Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, September 1, 2018, 2:08pm
Well, I'm setting off for the match as soon as I've typed this, but here is the team lineup for today.

#GTFC XI: McKeown, Famewo, Whitmore, Davis, Hendrie, Welsh (c), Hessenthaler, Woolford, Vernam, Cook, Hooper.

Subs: Russell, M. Rose, Robles, Clifton, Fox, Wright, Embleton.

[tweet]1035874912710393857[/tweet]
Posted by: tanga_the_indestructible, September 1, 2018, 2:11pm; Reply: 1
Pringle not signed in time to be available?
Posted by: Hagrid, September 1, 2018, 2:12pm; Reply: 2
4-3-3 maybe?
Posted by: Rik e B, September 1, 2018, 2:13pm; Reply: 3
Pringle not eligible for this one no.
Posted by: Abdul19, September 1, 2018, 2:14pm; Reply: 4
https://twitter.com/JamieFin_/status/1035877925948674048

Jaiyesimi in the Yeovil side
Posted by: scott_gtfc_89, September 1, 2018, 2:15pm; Reply: 5
Hooper starting :/ he needs to prove a point today
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, September 1, 2018, 2:25pm; Reply: 6
Wouldn't be surprised if Hooper has done nothing in the first half to impress he'll be subbed for Emmbleton
Posted by: denni266, September 1, 2018, 2:28pm; Reply: 7
Surley if Pringle has signed for the club in time he would be able to play today ?
Posted by: Maringer, September 1, 2018, 2:33pm; Reply: 8
I'm slightly concerned that the formation looks likely to be a 4-3-3. I don't think Welsh and Woolford together have the pace to play in a middle 3 and I'm worried we may be overrun in the centre with that formation as against FGR.

I don't think Embleton would come in for Hooper (unless he has an absolute stinker) or perhaps unless we change the formation entirely. Hooper remains our only available forward with any sort of a physical presence. Would be nice to see him nick a goal or two, of course.
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, September 1, 2018, 2:49pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Maringer
I'm slightly concerned that the formation looks likely to be a 4-3-3. I don't think Welsh and Woolford together have the pace to play in a middle 3 and I'm worried we may be overrun in the centre with that formation as against FGR.

I don't think Embleton would come in for Hooper (unless he has an absolute stinker) or perhaps unless we change the formation entirely. Hooper remains our only available forward with any sort of a physical presence. Would be nice to see him nick a goal or two, of course.

Unless we are going with Vernam in midfield to provide some pace and creativity and Woolford left of the front 3?

Thought Mitch would have come straight back in tbf but in Jolley in trust!

#UTM
Posted by: Maringer, September 1, 2018, 2:54pm; Reply: 10
Woolford has played well in a more advanced role this season so you'd hope he would be further forward, but who knows? Seems pretty obvious it must be 4 at the back given the available players!
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, September 1, 2018, 3:01pm; Reply: 11
Looks like 451 to me
Posted by: denni266, September 1, 2018, 3:13pm; Reply: 12
Macca nearly caught out by his gotta stroll up the pitch antics again.. he needs telling he is a keeper not a sweeper.
Posted by: Kris2, September 1, 2018, 3:28pm; Reply: 13
The officials today are flipping cowards.
Posted by: Badger57, September 1, 2018, 3:29pm; Reply: 14
Surely they are all Skweepers these days?
Posted by: Ipswin, September 1, 2018, 3:30pm; Reply: 15
[quote=864]The officials today are flipping cowards. [/quote

flipping hell it's not 'blame the ref again ' time already surely?

Posted by: scott_gtfc_89, September 1, 2018, 3:36pm; Reply: 16
Update anyone on how we’re playing?
Posted by: arryarryarry, September 1, 2018, 3:45pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from scott_gtfc_89
Update anyone on how we’re playing?

Not much between the sides except they look more dangerous in and around our penalty area than we do around theirs.
Posted by: Hagrid, September 1, 2018, 3:51pm; Reply: 18
We had a stonewall penalty turned down
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, September 1, 2018, 3:53pm; Reply: 19
Feel that theyre using the advantages alot better than we are, too many hopeful looping balls when its obvious our forward players wont win any aerial battles, we clearly out pace them need to use that more. Vernam probably our standout player.
Would like to see some of that half time adapting to the game that we seemed to do more last season, not saying we were poor think theres plenty to be positive about but i think if we carry on as we have been yeovil have a slightly better chance of getting something
Posted by: Madeleymariner, September 1, 2018, 3:53pm; Reply: 20
Playing OK, Yeovil player to bad late tackles but only got a yellow for the first, ref missed the second. Looked a blatent penalty turned down and Yeovil nearly scored when a blatant foul in their half wasn't given and they broke quickly. Vernam playing well and better final passes and we might win this one. DJ looking tricky for them. Got a feeling this ref is going to do something silly.
Posted by: Maringer, September 1, 2018, 4:01pm; Reply: 21
I think Yeovil look a decent team so you can see how they've started the season well. We've played some good stuff at times but wasted a couple of opportunities to play the pass when it was on and should probably have made more of our breaks (of which there have been a few). We'll have to play it round them as they are a lot bigger and more athletic than us in general.

