Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: 75 (Guest), August 19, 2018, 8:18am
Can anyone confirm the Coachhouse showed the Town game live yesterday please?

I've booked a table for tonight. If they are showing home games again then I will be cancelling the table as I will not frequent a pub that steals from GTFC for their own advancement.

Cheers
Posted by: realist, August 19, 2018, 8:52am; Reply: 1
Jumped up little hypocrite. You use ifollow yourself and offer advice to others on how to use it contrary to the efl rules but then propose a boycott of an establishment whose morals and standards are identical to your own.
Posted by: toontown, August 19, 2018, 8:57am; Reply: 2
The sugestions he offers do not take numbers off the home gate - it's totally different! Esp as the bbc showed town are more reliant on gate receipts than any team in league 2.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), August 19, 2018, 9:04am; Reply: 3
Quoted from realist
Jumped up little hypocrite. You use ifollow yourself and offer advice to others on how to use it contrary to the efl rules but then propose a boycott of an establishment whose morals and standards are identical to your own.

intercourse off mate, you're on every post I make with your crap. Okay, you don't like me, I don't care. I don't even know who you are. Okay hiding behind your keyboard.

I watch away games that I don't go to on Ifollow, I have a season ticket and I have done for years so shove it up your bottom.
Posted by: ginnywings, August 19, 2018, 9:06am; Reply: 4
I'd cancel regardless. The food there is awful.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), August 19, 2018, 9:08am; Reply: 5
Quoted from ginnywings

Haven't been for a while Ginny, it's my local really but I don't really drink midweek and go see Town on weekends. They won't be missing a lot of money from me!
Posted by: ginnywings, August 19, 2018, 9:10am; Reply: 6
It may have gotten better since i last went there for a family gathering, but i was not impressed at all. Hope your experience is better than mine.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), August 19, 2018, 9:13am; Reply: 7
Quoted from ginnywings
It may have gotten better since i last went there for a family gathering, but i was not impressed at all. Hope your experience is better than mine.

Cheers but according to several posts on Facebook, they did put the game on yesterday. I did have a few exchanges with them about a year ago about it and they agreed they wouldn't show home games as it could damage the club's attendances. It appears they've gone back on that so I've cancelled my booking. Okay, it won't bother them too much but there you go.
Posted by: LH, August 19, 2018, 9:19am; Reply: 8
They might have got around the agreement they had with the club because it kicked off at 1300 rather than 1500 yesterday. Either way it’s bad form to be putting it on live two or three miles from the ground when it hadn’t sold out/been broadcast.
Posted by: ginnywings, August 19, 2018, 9:25am; Reply: 9
Quoted from 75

Cheers but according to several posts on Facebook, they did put the game on yesterday. I did have a few exchanges with them about a year ago about it and they agreed they wouldn't show home games as it could damage the club's attendances. It appears they've gone back on that so I've cancelled my booking. Okay, it won't bother them too much but there you go.

Think your stance is correct. Even if they served the best food in town, i wouldn't frequent the place if they are doing that. I've been told by more than one person who works there that the owners are not very pleasant and not good to work for. They seem to be all about the profit margin it seems. Don't know if they are breaking any kind of rule showing live Town games, but it's poor form either way.
Posted by: realist, August 19, 2018, 9:48am; Reply: 10
Quoted from 75

intercourse off mate, you're on every post I make with your crap. Okay, you don't like me, I don't care. I don't even know who you are. Okay hiding behind your keyboard.

I watch away games that I don't go to on Ifollow, I have a season ticket and I have done for years so shove it up your bottom.

I dont know if I like you or not as we have never met. Are you not hiding behind a keyboard as well, as I have no idea who you are?  

Season ticket holder or not, you are as no better than those you criticise as you break the same rules but your standards dont apply to yourself.

Posted by: moosey_club, August 19, 2018, 9:49am; Reply: 11
Quoted from ginnywings

Think your stance is correct. Even if they served the best food in town, i wouldn't frequent the place if they are doing that. I've been told by more than one person who works there that the owners are not very pleasant and not good to work for. They seem to be all about the profit margin it seems. Don't know if they are breaking any kind of rule showing live Town games, but it's poor form either way.

On the flip side.....why was the game not broadcast after "live games outside of core times" has been publicised and promoted as a selling tool for iFollow ?  A subscription service the club actively promotes and pushes on its website.

Surely the club could have made the decision to broadcast the game, Friday/Saturday once ticket sales had peaked and perhaps earn extra income from matchpass sales from those that couldnt attend on the day ?

Devaluing the iFollow service i would say.

Posted by: promotion plaice, August 19, 2018, 4:02pm; Reply: 12

Confused.......will I be able to get the MK Dons away game on iFollow for £10 this Tuesday?

Posted by: 75 (Guest), August 19, 2018, 5:05pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from promotion plaice

Confused.......will I be able to get the MK Dons away game on iFollow for £10 this Tuesday?

I just logged into my account and it's available for £10 without having my VPN on. It's 6 euros with VPN turned on.
Posted by: supertown, August 19, 2018, 7:28pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from ginnywings

Food is the only decent thing about the place , screens are rubbish , sound is way too loud , beer is average both selection and price , acts on a Saturday are hit and miss and they recently reversed the decision to charge entry on a Saturday night except for their ‘premium’ acts when it backfired with the attendance
Posted by: oochiad, August 19, 2018, 11:38pm; Reply: 15
I sudscrides to ifollow but am unsure how to pay the £10. I have the app on my phone and thers no obvious way how to do it. Do you get an extra option if you use a laptop or PC? I really want to tune in as I can’t make Tuesday night so any help would be greatly received. UTM
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 20, 2018, 12:01am; Reply: 16
Quoted from oochiad
I sudscrides to ifollow but am unsure how to pay the £10. I have the app on my phone and thers no obvious way how to do it. Do you get an extra option if you use a laptop or PC? I really want to tune in as I can’t make Tuesday night so any help would be greatly received. UTM

I'm still finding out myself.......try going on the official GTFC website, then on the iFollow link and then next match, then buy a match pass.

Seems like you have to create an account then you can buy the match when available, I haven't gone that far yet   :)

Posted by: ginnywings, August 20, 2018, 12:17am; Reply: 17
Quoted from supertown

Food is the only decent thing about the place , screens are rubbish , sound is way too loud , beer is average both selection and price , acts on a Saturday are hit and miss and they recently reversed the decision to charge entry on a Saturday night except for their ‘premium’ acts when it backfired with the attendance

Must have got a new chef since i went in there then. Don't know about the rest of the place because it's not my kind of establishment. Only been for family things, and only to eat.
Posted by: oochiad, August 20, 2018, 3:18am; Reply: 18
Thanks PP, that seems to make sense, ZuTM!
Posted by: oochiad, August 20, 2018, 3:18am; Reply: 19
UTM!!
Print page generated: April 30, 2024, 12:38pm