Posted by: Grimal, August 31, 2018, 5:27pm; Reply: 3
BP to BP. welcome Ben.
Posted by: Rob_in_Grimsby, August 31, 2018, 5:29pm; Reply: 4
Looks a good signing
Nice goal by him here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovgYqvMgprg
and
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1OBGEQyenY
Posted by: forza ivano, August 31, 2018, 5:33pm; Reply: 5
https://www.pne-online.net/forum/showthread.php?105038-Ben-Pringle-Joins-Oldham-on-Loan-(Confirmed)

https://www.pne-online.net/forum/showthread.php?104738-Ben-Pringle

https://www.pne-online.net/forum/showthread.php?99718-Ben-Pringle/page2
Posted by: pontoonlew, August 31, 2018, 5:34pm; Reply: 6
This is one hell of a signing.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, August 31, 2018, 5:35pm; Reply: 7
Decent signing by the looks of it.
Posted by: scott_gtfc_89, August 31, 2018, 5:37pm; Reply: 8
Does that complete the 3-5-2 formation?
Posted by: forza ivano, August 31, 2018, 5:37pm; Reply: 9
Great left foot...good league 1 player....he just never  clicked with us

from my pne mate
Posted by: OllieGTFC, August 31, 2018, 5:38pm; Reply: 10
Goal scoring midfielder ooo looking good
Posted by: fleabag1970, August 31, 2018, 5:38pm; Reply: 11
Great signing . The manager has been backed time to just get behind the team now . If we are in touch with the top 7 by Xmas i predict good things . Utm
Posted by: grimsbybrown, August 31, 2018, 5:40pm; Reply: 12
looks good, according to Wikipedia his present deal expires summer 2019, so he will be a free agent at the end of the loan.

So, assuming there's not a recall option as it's a season loan, apart from the slightly late timing, it's like signing a player permanently on a 1 year deal,
Posted by: jimgtfc, August 31, 2018, 5:42pm; Reply: 13
Wow, I think the hairs on the back of my neck just twinged a bit. Cracking player at this level!
Posted by: Mariner93er, August 31, 2018, 5:43pm; Reply: 14
When i was at uni in Nottingham about 4 or 5 years ago, I went to watch county v rotherham. Pringle and Revell were the stand out players by a mile that day. He's still only 28, so if he can replicate that form we've done well.
Posted by: newarkmariner, August 31, 2018, 5:54pm; Reply: 15
cracking signing as was yesterdays, welcome to BP, will reserve full judgement until I've had time to read the Gimps board because the font of football knowledge that is Scotimp will probably say ones over the hill and injury prone while the other is too young and not ready ;) ;) ;)
Really looking forward to tomorrow now,UTFM
Posted by: hheh2, August 31, 2018, 5:59pm; Reply: 16
Wow amazing signing at this level! Wonderful depth in the middle now, when was the last time we had such a powerful midfield as we do now? UTM
Posted by: RoboCod, August 31, 2018, 6:00pm; Reply: 17
Capable of some crisp finishing I've heard
Posted by: acko338, August 31, 2018, 6:04pm; Reply: 18
Will know John Welsh's style and strengths already !

Cannot knock the backing given to the manager this season !

Yeovil will be a good test if he is fit enough for the squad immediately !
Posted by: jamesgtfc, August 31, 2018, 6:04pm; Reply: 19
I'm hoping once he pops the net, he can't stop.
Posted by: Gaffer58, August 31, 2018, 6:09pm; Reply: 20
bet he's the best turned out player also.
Posted by: grimsby pete, August 31, 2018, 6:13pm; Reply: 21
Once we have watched him we will just want more and more.
Posted by: Kris2, August 31, 2018, 6:16pm; Reply: 22
Really good signing. Seems a good player just struggled to make an impact and get games at his own club. He's also come up through non league so has experience playing different kinds of teams than just the upper leagues styles. If we get him playing regularly I think he can be that goal scorer and impact from midfield we need.
Posted by: RoboCod, August 31, 2018, 6:22pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from jamesgtfc
I'm hoping once he pops the net, he can't stop.

He might also bring out the best in JJ Hula Hooper

Ok, I'm done now.
Posted by: ginnywings, August 31, 2018, 6:23pm; Reply: 24
Jumpers for goalposts.

Welcome Ben.
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, August 31, 2018, 6:41pm; Reply: 25
Jolley certainly put the bed the worries who thought he wouldn't have the contacts to make signings...

