Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Poll Data Not Available with Printable Version
Posted by: Cod Cheeks, September 3, 2018, 7:45pm
Maybe seek a little advice now and then  ;)
Posted by: fleabag1970, September 3, 2018, 8:11pm; Reply: 1
If you don't have belief in yourself what's the point of been a manager in any walk of life .... never read forums
Posted by: sydney, September 3, 2018, 10:25pm; Reply: 2
U need to get a flavour of what the fans are thinking
Posted by: lukeo, September 4, 2018, 7:18am; Reply: 3
Sometimes, my honest opinion.
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 4, 2018, 8:15am; Reply: 4

"If you were manager..."

I can just imagine the reaction on here when it's announced that.........

“The board identified promotion plaice as our primary target, following an initial interviewing exercise. It quickly became apparent he was the right man for the Club, the Board, the Fans and the players. Even though he has no managerial experience and is pushing 60 we truly believe it is a real coup to persuade promotion plaice to leave his job on supermarket trolleys and join Grimsby Town Football Club.”   8)
Posted by: ginnywings, September 4, 2018, 8:34am; Reply: 5
Quoted from promotion plaice

"If you were manager..."

“The board identified promotion plaice as our primary target, following an initial interviewing exercise. It quickly became apparent he was the right man for the Club, the Board, the Fans and the players. Even though he has no managerial experience and is pushing 60 we truly believe it is a real coup to persuade promotion plaice to leave his job on supermarket trolleys and join Grimsby Town Football Club.”   8)

When do you jet back in from Filey to start  work PP? I imagine there will be no rush today, as nobody cares what happens in tonight's game.
Posted by: chicaneuk, September 4, 2018, 9:51am; Reply: 6
Never. The negativity exhibited on here would drive you to distraction. Plus, ultimately, he's the football professional. The opinions of forum users towards team selection or questions around substitutions are ultimately completely irrelevent.. he has to make those decisions along with his senior staff.
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, September 4, 2018, 9:52am; Reply: 7
I think you need to understand the general feeling of fans at times, albeit a small section!
Posted by: grimsby pete, September 4, 2018, 9:54am; Reply: 8
Quoted from promotion plaice

"If you were manager..."

You could do a better job than Slade PP. ;)
Posted by: 75 (Guest), September 4, 2018, 10:48am; Reply: 9
Internet forums are a vital tool and an insight into the fans thoughts, hopes and expectations. I would certainly read occasionally for a snapshot of the mood. Michael is a forward thinking progressive manager, he'll use all the modern tools he has at his disposal.

But he'd be better off signing a centre forward that knows where the net is.
Print page generated: May 8, 2024, 2:28pm