Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: d3d4, August 19, 2018, 6:34pm
Hi all,

Thanks for your support on the recent pods and the questions sent in. Have a listen to our latest where we talk about Wes Thomas, the Lincoln game and take a couple of questions.

[url]http://d3d4football.com/d3d4-football-podcast-ep51-pass-the-asprin-please/[/url]

Hope you are enjoying it.

James
Posted by: moss_side_mariner, August 19, 2018, 7:35pm; Reply: 1
Surely that's Lincolnshire derby.
Posted by: SteffiMariner, August 19, 2018, 7:41pm; Reply: 2
Taken directly from the Forum rules:

LINKS/ADVERTISING.
No advertising or promotion statements are permitted in The Fishy message boards. The Fishy reserves the right to remove any message with promotional or advertising statements or links to other sites in it. The Fishy is not responsible for the content of any site that is linked within The Fishy's message boards.

Surely this is all this guy is doing? Please can the mods do something about this?
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, August 19, 2018, 8:14pm; Reply: 3
And the people who put up the links for the highlights on sky sports,  links to Grimsby live, and Lincoln vitals etc etc.
If ypu dont want to listen to the podcast dont'.  I don't but I don't begrudge .anybody who does.
Posted by: SteffiMariner, August 19, 2018, 9:06pm; Reply: 4
And the people who put up the links for the highlights on sky sports,  links to Grimsby live, and Lincoln vitals etc etc.
If ypu dont want to listen to the podcast dont'.  I don't but I don't begrudge .anybody who does.

But it's against the rules. You let one slip and you may as well not have any at all.
Posted by: Hagrid, August 19, 2018, 9:10pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from SteffiMariner

But it's against the rules. You let one slip and you may as well not have any at all.

Cmon mate dont be such a boy scout. The guys not doing any harm and the website and podcasts are really quite good. Dont like it dont listen to it :) hope this helps
Posted by: SteffiMariner, August 19, 2018, 9:29pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Hagrid

Cmon mate dont be such a boy scout. The guys not doing any harm and the website and podcasts are really quite good. Dont like it dont listen to it :) hope this helps

Fair enough, you;re a mod and your site, I just think you are setting a precedent here and you are going to potentially have trouble in the future if someone else does something similar and gets their posts removed, or someone else breaks a rule and gets punished. You shouldn't set rules and then not follow them through, you may as well not have the rules there in the first place. I also don't think you should pick and choose when a rule should be enforced, either. I might just be a grouchy twit but it's my opinion.
Posted by: hheh2, August 19, 2018, 10:20pm; Reply: 7

Fair enough, you;re a mod and your site, I just think you are setting a precedent here and you are going to potentially have trouble in the future if someone else does something similar and gets their posts removed, or someone else breaks a rule and gets punished. You shouldn't set rules and then not follow them through, you may as well not have the rules there in the first place. I also don't think you should pick and choose when a rule should be enforced, either. I might just be a grouchy twit but it's my opinion.

D3D4 are independent football fans, I think those rules are for outlets like the telegraph from advertising
Posted by: Mariner93er, August 19, 2018, 10:26pm; Reply: 8
Anyone who's willing to spend their time bringing attention to the lower leagues and gtfc is more than welcome to post as far as I'm concerned.
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, August 19, 2018, 10:54pm; Reply: 9
Thanks for posting, d3d4.  Good luck with the podcast.
Posted by: immariner, August 19, 2018, 11:22pm; Reply: 10

You're not just a grouchy twit.
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, August 19, 2018, 11:34pm; Reply: 11
I see where you are coming from Steffi, but there is a thing like the ' spirit ' of the rules.
Posted by: ginnywings, August 20, 2018, 12:13am; Reply: 12
I enjoy the D3D4 podcasts, and they are from genuine lower league footy fans. The lad got some unfair stick on here when he first appeared, but he has stuck at it without complaint. A football podcast regarding the bottom two divisions, posted on the website of a team playing in the bottom division. What a twit eh?
Print page generated: May 2, 2024, 6:55am