And credit to Fenty for the summer window, he's clearly backed Jolley.

Hope it all works out and can push on!

Good times to be a town fan again
Posted by: scrumble, August 31, 2018, 7:08pm; Reply: 26
I just hope he lasts longer than the last Pringle we had on loan
Posted by: Bigdog, August 31, 2018, 7:49pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
Jolley certainly put the bed the worries who thought he wouldn't have the contacts to make signings...

Or maybe .. just maybe, Fenty is still not spending a single cent of his own money, handed out the same budget he always does and full credit must go to Jolley for spending it wisely on a lower number of players..
Posted by: 75 (Guest), August 31, 2018, 7:59pm; Reply: 28
Seems a terrific signing to be fair. His record suggests he is much better than this level and I'm looking forward to seeing him play. Hopefully tomorrow as presumably he's been training with Preston.
Posted by: LH, August 31, 2018, 8:16pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from grimsby pete
Once we have watched him we will just want more and more.

The money they spent on the “once you pop you can’t stop” advertising campaign was obviously well spent.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 31, 2018, 8:25pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from Mariner93er
When i was at uni in Nottingham about 4 or 5 years ago, I went to watch county v rotherham. Pringle and Revell were the stand out players by a mile that day. He's still only 28, so if he can replicate that form we've done well.

Crisps and chocolate covered sweets, The best?! Sure sign of obese Britain.
Posted by: fiveallive, August 31, 2018, 8:33pm; Reply: 31
Great signing I remember Hurst being after him a few years back, he can here and put himself in the shop window great move for both sides.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 31, 2018, 8:36pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from fiveallive
Great signing I remember Hurst being after him a few years back, he can here and put himself in the shop window great move for both sides.

If he does well for us, Pringles (obligatory Grimsby 'S') will be flying off the shelf.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, August 31, 2018, 8:40pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

Fenty is just working within the old "competitive budget" chestnut.

If these players do turn into a fine team, all the credit should go to Jolley, and his backroom staff.
Posted by: ginnywings, August 31, 2018, 8:48pm; Reply: 34
Just seen that Doidge has gone from FGR to Bolton, initially on loan, but signing to be made permanent in Jan. Seven figure fee reported, so good business for FGR, who signed him from Dagenham.
Posted by: chaos33, August 31, 2018, 9:41pm; Reply: 35
I think that'll have a big impact on FGR's play off credentials.
Good player.

Can't believe we've got Pringle.  Surely a L1 player! Big coup. Well done MJ.
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, August 31, 2018, 9:44pm; Reply: 36
if pringle flavours were footballing positions....who'd you have in goal? Ready salted being your defence and maybe Cheese and sour cream your holding midfielder.

Posted by: chaos33, August 31, 2018, 9:47pm; Reply: 37
Have you been drinking?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 31, 2018, 9:49pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from chaos33
Have you been drinking?

He must have been. Any sober person would have a whole team of Sour Cream and Onion.
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 31, 2018, 9:52pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from Southwark Mariner
if pringle flavours were footballing positions....who'd you have in goal? Ready salted being your defence and maybe Cheese and sour cream your holding midfielder.

blazin' buffalo wing

Posted by: ginnywings, August 31, 2018, 10:00pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from KingstonMariner

He must have been. Any sober person would have a whole team of Sour Cream and Onion.

Sour cream and chive all the way. Eating a packet right now.  :)
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, August 31, 2018, 10:48pm; Reply: 41
We’re already spending the dembele sell on clause
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, August 31, 2018, 10:50pm; Reply: 42
Yes, I may have had a couple of beers :)

However, the question stands.
Posted by: forza ivano, August 31, 2018, 11:30pm; Reply: 43
So does he replace hooper or Woodford?
Posted by: Cayman_mariner, September 1, 2018, 12:37am; Reply: 44
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Nah, I'd have had Frank Leboeuf n'Onion and Roast Chic-Ken Monkou at the back!
Posted by: moosey_club, September 1, 2018, 2:28am; Reply: 45
Quoted from forza ivano
So does he replace hooper or Woodford?

Pretty sure he wont be replacing Woodford  :)
Posted by: pen penfras, September 1, 2018, 6:25am; Reply: 46

If these players do turn into a fine team, all the credit should go to Jolley, and his backroom staff.

