Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: fleabag1970, August 18, 2018, 7:29pm
Those over paid players will soon suss out the Cowley bros ... I predict they will be gone before the end of the season ..... their school teacher approach will only get them so far .. they were urine poor today and they know it
Posted by: Marinerz93, August 18, 2018, 9:28pm; Reply: 1
Hopefully the officials will soon get fed up of their constant moaning and ban them too, pair of unsavoury southern tossers.
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), August 18, 2018, 9:34pm; Reply: 2
Embarrassing and totally unprofessional from both of them. Yelling at the 4th official at every given opportunity for the most petty things. Don’t know if anyone saw it but was nice to see Jolley walk into there technical area to shake Woggos hand as soon as Woggo came out. The contrast in interviews speaks volumes of the class which Jolley has compared to the Cowleys.
Posted by: mariner tommy, August 18, 2018, 9:46pm; Reply: 3
Me and my son sit behind the away dugout and all game the Cowleys never stopped moaning about everything, but in contrast, Jolley is totally professional ana calm in his approach to everything.

UTM
Posted by: HertsGTFC, August 18, 2018, 9:49pm; Reply: 4
Thought MJs interview and game plan exposed St Danny and Prince Nicky as the leary Southern w@nkers they are. When Danny Cowley enters “his” theatre at 2.30 ish today to run their warm up it reeked of ego and someone who wants to be the centre of attention. I have been suspicious since his Braintree days that Danny Cowley values PR above coaching ability.
Posted by: moosey_club, August 18, 2018, 9:52pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Thought MJs interview exposed St Danny and Prince Nicky as the leary Southern w@nkers they are. When Danny Cowley enters “his” theatre at 2.30 ish today to run their warm up it reeked of ego and someone who wants to be the centre of attention. I have been suspicious since his Braintree days that Danny Cowley values PR above coaching ability.

PR...doesnt he do that on the pitch like everyone else ?  ;)
Posted by: LH, August 18, 2018, 9:53pm; Reply: 6
Who would have guessed that two scruffy girl privates from Essex would be completely classless?
Posted by: Balthazar Bullitt, August 18, 2018, 9:57pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Thought MJs interview and game plan exposed St Danny and Prince Nicky as the leary Southern w@nkers they are. When Danny Cowley enters “his” theatre at 2.30 ish today to run their warm up it reeked of ego and someone who wants to be the centre of attention. I have been suspicious since his Braintree days that Danny Cowley values PR above coaching ability.

Pretty outrageous doing that as the second half was still going on  :K)
Posted by: HertsGTFC, August 18, 2018, 10:02pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from moosey_club

PR...doesnt he do that on the pitch like everyone else ?  ;)

🤔 now where have I heard that before?
Posted by: ginnywings, August 18, 2018, 11:27pm; Reply: 9
I appreciate why the Imp fans love the Cowleys but i honestly wouldn't want them here. I don't like them or their footballing philosophy. Someone said to me today that i wouldn't moan if Akinde was "winning" pens for us, but i would definitely not be happy about it. His gamesmanship summed up Lincoln and the Cowley way, and they are welcome to him, the oaf. I'm really glad we have a management team that respect the game and want it played in the right way. Jolley could have had a right go at the ref after the game, but chose not to. Class act.
Posted by: Tommy, August 19, 2018, 12:22am; Reply: 10
Cowley got away with it massively with the penalty today. His team were second best and he did nothing from the bench to change that. Then shut up shop when they equalised to hold onto their point.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, August 19, 2018, 9:21am; Reply: 11
Pair of moaning tosserrs who challenge everything to the officials even if it’s obviously not theirs .. play offs at best again you gimps
Posted by: Grim74, August 19, 2018, 9:56am; Reply: 12
You can only go so far with the conference hoof ball garbage they play I was pleased we didn’t appoint them.it looked like Jolley had them worked out and we totally outplayed them,
Posted by: RoboCod, August 19, 2018, 11:12am; Reply: 13
Quoted from dapperz fun pub
Pair of moaning tosserrs who challenge everything to the officials even if it’s obviously not theirs .. play offs at best again you gimps

It's a clever system in a way, 2 brothers, 1 in each ear of the 4th official the whole time, breaking him down over 90 minutes with a good cop/bad cop routine until he relents and gives them their way as long as they shut the f**k up..
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, August 19, 2018, 11:58am; Reply: 14
Quoted from RoboCod

It's a clever system in a way, 2 brothers, 1 in each ear of the 4th official the whole time, breaking him down over 90 minutes with a good cop/bad cop routine until he relents and gives them their way as long as they shut the f**k up..

