Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: jock dock tower, August 22, 2018, 7:37pm
I see reports about Lincoln this, Cowleys that and Akinde something other. Can we not just forget them and concentrate on ourselves for a change as we genuinely seem to have something exciting this season? Whilst we're at it, can we also include Scunny, Shrewsbury and Ipswich in that original request so it really is a Fishy site, and not some generic one?
Posted by: arryarryarry, August 22, 2018, 7:45pm; Reply: 1
I see Ipswich are struggling.☺️
Posted by: Cloudy, August 22, 2018, 8:11pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from jock dock tower
I see reports about Lincoln this, Cowleys that and Akinde something other. Can we not just forget them and concentrate on ourselves for a change as we genuinely seem to have something exciting this season? Whilst we're at it, can we also include Scunny, Shrewsbury and Ipswich in that original request so it really is a Fishy site, and not some generic one?

Fully agree, before you know it someone will be continually posting about Auchinleck Talbot FC ;)
Posted by: Stadium, August 22, 2018, 8:18pm; Reply: 3

Err it's a internet forum.
I don't think there are any rules around posting non Gtfc news ?
Btw Scunny are struggling.

Posted by: Gaffer58, August 22, 2018, 8:19pm; Reply: 4
It's a football site, if the subject matter is football then it can be discussed, obviously GTFC is the priority.
Posted by: Stadium, August 22, 2018, 8:23pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Gaffer58
It's a football site, if the subject matter is football then it can be discussed, obviously GTFC is the priority.

But the rules don't state football is the only subject that can be discussed.
Posted by: SteffiMariner, August 22, 2018, 8:28pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Stadium

But the rules don't state football is the only subject that can be discussed.

The rules don't matter, I've posted about breaking of rules and got told the constant weekly spamming is just a bit of harmless fun and if I don't like it I shouldn't read it. I'm not sure the same would be said if I posted a weekly picture of some bird in a lower league football top performing some sexual act mind. I'm sure if I used the "don't read it" line I'd still be banned.
Posted by: Stadium, August 22, 2018, 8:32pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from SteffiMariner

The rules don't matter, I've posted about breaking of rules and got told the constant weekly spamming is just a bit of harmless fun and if I don't like it I shouldn't read it. I'm not sure the same would be said if I posted a weekly picture of some bird in a lower league football top performing some sexual act mind. I'm sure if I used the "don't read it" line I'd still be banned.

When you quote spamming do you mean traffic to your personal email when signing up ?
Posted by: SteffiMariner, August 22, 2018, 8:36pm; Reply: 8
No spamming by linking a promotional website after every game...
Posted by: Croxton, August 22, 2018, 8:54pm; Reply: 9
Thanks for raising this issue. As a newbie poster last year I was puzzled by the extent of local rivalries and the pages devoted to Lincoln especially. I was a villager and delivered the G.E.T. as a young lad and looked forward to The Saturday Telegraph. In the school holidays, we visited relatives in Gainsborough, Lincoln, Scunthorpe, Grimsby and East Yorkshire. All my children are Yorkies. I find it difficult to get that concerned about our opponents whoever they are. Having said that , I have never been to Stevenage!
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, August 22, 2018, 9:36pm; Reply: 10

You are always going on about that amateur Scottish side aren't you? I don't think you have thought this through..

I don't mind who posts what, as long as it involves football. I particularly liked the thread last week about Luton Town myself.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, August 22, 2018, 10:04pm; Reply: 11
On the basis that we've had a excrement time for long enough, I'm quite happy to gloat in a Scunny 5-0 home defeat
Posted by: grimsby pete, August 22, 2018, 11:16pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from MuddyWaters
On the basis that we've had a excrement time for long enough, I'm quite happy to gloat in a Scunny 5-0 home defeat

I blame the ref  ;D
Posted by: LondonMariner43, August 22, 2018, 11:34pm; Reply: 13
Shrews will struggle this season
Posted by: somersetmariner, August 23, 2018, 3:18am; Reply: 14
Quoted from SteffiMariner

Mansfield shirt ?

Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, August 23, 2018, 9:42am; Reply: 15

This is a GTFC forum, most of the things you mention above are related to GTFC in some way whether that be ex-employees or rival clubs!
Posted by: jock dock tower, August 23, 2018, 10:39am; Reply: 16
I really asked for that! :)
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, August 23, 2018, 8:27pm; Reply: 17
Ironic that we play in Cleethorpes, not Grimsby (thread heading).
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 23, 2018, 10:28pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Ironic that we play in Cleethorpes, not Grimsby (thread heading).

And that Cleethorpes play in Grimsby, and even more so as the bit of Grimsby they play in is called Clee.
Print page generated: May 2, 2024, 12:45pm