I'm sure you're right, but the level of players we've signed shows that we can be competitive and attract players in this league with this budget. So the last few years of many mediocre signings has to go down as the managers not being able to identify or convince players to come here, rather than Fenty taking all the blame. Even Hurst seems guilty of this, who I thought was pretty good at recruiting good players in the conference days.
Posted by: golfer, September 1, 2018, 7:53am; Reply: 47

And if they don't  YOU can always blame JSF
Posted by: Garth, September 1, 2018, 8:32am; Reply: 48
Quoted from golfer

Par for the course here id say, every one needs a whipping boy, both on and off the field.
Pringle would not be a cheap alternative, we now have on paper a team that should better our expectations for the season and could surprise a few
Posted by: headingly_mariner, September 1, 2018, 11:36am; Reply: 49
He’s got clear quality. He hasn’t played a lot in the last few seasons. Has he been injured or just struggled?

Hopefully he can get plenty of games with us and recapture his form.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, September 1, 2018, 11:18pm; Reply: 50
Quoted from golfer

I am indeed proud to be Mr. Fenty's greatest critic. ;D

To be fair I am not alone, and no wonder after all these years of absolute dross on and off the field.

Who's door  would you lay the blame at as a matter of interest? He has had the club in a vice like grip due to him loaning us some money and he sets the tone for how the club operates. We are currently 20th in League 2, after many years of struggle.

The club has made no progress on or off the field in all the time he has been in the hot seat, despite hundreds and hundreds of players and too many managers to remember.

Everything he has touched has been a disaster - the complete opposite to the midas touch. As far as any of us can tell, we might have to put up with this mismanagement for years to come.

For the first few years I wished him well, obviously. Who wouldn't? Then I realised it was all a sham, and he wasn't capable of delivering any sort of future for the club. My worst fears were realised when he allowed us to fall into non league, and I will never forgive him for that.

More and more business people told me that his ego outstripped his abilities by some margin, and I respected their views because that is how it appeared to me in just about all his press conferences and PR utterances, and of course this view was cemented at the infamous fans forum night.

I don't know him personally, I must say that, and he may be a very nice chap who is nice to animals and have a charitable disposition  but I am only commenting on his public duties as owner of GTFC, which hasn't gone terribly well.

So yes I am a critic, as he is the one who has presided over, and should take responsibility for, the years of failure.

I have said before on this forum if he could wipe the slate clean, and turn it round I would be over the moon. I thought that 10 years ago, and 5 years ago and I said it last season, but am still waiting for any tangible evidence of anything he has learned, or might do differently to turn the club around.

It is obviously very difficult indeed to be an owner of a professional club, with everyone telling you how it should be done, and urging you to spend more money, and I am well aware of that, but I think after all this time the club deserves better.

So yes I blame Mr. Fenty for most, if not all of our ills as he is the one constant in our downward spiral.  
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 2, 2018, 10:37am; Reply: 51

To coin Ernie Bevin, not while I'm alive you're not.

Great post by the way.
Posted by: grimsby pete, September 2, 2018, 8:45pm; Reply: 52

Sorry Lew until you have been suspended from the Fishy you will have to settle for being his 2nd greatest critic  ;D

Posted by: Ipswin, September 2, 2018, 9:35pm; Reply: 53
I note it's have a go at Fenty time again after a lull following his much praised appointment of Jolley

Is this because we are doing crap again? He's usually the first target when things aren't going well (but he is rarely congratulated when we have some success)

I think he has performed well since the appointment of Jolley, he has kept his often over exercised gob shut for a long time and he has clearly supported the new manager to the hilt as evidenced by the signings / loans

As soon as things go mammaries up (as they are threatening to do results-wise) all the old problems with Fenty are rolled out again and the criticism and blame starts over
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, September 2, 2018, 9:38pm; Reply: 54

To be fair I am not alone, and no wonder after all these years of absolute dross on and off the field.

Who's door  would you lay the blame at as a matter of interest? He has had the club in a vice like grip due to him loaning us some money and he sets the tone for how the club operates. We are currently 20th in League 2, after many years of struggle.

The club has made no progress on or off the field in all the time he has been in the hot seat, despite hundreds and hundreds of players and too many managers to remember.

Everything he has touched has been a disaster - the complete opposite to the midas touch. As far as any of us can tell, we might have to put up with this mismanagement for years to come.

For the first few years I wished him well, obviously. Who wouldn't? Then I realised it was all a sham, and he wasn't capable of delivering any sort of future for the club. My worst fears were realised when he allowed us to fall into non league, and I will never forgive him for that.

More and more business people told me that his ego outstripped his abilities by some margin, and I respected their views because that is how it appeared to me in just about all his press conferences and PR utterances, and of course this view was cemented at the infamous fans forum night.