They are definitely building a reputation for constantly whinging and I agree it's sort of working for now but I sense the officials are slowly getting sick of it
Posted by: barrattstandman, August 19, 2018, 12:16pm; Reply: 15
I feel really sorry for the fourth official nowadays. It's not just the Cowleys although they are probably the worst for a long time . At most games the fourth official has to withstand being berated for the ref not giving what they want  this can easily be solved by moving the dugout halfway down the pitch thus giving a good space between the  managers area and the fourth official. If they encroach out of it then they are likely to see the game out in the stands . Problem solved .
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, August 19, 2018, 12:23pm; Reply: 16
They are the teacher's
we all hated in our school days.
Posted by: tanga_the_indestructible, August 19, 2018, 12:34pm; Reply: 17
I think this is all a bit unfair on them TBH. I don't care much for their brand of football and their moaning at the fourth officials does them a huge disservice, but they've transformed Lincoln City, the team and the football club. Without them, none of their good fortune would have happened. You might not like how they've gone about it, but I know most Town fans would happily take a little of that fortune for our own club.

I'm happy we were more than matched them yesterday and it really felt like a huge leap for us from Jolley's first match in charge against the Imps. I don't think MJ has necessarily sussed them out; I suspect the Cowleys had less to go on than he did with them. It possibly gave Jolley a slight tactical advantage. I also think he's somewhat more tactically inventive than they are, in both good and potentially bad ways. We still have to play them at their place and I'd be amazed if they played that badly again.

You might not like them, but they deserve some respect for what they've achieved, even if what they've done was not necessarily a beautiful thing to watch.
Posted by: Cloudy, August 19, 2018, 12:47pm; Reply: 18
I think this is all a bit unfair on them TBH. I don't care much for their brand of football and their moaning at the fourth officials does them a huge disservice, but they've transformed Lincoln City, the team and the football club. Without them, none of their good fortune would have happened. You might not like how they've gone about it, but I know most Town fans would happily take a little of that fortune for our own club.

I'm happy we were more than matched them yesterday and it really felt like a huge leap for us from Jolley's first match in charge against the Imps. I don't think MJ has necessarily sussed them out; I suspect the Cowleys had less to go on than he did with them. It possibly gave Jolley a slight tactical advantage. I also think he's somewhat more tactically inventive than they are, in both good and potentially bad ways. We still have to play them at their place and I'd be amazed if they played that badly again.

You might not like them, but they deserve some respect for what they've achieved, even if what they've done was not necessarily a beautiful thing to watch.

Both the Cowley brothers were watching us pre season which I found very odd
Posted by: OllieGTFC, August 19, 2018, 1:24pm; Reply: 19
I heard all the players got  detentions 😏
Posted by: HertsGTFC, August 19, 2018, 1:29pm; Reply: 20

I’d not lose sight of the South African cash they walked into when they joined as well.

Yesterday their side looked like they’d lost a bit of the spirit that has worked well for them so far.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, August 19, 2018, 1:29pm; Reply: 21

They have done well without doubt, but wasn't this rule about sending managers to the stand designed to stop a lot of this chirping at the officials.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, August 19, 2018, 1:29pm; Reply: 22
Great, how can someone heap any praise on 2 people who. win things by cheating...They bought Akinde in knowing he has the ability to con refs into awarding penalties and the pair of them do nothing but whine constantly in the 4th officials ear and act like petulant school kids!!...I don't have and never will have anytime for the Cowleys.....MJ has done more in the community than these 2....how many fans have they gone to see personally when the fan is undergoing treatment or recovering from illness...Up your sir Danny and St Nicky!!!....
Posted by: Ipswin, August 19, 2018, 1:41pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Great, how can someone heap any praise on 2 people who. win things by cheating...They bought Akinde in knowing he has the ability to con refs into awarding penalties and the pair of them do nothing but whine constantly in the 4th officials ear and act like petulant school kids!!...I don't have and never will have anytime for the Cowleys.....MJ has done more in the community than these 2....how many fans have they gone to see personally when the fan is undergoing treatment or recovering from illness...Up your sir Danny and St Nicky!!!....

All depends on whether you want your team to win games and get promoted or not I suppose

Posted by: Maringer, August 19, 2018, 1:49pm; Reply: 24
Got to say, I never really felt that too many of their players yesterday were exactly trying to bust a gut to win the game. One or two were game and getting stuck in (no. 17, for example), but there was a lack of real commitment from some of the others.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, August 19, 2018, 2:15pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from Ipswin

All depends on whether you want your team to win games and get promoted or not I suppose

And, I suppose you jumped for joy when Maradonna punched the ball into the back of the net and knocked England out the world cup???....Sorry Swin, yes I want my team to win and be successful but I will never condone cheating, in any manner or form...
Posted by: AkindePen, August 19, 2018, 8:22pm; Reply: 26
Winning by cheating is the best way to win. In Cowleys we trust.
Posted by: psgmariner, August 19, 2018, 8:35pm; Reply: 27
Fantastic management team.

