Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: lukeo, August 30, 2018, 10:32pm
Football related but not GTFC related..

I run a football team in the south west and we've just played a friendly. No word of a lie, we gave away a free kick, ref blew his whistle. Player picked it up so our keeper was lining up the wall the ref turned to their player and said "look at the keepers position, take a shot"...  So he did and scored. Our striker heard it and went crazy, ref sent him off for asking in a slightly aggressive manner if what he's just done is allowed and right. Once we all where told we where obviously angry, surely that is totally against fair play? Imagine that happening in the prem, the ref would be banned and fined heavily.
Posted by: blundellpork, August 30, 2018, 10:36pm; Reply: 1
Surely the advantage should be with the attacking team. You should be allowed to take the free kick immediately. It grinds my gears that you have to wait whilst the defending team sets up and some of the advantage is lost. That said, completely agree that the ref should be neutral and not egging on  either team.
Posted by: denni266, August 30, 2018, 10:37pm; Reply: 2
The ref should be reported   ,, and be banned...
Posted by: lukeo, August 30, 2018, 10:48pm; Reply: 3
I'm happy for a quick free kick and once we calmed down we said we should have been ready. It's the fact the ref said what he said, they wasn't even lining up to shoot.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 30, 2018, 11:39pm; Reply: 4
Sounds like an arseh0le
Posted by: Father Christmas, August 31, 2018, 7:18am; Reply: 5
Bullied as a child
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 31, 2018, 7:29am; Reply: 6

Why don't you try appealing the red card, you never know you might get the 3 game ban reduced to 2   ;)
Posted by: pizzzza, August 31, 2018, 7:43am; Reply: 7
Ahhh I remember the quick free kick, no longer seen in the professional game since refs started applying that flipping magic vanishing foam after awarding a free kick in range.

The ref clearly a sharp object in the OP's scenario.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, August 31, 2018, 8:09am; Reply: 8
It's a friendly. Who cares
Posted by: ivanosandwich, August 31, 2018, 9:16am; Reply: 9
Was it Atwell?

Maybe he thought the game was a bit dull and wanted to make it more interesting.
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, August 31, 2018, 11:25am; Reply: 10
As it was a friendly, was it a neutral ref, or one of the opposition standing in, as often happens in friendlies.
Posted by: Mendonca1995, August 31, 2018, 2:36pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from lukeo
Football related but not GTFC related..

I run a football team in the south west and we've just played a friendly. No word of a lie, we gave away a free kick, ref blew his whistle. Player picked it up so our keeper was lining up the wall the ref turned to their player and said "look at the keepers position, take a shot"...  So he did and scored. Our striker heard it and went crazy, ref sent him off for asking in a slightly aggressive manner if what he's just done is allowed and right. Once we all where told we where obviously angry, surely that is totally against fair play? Imagine that happening in the prem, the ref would be banned and fined heavily.

It wasn’t boyeson was it 😬
Posted by: lukeo, August 31, 2018, 8:42pm; Reply: 12
Neutral ref, the league Secretary organised him. I've emailed him and he's said it's terrible and must be reported to the fa.. I've emailed back asking just for a quiet word in his ear. He's an old chap, clearly been around a long time. Wouldn't want to be the person to put him into early retirement, seems to enjoy himself out on the pitch even if he doesn't leave the centre circle  ;D
Posted by: moosey_club, September 1, 2018, 2:41am; Reply: 13

Wasnt this fella was it by any chance was it ?

https://uk.video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=yfp-t-s&p=another+sunday+and+sweet+fa#id=2&vid=97004edbc3ecbd291014d6b65bf0c8c0&action=click
Posted by: 75 (Guest), September 1, 2018, 10:41am; Reply: 14
Can sort of understand why you're unhappy. But is it you, or your players? Some of them think they are playing in the FA Prem! I once had a player who through a bottle of lucozade at the ref, hit him on the head and wanted me to drive to Lincoln to appeal his ban!
Posted by: lukeo, September 1, 2018, 11:02am; Reply: 15
I was on the pitch at the time and tried to speak to the ref and ask him if what he said was true, he stuttered and tried to change his wording.. We lost fair and square, they was genuinely the best amateur team I've ever seen. But just that 1 thing really got under my skin. I'm all for good sportsmanship. I'm that annoying lad who will put my flag up for a goal if the opposition get the ball across the line and the ref isn't sure.
Print page generated: May 3, 2024, 5:29am