I don't know him personally, I must say that, and he may be a very nice chap who is nice to animals and have a charitable disposition  but I am only commenting on his public duties as owner of GTFC, which hasn't gone terribly well.

So yes I am a critic, as he is the one who has presided over, and should take responsibility for, the years of failure.

I have said before on this forum if he could wipe the slate clean, and turn it round I would be over the moon. I thought that 10 years ago, and 5 years ago and I said it last season, but am still waiting for any tangible evidence of anything he has learned, or might do differently to turn the club around.

It is obviously very difficult indeed to be an owner of a professional club, with everyone telling you how it should be done, and urging you to spend more money, and I am well aware of that, but I think after all this time the club deserves better.

So yes I blame Mr. Fenty for most, if not all of our ills as he is the one constant in our downward spiral.  

Hard to disagree with any of that
Posted by: grimsby pete, September 2, 2018, 9:45pm; Reply: 55
Quoted from Ipswin
I note it's have a go at Fenty time again after a lull following his much praised appointment of Jolley

Is this because we are doing crap again? He's usually the first target when things aren't going well (but he is rarely congratulated when we have some success)

I think he has performed well since the appointment of Jolley, he has kept his often over exercised gob shut for a long time and he has clearly supported the new manager to the hilt as evidenced by the signings / loans

As soon as things go mammaries up (as they are threatening to do results-wise) all the old problems with Fenty are rolled out again and the criticism and blame starts over

Swin my post had nothing to do with blaming Fenty for our poor results this season,

I just do not like somebody claiming they are his No1 critic.  ;D
Posted by: MuddyWaters, September 2, 2018, 9:51pm; Reply: 56
Quoted from Ipswin

Well.the old problems - as you put it - with Mr Fenty are still there and will not go away till he does. We have absolutely no idea whether there's any progress on the key issue (stadium) that he has said we cannot survive without. We have no absolutely no idea what's going on in the boardroom and no idea what the club expect since Mr Day's proclamation of Championship football (probably at BP) in 5 years.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, September 2, 2018, 10:25pm; Reply: 57
Quoted from Ipswin

Well I am consistent as I blame him week in week out, season in season out. ;D

This success you mention - just remind me when that was?

It is highly unlikely we will make any significant progress as a club whilst Mr. Fenty is in charge. He has had a long go at it, and no progress at all as far as I can see have been made on or off the pitch.

All my Fenty bashing on this site has no affect on my support for my team - I am there every week, win or lose and it will always be thus. However my personal opinion is that not only is he not helping the club prosper, he is actually having a very negative effect on the club.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 2, 2018, 10:46pm; Reply: 58
Quoted from Ipswin

Oh do intercourse off. Fenty calls the shots, so Fenty carries the can. He's made it clear he doesn't take a blind bit of notice of what people want, so he's got no one to share the blame with.

As for this success....remind us. When was that?
Posted by: TAGG, September 2, 2018, 10:52pm; Reply: 59

Well I am consistent as I blame him week in week out, season in season out. ;D

This success you mention - just remind me when that was?

It is highly unlikely we will make any significant progress as a club whilst Mr. Fenty is in charge. He has had a long go at it, and no progress at all as far as I can see have been made on or off the pitch.

All my Fenty bashing on this site has no affect on my support for my team - I am there every week, win or lose and it will always be thus. However my personal opinion is that not only is he not helping the club prosper, he is actually having a very negative effect on the club.

Post of the season so far 👍
Posted by: golfer, September 3, 2018, 8:21am; Reply: 60
O.K. so jsf wipes his loans off,gives his shares to a Fishy member-then what happens next. Some rich Eastern gentleman steps in and promises to put £50 million into the club-I don't think so Under J.S.F we are not going to be a premiership club but I don't think he will let us completely fold. As a matter of interest who on the Fishy would wipe off £3million-not many if truth be told.If the new stadium folds and J.S.F. does decide to say Fkit what happens next. I have heard pharts before.
Posted by: forza ivano, September 3, 2018, 9:32am; Reply: 61
. Pringle was amazing when Rotherham got promoted 4ish years ago to the championship, I thought he'd have a good career, he was mom when beating us in playoffs, however he's never had a good run in our team for whatever reason. Very creative mid when he's on it.

back on topic. another view from a pne fan
Posted by: Ipswin, September 3, 2018, 12:33pm; Reply: 62
My point was (which of course the red x morons have missed as usual) that the criticism of Fenty has reared its head again (I know the problems he created have never gone away) thanks presumably to the current poor run of results.