I'm finding it an entertaining game. Just need a little bit of quality to show through to nick it.

The referee has looked quite calm and composed at some points but has made a few very odd decisions as well.
Posted by: scott_gtfc_89, September 1, 2018, 4:02pm; Reply: 22
How’s Hooper playing
Posted by: Tommy, September 1, 2018, 4:08pm; Reply: 23
https://twitter.com/Grimjos/status/1035903627968348161?s=19
Posted by: conocoloco, September 1, 2018, 4:11pm; Reply: 24
Definite penalty!

Who would have taken it with Rose benched?  
Posted by: Abdul19, September 1, 2018, 4:14pm; Reply: 25
https://twitter.com/officialgtfc/status/1035906759066615808
Posted by: arryarryarry, September 1, 2018, 4:19pm; Reply: 26
Fox on for Hooper.
Posted by: denni266, September 1, 2018, 4:20pm; Reply: 27
Hooper off  and Fox on
Posted by: Abdul19, September 1, 2018, 4:23pm; Reply: 28
Clifton for Woolford
Posted by: Abdul19, September 1, 2018, 4:25pm; Reply: 29
Left back playing left wing and a centre midfielder playing on the right  :-/
Posted by: denni266, September 1, 2018, 4:29pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from Abdul19
Left back playing left wing and a centre midfielder playing on the right  :-/

Sounds about right  for our club
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 1, 2018, 4:30pm; Reply: 31

Latest....Town 0 .....Yeovil and the ref 0
Posted by: Abdul19, September 1, 2018, 4:36pm; Reply: 32
flipping cuntbollocks
Posted by: arryarryarry, September 1, 2018, 4:37pm; Reply: 33
Crap defending >:(
Posted by: hheh2, September 1, 2018, 4:37pm; Reply: 34
FLUKE!
Posted by: arryarryarry, September 1, 2018, 4:37pm; Reply: 35
flipping fed up of the high balls to the front two.
Posted by: arryarryarry, September 1, 2018, 4:38pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from hheh2
FLUKE!

Why?
Posted by: Hagrid, September 1, 2018, 4:39pm; Reply: 37
These subs are bizzare. I dont get his thinking at all
Posted by: denni266, September 1, 2018, 4:41pm; Reply: 38
Not a fluke .. we are crap like i said weeks ago .
Posted by: arryarryarry, September 1, 2018, 4:42pm; Reply: 39
We are looking a poor side, lacking any real quality apart from Vietnam.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 1, 2018, 4:45pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from arryarryarry
We are looking a poor side, lacking any real quality apart from Vietnam.

That explains the chant of 'Ho Chi Minh's black and white army' at Millwall all those years ago.
Posted by: Abdul19, September 1, 2018, 4:46pm; Reply: 41
I'd rather he'd brought on Embleton instead of Rose, like he was planning originally. Surely more likely to do something going forward (penalties and long throws aside)?
Posted by: arryarryarry, September 1, 2018, 4:47pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from KingstonMariner

That explains the chant of 'Ho Chi Minh's black and white army' at Millwall all those years ago.

Bloody phone.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 1, 2018, 4:48pm; Reply: 43
Low crowd today. Understandable, but not good.
Posted by: denni266, September 1, 2018, 4:50pm; Reply: 44
Mean while  Lincoln 3 nil up at exeter . can it get any worse
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, September 1, 2018, 4:52pm; Reply: 45
Quoted from Maringer

Unless we are going with Vernam in midfield to provide some pace and creativity and Woolford left of the front 3?

Thought Mitch would have come straight back in tbf but in Jolley in trust!

#UTM
Posted by: arryarryarry, September 1, 2018, 4:52pm; Reply: 46
To sum that up, that was excrement.
Posted by: arryarryarry, September 1, 2018, 4:53pm; Reply: 47
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Low crowd today. Understandable, but not good.

