Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: fishyfanny, September 8, 2018, 1:12pm
I have Virgin TV on my main TV. I have set up another TV in another room, so not connected to the virgin box. I have the virgin app on my phone and can watch live TV on it. Is it possible to connect the phone to the TV via an HDMI cable and watch live TV that way?
I'm a bit of a tight bottom and don't want to pay the multi room fee to Virgin.
Any advice will be greatly appreciated :)
Posted by: Maringer, September 11, 2018, 2:01pm; Reply: 1
You'll probably be out of luck, I'm afraid. They tend to lock down anything which might cost them money and it's easy for them to stop things working with mirroring.

You might have more luck using an HDMI output from a laptop but, again, that's something they might be able to stop as well. Never used the Anywhere app myself but they don't tend to give anything away if they can help it!
Posted by: fishyfanny, September 12, 2018, 2:24pm; Reply: 2
hmmm that's what I thought, but thanks for taking the time to reply :)
Posted by: Brazilnut, September 13, 2018, 2:40pm; Reply: 3
maybe you would be able to cast it to a google chrome stick , i can cast some stuff off my phone to my tv that way......but get more replies about it before you buy one
Posted by: Brazilnut, September 13, 2018, 2:41pm; Reply: 4
Not wanting to hijack your thread but if anyone reading this can tell me where to find the De-Frag thing on windows 7
Posted by: Maringer, September 13, 2018, 4:08pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Brazilnut
Not wanting to hijack your thread but if anyone reading this can tell me where to find the De-Frag thing on windows 7

Right-click the drive (usually C:), select Properties, click on Tools and then Defrag.

If you've got an SSD in your computer, they supposedly don't need to be defragmented manually. Windows will do it from time to time in the background if necessary.
Posted by: Brazilnut, September 13, 2018, 9:48pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Maringer

Right-click the drive (usually C:), select Properties, click on Tools and then Defrag.

If you've got an SSD in your computer, they supposedly don't need to be defragmented manually. Windows will do it from time to time in the background if necessary.

sorry for being thick......how do i find the drive?
Posted by: Maringer, September 14, 2018, 9:37am; Reply: 7
Erm, via the file explorer? Think it's called Windows Explorer in Win 7.

Assuming your keyboard has the Windows key (most have for the past decade or more!) press this key and E at the same time.
Posted by: grimsby pete, September 14, 2018, 2:24pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Brazilnut

sorry for being thick......how do i find the drive?

Outside your front door you will find a car parked on it. ;D
Posted by: GrimRob, September 14, 2018, 10:35pm; Reply: 9
https://www.dummies.com/computers/pcs/how-to-defragment-a-hard-drive-on-a-windows-7-pc/

[img]https://www.dummies.com/wp-content/uploads/295837.image0.jpg[/img]
Posted by: scrumble, September 16, 2018, 9:35pm; Reply: 10
You can connect your phone directly to your tv if your is  phone is MHL compatible. If your phone does have MHL support you need to buy an MHL dongle which plugs into the micro sd port on your phone (the bit your charger plugs into), then just connect that to your HDMI port on your tv
Print page generated: May 1, 2024, 9:50pm