In the immediate aftermath of Jolley's appointment, the escape from relegation and the usual new season optimism the complaints about him disappeared in fact Jolley's appointment and Fenty's obvious agreement to all the new signings almost brought him some priase

Why is it that when things are going badly on the field, which even he can't be to blame for, the Fenty knockers reappear.
Posted by: rancido, September 3, 2018, 1:05pm; Reply: 63
Quoted from golfer
O.K. so jsf wipes his loans off,gives his shares to a Fishy member-then what happens next. Some rich Eastern gentleman steps in and promises to put £50 million into the club-I don't think so Under J.S.F we are not going to be a premiership club but I don't think he will let us completely fold. As a matter of interest who on the Fishy would wipe off £3million-not many if truth be told.If the new stadium folds and J.S.F. does decide to say Fkit what happens next. I have heard pharts before.

But surely you know by now that there are a number of Fishy posters who know somebody who would put money into the club if JF was to go. These would be gifts ( or investments as some would call them ) not loans. If we believe all we are told by some Fishy posters then the future will be rosy once JF departs and these " investors " can make their intentions public.
Posted by: Cloudy, September 3, 2018, 2:08pm; Reply: 64
Quoted from rancido

But surely you know by now that there are a number of Fishy posters who know somebody who would put money into the club if JF was to go. These would be gifts ( or investments as some would call them ) not loans. If we believe all we are told by some Fishy posters then the future will be rosy once JF departs and these " investors " can make their intentions public.

There are some fishy posters who are happy to see us stagnate whilst even the dog and duck 2nd X1 move ahead of us. Those that have become blind to the modern world and happy to sit  under the stairs like a mushroom

Said many times it is not about putting money into the club (Fenty hasnt done so for years) more about increasing income, managing sensibly and engagement with the community.
Posted by: Biccys, September 3, 2018, 2:14pm; Reply: 65
Quoted from Ipswin
My point was (which of course the red x morons have missed as usual) that the criticism of Fenty has reared its head again (I know the problems he created have never gone away) thanks presumably to the current poor run of results.

In the immediate aftermath of Jolley's appointment, the escape from relegation and the usual new season optimism the complaints about him disappeared in fact Jolley's appointment and Fenty's obvious agreement to all the new signings almost brought him some priase

Why is it that when things are going badly on the field, which even he can't be to blame for, the Fenty knockers reappear.

*Chortle* You said knockers....
Posted by: Les Brechin, September 3, 2018, 4:15pm; Reply: 66
Quoted from forza ivano
. Pringle was amazing when Rotherham got promoted 4ish years ago to the championship, I thought he'd have a good career, he was mom when beating us in playoffs, however he's never had a good run in our team for whatever reason. Very creative mid when he's on it.

back on topic. another view from a pne fan

Well done for trying to get the thread back on-topic anyway. (wallbash)
Posted by: golfer, September 3, 2018, 4:34pm; Reply: 67
I am going to give you a green tick Ipswin and Rancido for the simple fact you are not one of those talking out of their derrieres
Posted by: MuddyWaters, September 3, 2018, 4:57pm; Reply: 68
Quoted from golfer

I believe the figure has reduced to two point something million - however, look at it another way - who, in their right mind, would pay for the majority shareholding PLUS the loan figure to buy the club in its' current state.

Most of the negative posting regarding the John Fenty tenure is based on the fact that no-one can see a way out of it. It's not exactly been a rip-roaring success, has it?
Posted by: golfer, September 3, 2018, 5:03pm; Reply: 69
I am waiting for somebody to tell me a FEASIBLE way out,unless there is one then JSF is our only hope of remaining afloat
Posted by: chaos33, September 3, 2018, 5:10pm; Reply: 70
I read today that Pringle's immediate availabity is compromised by his relative lack of fitness, and that it will take him several weeks to get fully up to speed. Also, Embleton is away on U20's international duty for a while too so also won't be available.

Thomas not back until after Bury, but could play in the checkatrade...

We might have to soldier on until we see the impactof these players. Maybe well into the Autumn or 10 or more games in. Just hope we aren't in a bottom 4 position when they finally join the party as it will heap on the pressure to be immediate game changers.

