Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, September 4, 2018, 7:27pm
Any Town fans who are deciding to boycott the tonight's heading down to watch Clee Town?
Posted by: MrFisherman, September 4, 2018, 7:44pm; Reply: 1
No
Posted by: Cod Cheeks, September 4, 2018, 9:48pm; Reply: 2
Doesn't work like that does it
Posted by: MarinerMart, September 4, 2018, 9:59pm; Reply: 3
idiot
Posted by: immariner, September 4, 2018, 10:39pm; Reply: 4
To be fair, it was a simple question. If you weren't going to BP tonight and still wanted your live footie fix, little harm in going down the Linden Club to see Diz et al. He wasn't asking 'does anyone support Clee Town now instead', was he?
Posted by: ginnywings, September 4, 2018, 10:41pm; Reply: 5
How did they get on out of interest?
Posted by: bradzmilne, September 4, 2018, 10:42pm; Reply: 6
I did, for the second time this season actually.

Can someone explain why this is such an act of treason ?
Posted by: bradzmilne, September 4, 2018, 10:43pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from ginnywings
How did they get on out of interest?

Won 1-0, good goal
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 4, 2018, 10:50pm; Reply: 8
Seems like a good idea.
Posted by: ginnywings, September 4, 2018, 10:58pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from bradzmilne

Won 1-0, good goal

Cheers. It's a 5 minute stroll to their ground from where i live, and I've thought of going once or twice myself, but not got there yet.

Would be cool if they went far and we drew them. Not likely, but you never know.
Posted by: bradzmilne, September 4, 2018, 11:04pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from ginnywings

Cheers. It's a 5 minute stroll to their ground from where i live, and I've thought of going once or twice myself, but not got there yet.

Would be cool if they went far and we drew them. Not likely, but you never know.

To be honest, it's not glamorous but it is entertaining and the players really do fight tooth and nail.

I cannot for the life of me understand why so many people on here are negative towards Clee. It's primarily made up of local lads that haven't quite made the cut for professional football, so it's an integral part of of local amateur football scene - which without we wouldn't have seen so many of all time greats over the years.

I've got absolutely no association to Clee but I certainly would rather my ticket fee and money for a couple of pints went too them rather than a Sky Sports subscription and refuse to give the money to the B Team cup out of pure personal principle.
Posted by: ginnywings, September 4, 2018, 11:09pm; Reply: 11
Can't disagree with any of that.
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 4, 2018, 11:10pm; Reply: 12

I would imagine the majority of Clee Town and Grimsby Borough fans support GTFC as well ?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 4, 2018, 11:15pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from bradzmilne

To be honest, it's not glamorous but it is entertaining and the players really do fight tooth and nail.

I cannot for the life of me understand why so many people on here are negative towards Clee. It's primarily made up of local lads that haven't quite made the cut for professional football, so it's an integral part of of local amateur football scene - which without we wouldn't have seen so many of all time greats over the years.

I've got absolutely no association to Clee but I certainly would rather my ticket fee and money for a couple of pints went too them rather than a Sky Sports subscription and refuse to give the money to the B Team cup out of pure personal principle.

Because you're supposed to hate other teams from nearby and only want one team to do well. Chapter 2 of the Bluffers Guide to Being a Football Fan.
Posted by: mimma, September 5, 2018, 1:14am; Reply: 14
Can you have a pint and watch the game at the same time?
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, September 5, 2018, 1:15am; Reply: 15
Quoted from MarinerMart
idiot

I'm an idiot for asking if anybody was going to watch a local team, made up of many ex-Town players (including a legend) on an evening when Town are playing in an almost universally hated competition?

You've just achieved a whole new level of moron.... Congratulations sir πŸ‘πŸ‘
Posted by: lukeo, September 5, 2018, 5:55am; Reply: 16
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Because you're supposed to hate other teams from nearby and only want one team to do well. Chapter 2 of the Bluffers Guide to Being a Football Fan.

I disagree, this is where all the aggressive mentality stems from and causes 'things' to happen between sets of fans. I hope Clee and GY Borough both have really good seasons and wish them all the best.
Posted by: Grim74, September 5, 2018, 8:07am; Reply: 17
Quoted from lukeo

I disagree, this is where all the aggressive mentality stems from and causes 'things' to happen between sets of fans. I hope Clee and GY Borough both have really good seasons and wish them all the best.

I dont think he’s serious pal, he likes a bit sarcasm does Kingston πŸ˜€
Posted by: lukeo, September 7, 2018, 6:01am; Reply: 18
I'll get my coat...
Print page generated: May 3, 2024, 8:34pm