Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: arryarryarry, August 22, 2018, 7:58pm
I have it on good authority that the players were highly impressed by the number of fans and the support they gave last night considering the long distance on a Tuesday night and that some were boycotting the game.
Posted by: Mallyner, August 22, 2018, 8:12pm; Reply: 1
How can they fail to be impressed, most of them will never have seen such loyal and passionate support, backed by unique Grimsby humour before.  :)
Posted by: lee65, August 22, 2018, 9:35pm; Reply: 2
I can’t remember the exact lyrics, and even if I could I wouldn’t be allowed to write them ALL on here, but the song about “all we can see are empty seats” was classic  :)
Posted by: AndyDarloFC, August 22, 2018, 9:37pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from lee65
I can’t remember the exact lyrics, and even if I could I wouldn’t be allowed to write them ALL on here, but the song about “all we can see are empty seats” was classic  :)

After hearing this song regularly when we played at the Arena, it’s something along the lines of:
“They’re here, they’re there, they’re fooking everywhere, empty seats, empty seats” & repeat.
Posted by: lee65, August 22, 2018, 9:43pm; Reply: 4
That’s the one Andy, and a few fans I spoke to compared it to Darlington away over 10 years ago (was it Russell Slades first spell first game?) where I seem to recall only the ends were open?
Posted by: conscorner, August 22, 2018, 10:40pm; Reply: 5
Thought the drummer did a sterling job last night  - and a good buzz throughout the night in the Town end
Posted by: AndyDarloFC, August 22, 2018, 10:42pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from lee65
That’s the one Andy, and a few fans I spoke to compared it to Darlington away over 10 years ago (was it Russell Slades first spell first game?) where I seem to recall only the ends were open?

We always had 3 stands open, always had the North Stand (opposite the dugouts) unless we had the likes of Newcastle/Sunderland or playoff games to host.

So glad we’re out of it now, nothing but a nightmare to be in. Hope you lot never find yourselves in that situation.
Posted by: grimps, August 22, 2018, 10:44pm; Reply: 7
Well if they can pull a few wins together they want seen nothing yet
Posted by: A.l.f., August 23, 2018, 6:47am; Reply: 8
Yes i felt that something is starting to happen here.  The 'all in it together' feel good feeling is returning and the way the players clapped us for so long brought back memories of the bond we had with the players from the conference promotion squad.
May it continue to grow.
Town fans are ace!
Posted by: Orange_Sauce, August 23, 2018, 7:27am; Reply: 9
Quoted from A.l.f.
Yes i felt that something is starting to happen here.  The 'all in it together' feel good feeling is returning and the way the players clapped us for so long brought back memories of the bond we had with the players from the conference promotion squad.
May it continue to grow.
Town fans are ace!

Spot on, this is exactly what I said after the game - add the fact that a lot are on two year contracts, it helps to make it feel that we're all in it together and trying to build something here.
Posted by: crusty ole pie, August 23, 2018, 8:14am; Reply: 10
I had a Barnsley fan in my taxi the other=day and we got chatting about all the great matches we had in the 70/80s and he said “ do you know what mate ( in South Yorkshire accent) your fans are the best , where ever you go, your there in numbers a real credit to your club stuck by them during those dark days I wish you all the best of luck “
Posted by: Bignic69, August 23, 2018, 9:18am; Reply: 11
The Village Green game may have been a blessing in disguise, seems to have served as an early kick up the bottom and has galvanised the players somewhat.
Posted by: Limerick Mariner, August 23, 2018, 1:12pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Bignic69
The Village Green game may have been a blessing in disguise, seems to have served as an early kick up the bottom and has galvanised the players somewhat.

And demonstrated why 3-5-2 wasn't right for the players we have available?

Posted by: AndyDarloFC, August 23, 2018, 1:51pm; Reply: 13
Well you’ll have one extra for the game next Saturday. UTM
Posted by: rancido, August 23, 2018, 2:19pm; Reply: 14
Apart from the games at Wembley , Tuesdays trip to Milton Keynes was the first away match I've been to for over 30 years and I thoroughly enjoyed it.  The performance was good and the result, although disappointing in as much as we had the lead, ended up a very good point away from home.The fans were great, a credit to the club and the players showed their appreciation to the fans commitment. Got the bug now because I'm off to the away match at Bury. UTM
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 7:37pm