What keeps me hopeful is Jolley. I do have faith in him in a way I just didn't with Slade.
Posted by: Bigdog, September 3, 2018, 6:20pm; Reply: 71
Quoted from golfer
I am waiting for somebody to tell me a FEASIBLE way out,unless there is one then JSF is our only hope of remaining afloat

Here's me thinking it was the responsibility of the board to go out and attract inward investment and directors to advance the club and also relocate us from BP. Didn't realise it had been passed onto the fans like everything else that is wrong with the club has. With the aid of any accountant, ANYBODY could be doing the job the board are doing at the moment and most would have a better idea in how to engage the public of NE Lincs. There isn't a feasible way out because JF wants far too much money for a personal project that he's spunked his own money up the wall on and wants it back. He's also spunked a lot of the club's money away too over the years. Again, sorry for not seeing things right and misunderstanding that the millstone that JF has put on the club is everyone else's responsibility. He must be pissing his pants reading some of these threads of fans discussing how much the state of the club is in is their faults and how it's their responsibility to sort it out. Because there doesn't look to be a feasible way out from a fan's point of view, it certainly doesn't make the stranglehold Jf has engineered for himself right and it certainly doesn't mean that fans can't be angry or pisssed off about it..
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, September 3, 2018, 6:45pm; Reply: 72
Quoted from Les Brechin

Well done for trying to get the thread back on-topic anyway. (wallbash)

Pringle = budget needed to get him = man who overseas budget = Fenty.

How is that off topic?
Posted by: hheh2, September 3, 2018, 6:49pm; Reply: 73
I am not worried about our current form, its early days and have full faith we can have a decent season. New team New surroundings takes time.
Posted by: mariner91, September 3, 2018, 6:51pm; Reply: 74
Quoted from golfer

This is a nonsense. Stay afloat? The only money we owe to anyone is to Fenty so unless he decides to take his toys home then that's not likely to make us go under. And he's hardly likely to put the club in that position is he? He'd never be able to show his face in his home town again.

We could survive just as well with our current levels of "success" without Fenty and the board. You could argue we might even do a little better as they've done such an abject job. I'm not saying we'd shoot up the leagues but the board haven't put any money in for over five years now so it's quite clear that we are capable of surviving without them. People will now argue that there isn't anybody else to run the club but it's not as though they've run it with any expertise is it? They've virtually run it into the ground in the 15+ years they've been in charge.

Anyone who thinks Fenty is the only thing "keeping us afloat" is stark raving mad.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, September 3, 2018, 6:55pm; Reply: 75
Quoted from golfer

I think Fenty hasn't actually put money in for some years, according to those in the know on here, but he seems to be like an insurance policy in that he would cover any shortfall if the need ever arose.

It seems we owe him some loans back, which he said are benign, so unless I am missing something what is he bringing to the party apart from being a sort of insurance policy? Not very proactive that, is it?

We the fans have put far more money in than Fenty ever has during his time in the hot seat, and of course we don't want it back.

We need to be successful for him to get his money back asap, which is one of the many reasons I am hoping Jolley can turn it around.  
Posted by: MuddyWaters, September 3, 2018, 7:20pm; Reply: 76
Quoted from hheh2
I am not worried about our current form, its early days and have full faith we can have a decent season. New team New surroundings takes time.

Have we built a stadium? Fucksake - 20 odd years I've waited and I've missed it!
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, September 3, 2018, 10:00pm; Reply: 77

Pringle = budget needed to get him = man who overseas budget = Fenty.

How is that off topic?

Unless you want us to talk earnestly about a player we don't know, have never seen play or if we have didn't notice; we could talk about his hair or marital status I suppose if we copy and paste stuff from the internet. We could guess at how he might perform, but of course we don't know if he will play, what position he will play or whose place he will take.

Off topic would be if we started talking politics or art wouldn't it?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 3, 2018, 10:20pm; Reply: 78
Quoted from golfer

He could write off the debt and resign from the board.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, September 3, 2018, 10:30pm; Reply: 79
Quoted from golfer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyRVTNsp2gs
Posted by: Garth, September 4, 2018, 7:35am; Reply: 80
Quoted from golfer

You do talk a load of shite sometimes on here, possible tongue in cheek, on this one though you are so right, JF calls the shot because no credible alternative exists ATM fact.
A football club with JF in charge to me anyway is better than no club at all
Posted by: denni266, September 4, 2018, 9:29am; Reply: 81
If what is said by quite a few on here that Fenty and co have not put any money if for a few years and the club is living on its own income , we are never going to go any where living like this without some football fortune from cup runs or selling players. His 2 mill or so is peanuts in football terms but he wont move even if someone came up with the money , as this is his little ego trip. look at me im in charge, If he was a real fan like he says he would walk away for the good of the club and just be a fan. and let someone who wants to push the club forward step up and take over... I am sure if he departed there would be someone come forward . No one will show interest in doing this while he is here as they will know you cannot negotiate with him . At the moment he is sat happy as the virtual owner of a league club that costs him nothing every year.
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, September 4, 2018, 9:50am; Reply: 82
I was told recently that the American Consortium deal fell through because Fenty placed a stipulation in that he would stay as a paid Director at the club and the Americans wanted a clean sweep and to run it themselves.

