13
Well MY dad hid in the cupboard under the stairs during the war. My mam didn't tell him it was over til 1953....
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 12, 2018, 10:24pm; Reply: 14

Now confirmed.............. Bolton have avoided administration after agreeing a deal to pay off their main creditor today.
Posted by: Civvy at last, September 12, 2018, 10:37pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from mariners1
Well MY dad hid in the cupboard under the stairs during the war. My mam didn't tell him it was over til 1953....

And you were born in 1952.  Isn’t that right Zeke ? 😉
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 13, 2018, 1:32pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from mariners1

I think you might have got the wrong end of the stick when she said to him 'you've been in the closet all these years since that experience in the Blitz. It's about time you came out'.  ;)
Posted by: GYinScuntland, September 14, 2018, 9:26am; Reply: 17
Quoted from Townee82

If it wasn't for dear old Adolf i wouldn't be here , during WW2 my dad's house was bombed , he was moved next to my mum that's how they met .

Exactly how my mum and dad met.
Luftwaffe bombed South London and mum's family were moved north.
He could be a bit of a sodomist but I'm only here because of him too.
Posted by: MarinerGaz, September 14, 2018, 10:14am; Reply: 18
I never knew my granddad (neither did my dad), as he kicked a butterfly bomb at the end of his street. Cheers Adolf!
Posted by: Garth, September 14, 2018, 3:46pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from mariners1

That made me smile, we my sister, mother and I actually did hide under the stairs during the war, its also where we stored the coal and we always came out as black as Newgate`s knocker.
At that time we were on the bombing run to Liverpool Docks and if they could not find it they released their bombs on the way back anywhere, rather than go back with them.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 14, 2018, 10:18pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from GYinScuntland

Exactly how my mum and dad met.
Luftwaffe bombed South London and mum's family were moved north.
He could be a bit of a sodomist but I'm only here because of him too.

Are you two brothers by any chance?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 14, 2018, 10:21pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from Garth

That made me smile, we my sister, mother and I actually did hide under the stairs during the war, its also where we stored the coal and we always came out as black as Newgate`s knocker.
At that time we were on the bombing run to Liverpool Docks and if they could not find it they released their bombs on the way back anywhere, rather than go back with them.

I've never heard that before. London expression?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 14, 2018, 10:27pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from MarinerGaz
I never knew my granddad (neither did my dad), as he kicked a butterfly bomb at the end of his street. Cheers Adolf!

GY was one of the few places where they used the butterfly bomb. The media were gagged as to its effectiveness and completely underplayed the casualties caused. As a result the Germans didn't use it much after the Grimsby raid.

Growing up in the 60s and 70s 'butterfly bombs' were still bogie words. I assumed it was the same everywhere but in my experience not many people elsewhere had heard of them.
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 14, 2018, 10:35pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from mariners1

I'm only here because my dad (a shuttering joiner) came over from Hull and stayed in digs in Cleethorpes and met my mother whilst working on the Mablethorpe flood disaster.

Posted by: TownSNAFU5, September 14, 2018, 11:49pm; Reply: 24
promotion plaice, we might be related if your mum came from Mablethorpe.  I was brought up there and had a lot of family living in Mablethorpe then. 😏
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, September 14, 2018, 11:56pm; Reply: 25
What’s a butterfly bomb ?
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 14, 2018, 11:59pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
promotion plaice, we might be related if your mum came from Mablethorpe.  I was brought up there and had a lot of family living in Mablethorpe then. 😏

My mother comes from Sheffield and has only lived in Cleethorpes since then   :)

Posted by: Sussexmariner, September 15, 2018, 12:08am; Reply: 27
Quoted from louth_in_the_south
What’s a butterfly bomb ?

World war 2 bomb dropped by the Lufthansa, Anti-personal device that when dropped, butterfly wings opened for the bomb to “float” down.

1000’s were dropped on Grimsby on one particular night causing 100’s of deaths.

WWII my speciality
Posted by: Sussexmariner, September 15, 2018, 12:26am; Reply: 28
Quoted from Garth

Grimsby and Hull were specifically targeted by the Lufthansa from airfields in Norway to destroy the Docks and surrounding  infrastructure as ships leaving these ports played a large part in mine sweeping the North Sea
Posted by: GYinScuntland, September 15, 2018, 7:27am; Reply: 29
Quoted from Sussexmariner

World war 2 bomb dropped by the Lufthansa, Anti-personal device that when dropped, butterfly wings opened for the bomb to “float” down.

WWII my speciality

I think you're getting confused with the Luftwaffe, they dropped the odd bomb or two.
Lufthansa like dropping every fcukers suitcases.
Posted by: GYinScuntland, September 15, 2018, 7:28am; Reply: 30
Quoted from Sussexmariner

WWII my speciality

I think you're getting confused with the Luftwaffe, they dropped the odd bomb or two.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, September 15, 2018, 8:20am; Reply: 31
[quote=1322]

Lufthansa like dropping every fcukers suitcases. [/quoute.

lol very good

(icon_cheesygrin)(icon_cheesygrin)(icon_cheesygrin)(icon_biggrin)
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, September 15, 2018, 8:25am; Reply: 32
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

No the numpty that was in charge here at the time and spent monies up front he never had and it wasn't Fenty.

Posted by: Sussexmariner, September 15, 2018, 8:48am; Reply: 33
Quoted from GYinScuntland

I work at Gatwick, I stand by my statement......

My bad
Posted by: Maringer, September 15, 2018, 12:01pm; Reply: 34
Surely the luftwaffe would be dropping every Fockers suitcases?  8)

I'll get me coat
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 15, 2018, 3:23pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from Maringer
Surely the luftwaffe would be dropping every Fockers suitcases?  8)

I'll get me coat

Never thought you'd Stuka that level.

Grab my coat while you're at it.
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 2:58pm