Achieved am amazing stuff at Briantree and have now revolutionised Lincoln. Put your bitterness to one side and give credit where’s it due.
Posted by: Helgy, August 19, 2018, 8:43pm; Reply: 28
Danny and Nicky have done loads of community stuff they sort of adopted a young Louth lad last season who had and lost every limb bar one due to meningitis and he was with the team at Wembley and a teenage lad with bone cancer walked the ball out.
Last season Nicky gave his jacket away to a down syndrome young lad sought him out in the crowd.
For me anything like this should be applauded.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, August 19, 2018, 8:48pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from Helgy
Danny and Nicky have done loads of community stuff they sort of adopted a young Louth lad last season who had and lost every limb bar one due to meningitis and he was with the team at Wembley and a teenage lad with bone cancer walked the ball out.
Last season Nicky gave his jacket away to a down syndrome young lad sought him out in the crowd.

Couldn’t agree more!
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, August 19, 2018, 8:55pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from Helgy

No problem with that any of that in fact it's fantastic but can you just tell them to stop moaning constantly during a match cheers
Posted by: Grantley, August 19, 2018, 10:27pm; Reply: 31
C’mon folks, let’s not be bitter. They’ve taken Lincoln from the bottom half of the Conference to the top of League 2 in 2 seasons, that’s a hell of an achievement. Sure, they got the 300k investment but that probably took their budget to a similar size of our Conference budgets. They won the league, got to the FA Cup Q-Finals and the FA Trophy semis too. Let’s be honest, most of the time they get their tactics right and they’ve generated a lot of money for Lincoln.

Now I’ve been nice, I will agree that he is smarmy, an egomaniac and a proper anus on the touch line :)
Posted by: ginnywings, August 19, 2018, 11:57pm; Reply: 32
I'm not knocking what they have achieved in any way, but the way they have achieved it, on the field at least. They may do wonderful things in the community, and good on them if they do.

One of the reasons we loved Buckley so much was not just because of he success he brought, but the way the team played proper football, the way it should be. Still some of the best football i have ever seen at any level.
Posted by: Yoda, August 20, 2018, 11:50am; Reply: 33
You’ve either got class or you have not.
Posted by: Les Brechin, August 20, 2018, 3:59pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from psgmariner
Fantastic management team.

Achieved am amazing stuff at Briantree and have now revolutionised Lincoln. Put your bitterness to one side and give credit where’s it due.

Who's this Brian Tree geezer?  :)
Posted by: diehardmariner, August 20, 2018, 4:51pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from Helgy

Regardless of how they act at the side of the pitch, which for the record I think is a bit embarrassing, the above shows a different side to them and should only be applauded.  

However, it just highlights how we've completely stagnated in recent years off the field.  To the best of my knowledge, Louth has always been a GTFC area.  We're improving beyond measure under Jolley with the PR stuff and community engagement stuff (or at least showcasing it) but we can't forget the potential fanbase that's not in front of our noses.  We've the Estuary to the North, the sea to the East so we need to make sure we tap into as much as we can from the West and South of North East Lincolnshire.  
Posted by: malkamalka, August 20, 2018, 5:52pm; Reply: 36
Just an observation I made when watching Brighton v Manure yesterday. In the 2nd half, every time Maureen was shouting instructions to his players, the Brighton assistant stood as close to him as he could and shouted across him. Two or three times, the Moaning One was gesticulating towards the 4th official, but nothing happened. Could be a tactic, and maybe one of the Cowley's was bothering the 4th official to distract him? I'm not saying this is how it was, but you never know these days with the pressure on managers to win at some clubs!
Posted by: RoboCod, August 21, 2018, 12:14pm; Reply: 37
Speaking immediately after the game, Cowley said he would reserve judgement on the incidents until watching them back.
Now having done so, he felt the award of the penalty was correct and that Collins should have been red carded for a “reckless” challenge.

So Danny, your reserved judgement after reviewing Fatty Rheads slammed elbow to the throat of Henderson a few weeks back?

Danny? Err..DANNY?
Posted by: mariner91, August 21, 2018, 12:50pm; Reply: 38
I would say that it is probably a penalty, albeit a soft one which you would probably see not given as many times as it is. But for Cowley to claim that should be a red card is laughable considering this is a man who has employed Fatt Rhead.
Posted by: Cloudy, August 21, 2018, 1:07pm; Reply: 39
His comments regarding the red card relate to Collins challenge on McCartan on the half way line, NOT the penalty incident
Posted by: RoboCod, August 21, 2018, 1:12pm; Reply: 40
Yeah, one of those things in football I realise. Had I seen it on a live TV game I'd have thought PENALTY. I'd have then been dissuaded by the replay and tv pundits who pile in with the 'He's  been very clever there, the striker. He's made a back for the defender' comments . I believe that was the case here, personally,  but it's obviously not a hard and fast rule by any means.
Just Cowleys Wenger-vision that irritates.
Posted by: RoboCod, August 21, 2018, 1:15pm; Reply: 41
Should have put a bit more of the report, didn't intend to mix the two.

The Mariners were left aggrieved and felt experienced referee Carl Boyeson got the decision wrong.

Soon after, Collins poleaxed Shay McCartan with a heavy challenge, which saw the Town defender booked.

are the two separate incidents.
Print page generated: May 2, 2024, 9:41am