I don't know how true it is but this person does have connections with the club.
Posted by: Bigdog, September 4, 2018, 11:41am; Reply: 83
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner
I was told recently that the American Consortium deal fell through because Fenty placed a stipulation in that he would stay as a paid Director at the club and the Americans wanted a clean sweep and to run it themselves.

I don't know how true it is but this person does have connections with the club.

I heard something similar too a good while back, unpaid not paid though, but the breakdown in talks was dressed up at the Fan's Forum as the club insisting on fan representation on the board instead (without consulting the fans by the way).
Posted by: Ipswin, September 4, 2018, 11:57am; Reply: 84
Quoted from Bigdog

I heard something similar too a good while back, unpaid not paid though, but the breakdown in talks was dressed up at the Fan's Forum as the club insisting on fan representation on the board instead (without consulting the fans by the way).

If I recall it was not about fan representation on the board but simply about fans retaining shares. The Americans allegedly wanted 100% of all shares
Posted by: Cloudy, September 4, 2018, 12:01pm; Reply: 85
Quoted from Ipswin

If I recall it was not about fan representation on the board but simply about fans retaining shares. The Americans allegedly wanted 100% of all shares

That is interesting.

Wouldnt that decision be down to the individual shareholders? i.e. if they wanted to sell?
Posted by: Bigdog, September 4, 2018, 12:20pm; Reply: 86
Quoted from Ipswin

I stand corrected Swin..
Posted by: dicko995, September 4, 2018, 12:36pm; Reply: 87
Ive just come on to read about Ben Pringle,and as usual with the forum, it goes astray leading to slanging matches between you lot on completely different topics. Why cant we just stick to the topic title and discuss solely that. Nearly every bloody topic is turned into something else other than the intention of what it should be. Don't care about red crosses, its always expected on here now, just wish u lot would stick to the topic stated, end of rant.
Posted by: Father Christmas, September 4, 2018, 12:51pm; Reply: 88
Quoted from dicko995
Ive just come on to read about Ben Pringle,and as usual with the forum, it goes astray leading to slanging matches between you lot on completely different topics. Why cant we just stick to the topic title and discuss solely that. Nearly every bloody topic is turned into something else other than the intention of what it should be. Don't care about red crosses, its always expected on here now, just wish u lot would stick to the topic stated, end of rant.

If you class that as a rant you have never lived
Posted by: Cloudy, September 4, 2018, 1:18pm; Reply: 89
Quoted from dicko995

Could you please keep on topic
Posted by: golfer, September 4, 2018, 1:33pm; Reply: 90
Quoted from Cloudy

That is interesting.

Wouldnt that decision be down to the individual shareholders? i.e. if they wanted to sell?

No.  If a "drag along" applies they can be forced to sell.
Posted by: Maringer, September 4, 2018, 1:41pm; Reply: 91
Why would an 'American consortium' which to buy GTFC wholesale? We might be cheap, but there is no money to be made here - unless they were planning to franchise the club out somewhere. Sounds like a load of nonsense to me.
Posted by: golfer, September 4, 2018, 1:58pm; Reply: 92
Quoted from Maringer
Why would an 'American consortium' which to buy GTFC wholesale? We might be cheap, but there is no money to be made here - unless they were planning to franchise the club out somewhere. Sounds like a load of nonsense to me.

Sounds like shite to me or was it Trump ?
Posted by: Maringer, September 4, 2018, 2:14pm; Reply: 93
A new Trump Tower on the site of BP and bulldozering the Fitties to make way for a new golf resort. Sounds as coherent a plan as some of the others we've seen.  :)
Posted by: Grim74, September 4, 2018, 2:25pm; Reply: 94
Quoted from Maringer
A new Trump Tower on the site of BP and bulldozering the Fitties to make way for a new golf resort. Sounds as coherent a plan as some of the others we've seen.  :)

If Trump was involved it would be built already.
Posted by: RoboCod, September 4, 2018, 2:34pm; Reply: 95
Quoted from Grim74

If Trump was involved it would be built (with Russian mob money) already.