There will be less on Tuesday.
Posted by: Hagrid, September 1, 2018, 4:54pm; Reply: 48
Not a shot on goal 2nd half, no creativity, subs made by jolle were pathetic. Worried. again!!
Posted by: denni266, September 1, 2018, 4:54pm; Reply: 49
In MJ  we trust  yer right  . where are we  slipping down again
Posted by: chaos33, September 1, 2018, 4:56pm; Reply: 50
No hiding from the fact that is a f***ing sh1t result
Posted by: Gainsbro_Mariner, September 1, 2018, 4:56pm; Reply: 51
We don’t know our best formation, our best line up and despite having what seems 27 forwards on the book none of them look capable of scoring consistently

Maybe when Thomas is fit and isn’t suspended he may be the man but what annoys me is that what most fans would as the biggest priority over the summer was to sign a proven goalscorer just hadn’t happened. Until then we’ll keep losing and drawing games.
Posted by: Abdul19, September 1, 2018, 4:57pm; Reply: 52
1 point from 9 at home, worst start at BP since 09/10  :o
Posted by: Marinerz93, September 1, 2018, 4:57pm; Reply: 53
Poor showing and was expecting a bit more bite, toothless in the final 3rd however we should have had a penalty. Too many long balls pumped up for their defence to gobble up for my liking.
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, September 1, 2018, 4:59pm; Reply: 54
Feel that theyre using the advantages alot better than we are, too many hopeful looping balls when its obvious our forward players wont win any aerial battles, we clearly out pace them need to use that more. Vernam probably our standout player.
Would like to see some of that half time adapting to the game that we seemed to do more last season, not saying we were poor think theres plenty to be positive about but i think if we carry on as we have been yeovil have a slightly better chance of getting something

Just gonna quote myself, really dissapointed that we didnt adapt all game. We shouldnt have even needed to adapt as we werent really playing a way that suited our own players. Yeovil werent particularly quick to close us down, looked in trouble the few times we actualy played some neat little passes around their box.

No longer a case of the results will come, we need to be much much better, and be able to try something different when its not working
Posted by: Maringer, September 1, 2018, 5:04pm; Reply: 55
Not really as bad as some seem to think. We played some good stuff at times but not regularly enough and didn't have a plan B. No out ball as they won everything in the air when we put the ball forward (which we certainly did too much).

Yeovil much, much pacier than us as shown by their subs who caused us problems but I'd say poor defending led to the goal as two defenders stood right off their player. Good shot, however. Truth be told, I thought Hendrie looked a bit ragged by that point. I think his fitness will improve as he plays.

That said, Macca didn't have a save to make (other than the one he couldn't reach) and Cook should have scored an equaliser with that late chance. Too many wasted passes in the first half especially when we were in decent attacking areas. I think we'll be OK once the new players settle in.

It will be interesting to see where Yeovil finish this season as they look very well set up for this division. Good in the air, athletic and with loads of pacy players. Lack of a really threatening striker probably their main weakness.
Posted by: denni266, September 1, 2018, 5:04pm; Reply: 56
MJ is being found out now.. full of saying what folk like to hear, but its on the pitch where you will be judged .. I suggest you sit down take off that fine suit put on a managers kit and  and look to see  what position your players play naturally and play them there for a start. either do your job or you will be shown the other side of the fans
Posted by: Tommy, September 1, 2018, 5:08pm; Reply: 57
Yeah that's the answer denni226, Jolley needs to wear a tracksuit instead of a suit. Sure fire way to improve form, that.
Posted by: Abdul19, September 1, 2018, 5:10pm; Reply: 58
A Tony Pulis cap and JJ Hooper will turn into Pat Glover
Posted by: denni266, September 1, 2018, 5:13pm; Reply: 59
Quoted from Tommy
Yeah that's the answer denni226, Jolley needs to wear a tracksuit instead of a suit. Sure fire way to improve form, that.

Maby i should have put it differently ... he needs to roll up his sleaves and get stuck in to some looking at where players play for a start . cos it sure is not working at the moment. square pegs in round holes
Posted by: Gaffer58, September 1, 2018, 5:16pm; Reply: 60
The old green top worked for Clough ok.
Posted by: conocoloco, September 1, 2018, 5:23pm; Reply: 61
Whats that? An economist struggling to differentiate between the objective and the subjective. Well I never...
Posted by: denni266, September 1, 2018, 5:23pm; Reply: 62
Quoted from Gaffer58
The old green top worked for Clough ok.

freeking well did..
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 1, 2018, 5:24pm; Reply: 63
Quoted from arryarryarry

There will be less on Tuesday.

Hopefully 4284 less.
Posted by: ginnywings, September 1, 2018, 5:30pm; Reply: 64
Quoted from denni266
Mean while  Lincoln 3 nil up at exeter . can it get any worse

Yes, I've got Exeter in the buster.