Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: d3d4, September 9, 2018, 9:39pm
Hi all,

We were asked on our podcast whether Jolley can turn it around at Grimsby and I have seen some suggesting he should be sacked if you lose a couple more games etc but in all honesty where would that leave you?

The guy cleary has a vision, articulates it well and is still learning his trade. Getting rid of him achieves nothing especially this early into the season.

Here is the link to our podcast where we talk about MJ & the Mariners. The Grimsby talk starts at 1hr 16mins on the pod.

[url]http://d3d4football.com/d3d4-football-podcast-ep52-howd-he-save-that/[/url]

When Micheal Appleton took over at Oxford our first season with him was poor but he was given time and became the best manager we've had since the 90s and I see Jolley having that sort of potential. A goalscorer would help too, hopefully Wes Thomas will get some sharpness back and decent service.

Keep the faith,

James
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, September 9, 2018, 11:03pm; Reply: 1
Honestly think most realise this will take time and will give him time , but have to say playing people out of position virtually every week will be questioned
Posted by: fishboyUTM, September 9, 2018, 11:09pm; Reply: 2
Is it me who is just so tired? I don't think I have any faith left if I'm honest.
Posted by: Townee82, September 10, 2018, 6:28am; Reply: 3
We are on a journey sometimes the road is smooth , sometimes rough but in the end we will reach the destination even then the world has a way of kicking you in the teeth now and then , give MJ the opportunity to make something happen.
Posted by: Grim74, September 10, 2018, 10:47am; Reply: 4
Even Slade had a vision.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, September 10, 2018, 11:39am; Reply: 5
Quoted from Grim74
Even Slade had a vision.

We know and we should've sent him to specsavers months before he got the boot!!
Posted by: GrimRob, September 10, 2018, 11:40am; Reply: 6
Quoted from Grim74
Even Slade had a vision.

His vision was his termination payment. Has he got it yet?
Posted by: wigworld, September 10, 2018, 7:28pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Townee82
We are on a journey sometimes the road is smooth , sometimes rough but in the end we will reach the destination even then the world has a way of kicking you in the teeth now and then , give MJ the opportunity to make something happen.

When's the smooth bit coming, because we've been we've been driving along this rough stretch of road since about 2004.
Print page generated: May 9, 2024, 1:14am