Posted by: grimsby pete, September 4, 2018, 2:36pm; Reply: 96
Quoted from dicko995

Your knee no better Dicko ?
Posted by: Grim74, September 4, 2018, 2:37pm; Reply: 97
Quoted from RoboCod

I wish we had some Russian mob money good enough for the Clintons good enough for the Fenty’s. ;)
Posted by: Cloudy, September 4, 2018, 2:37pm; Reply: 98
Quoted from golfer

No.  If a "drag along" applies they can be forced to sell.

Would a majority have to agree though? I thought Fenty owned approx 42% of the shares?
If 58% were asked, and agreed, would he have to sell too?

It is hyperthetical I know and it is not something i know anything about
Posted by: Bigdog, September 4, 2018, 2:43pm; Reply: 99
Quoted from Cloudy

Would a majority have to agree though? I thought Fenty owned approx 42% of the shares?
If 58% were asked, and agreed, would he have to sell too?

It is hyperthetical I know and it is not something i know anything about

I'm pretty sure that only just above 80% of GTFC shareholders are (ahem) "still breathing air on this planet" and able to vote, which means in effect that the 42% is a majority stake..
Posted by: Maringer, September 4, 2018, 3:04pm; Reply: 100
Quoted from Grim74

If Trump was involved it would be built already.

Yep, he'd have bribed the local council and set his paid flunkies to harrass anybody who didn't want to sell up as well as making false accusations and spurious legal claims. Whaddaguy, eh?
Posted by: Grim74, September 4, 2018, 3:18pm; Reply: 101
Quoted from Maringer

Yep, he'd have bribed the local council and set his paid flunkies to harrass anybody who didn't want to sell up as well as making false accusations and spurious legal claims. Whaddaguy, eh?

Yeah he’d suffered false accusations and be slandered by the left, but guess what what he’d get the job done and we’d have a spanking new stadium to be proud of. Hypothetically speaking.
Posted by: Maringer, September 4, 2018, 3:45pm; Reply: 102
Reading up, I see that I was actually wrong about the local council. They turned down the plans so he went upstairs and got the Scottish Government to authorise them. The bit about the flunkies, false accusations and spurious legal claims stands. It's how he's run his whole business over the years. Only half a dozen bankruptcies to mention along the way, so he's done alright, I suppose.
Posted by: oldun, September 4, 2018, 4:41pm; Reply: 103
False news
Posted by: golfer, September 4, 2018, 5:19pm; Reply: 104
If I was Trump I would buy B.P. and put J.S.F. as manager,ball boy and press officer just to see your faces. If I turned The Fitties into a golf club I wouldn't let any of you play [Father Christmas excepted ] so we would have to play with ourselves
Posted by: MuddyWaters, September 4, 2018, 5:25pm; Reply: 105
Quoted from golfer
If I was Trump I would buy B.P. and put J.S.F. as manager,ball boy and press officer just to see your faces. If I turned The Fitties into a golf club I wouldn't let any of you play [Father Christmas excepted ] so we would have to play with ourselves

Today's posts suggest you've been doing that a lot  ;)
Posted by: golfer, September 4, 2018, 5:29pm; Reply: 106
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Today's posts suggest you've been doing that a lot  ;)

With all the red crosses I have to because I haven't got any friends I used to have Bentley as a friend but I don't know where he's gone.
Posted by: grimsby pete, September 4, 2018, 5:45pm; Reply: 107
Quoted from Maringer

I thought he was going to build a wall and the Mexicans were going to pay for it,

So maybe he could get us a new stadium and Fenty will pay for it. ;)
Posted by: Garth, September 4, 2018, 5:50pm; Reply: 108
Quoted from grimsby pete

I thought he was going to build a wall and the Mexicans were going to pay for it,

So maybe he could get us a new stadium and Fenty will pay for it. ;)

Well we`ve  had the band already
Posted by: Father Christmas, September 4, 2018, 6:04pm; Reply: 109
Quoted from golfer

Not sure my handicap is any use on a golf course, maybe the club house.

Anyway I’m cheating the benefits system so can’t be seen swinging my putter around. At least not in public.
Posted by: golfer, September 4, 2018, 6:23pm; Reply: 110
P.S.  Who is Ben Pringle-if my mind serves me right didn't there used to be a thread about him somewhere ?
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 3:37pm