Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Doubled, August 15, 2018, 9:27pm
I think my ticket was checked 4 times last night as I went to my seat in the upper. The excuse given was they were practising for the big game on Saturday. If this happens on Saturday I can see huge problems with queues, especially at the top of the stairs. Did anyone else find this frustrating?
Also last night everyone had a ticket to be checked. Season ticket holders hand their ticket over, so make sure you take your book with you!!!
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 15, 2018, 10:06pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from Doubled
I think my ticket was checked 4 times last night as I went to my seat in the upper. The excuse given was they were practising for the big game on Saturday. If this happens on Saturday I can see huge problems with queues, especially at the top of the stairs. Did anyone else find this frustrating?
Also last night everyone had a ticket to be checked. Season ticket holders hand their ticket over, so make sure you take your book with you!!!

Maybe that's why it was checked 4 times - it'll be 4 times the crowd  ;)
Posted by: Grantley, August 15, 2018, 10:29pm; Reply: 2
Was told this at the FGR game. Went downstairs to the toilet and was asked for my ticket. I’m one who doesn’t carry my season ticket book with me. Why is this a problem now? And how would you get in in the first place if you didn’t have a ticket?
Posted by: Chrisblor, August 15, 2018, 11:21pm; Reply: 3
Another Nick Dale masterclass 👏
Posted by: diehardmariner, August 16, 2018, 8:12am; Reply: 4
Didn't check my ticket in the Main Stand but surely to god if you've checked the tickets on the point of entry, i.e the turnstile and then have proper security provision in place to make sure no-one can transfer through undetected, there should be no need for any tickets to be checked unless someone raises a concern (someone sat in my seat type).

Doesn't really do much for the customer experience does it?
Posted by: GYinScuntland, August 16, 2018, 8:42am; Reply: 5
So are ST holders now expected to carry their book of a full season's future games with them.
Sods law says at least more than a few will lose them at some time.
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 16, 2018, 8:50am; Reply: 6

At least while they're busy checking tickets they won't notice the flasks being brought in on Saturday, hip flasks  😁
Posted by: denni266, August 16, 2018, 9:37am; Reply: 7
Mine was checked outside  and at the turnstile and at top of stairs.. two folk in front of me asked why and was told that some with pontoon tickets had tried to get in to the upper findus ?
Posted by: Cloudy, August 16, 2018, 9:52am; Reply: 8
Quoted from denni266
Mine was checked outside  and at the turnstile and at top of stairs.. two folk in front of me asked why and was told that some with pontoon tickets had tried to get in to the upper findus ?

That was the reason i was given. Some had bought the cheaper tickets £19) and tried to get in the so called 'premium seating' £21!!

Cannot have the product being devalued!!
Posted by: moosey_club, August 16, 2018, 10:29am; Reply: 9
Also believe that smokers will be in for a rude awakening on Saturday as smoking will only be permitted at half time ......i think currently smokers  can have a ciggy pre match in the smoking area ....  but new signs on display and orders issued to stewards means this will no longer be allowed and its strictly half time smoking only... this was started to be rolled on Tues night in the Pontoon at least from what i have heard.

..biggest game of the season coming up and thats three potential items being introduced which could cause confusion/delay/confrontation which have been discovered on Tues;

No TV in the trust bar during the game
Additional & numerous ticket checks
smoking restrictions

Wheres the SLO when you need him ?  

Posted by: Civvy at last, August 16, 2018, 11:21am; Reply: 10
Quoted from moosey_club

Wheres the SLO when you need him ?  

I think I know, but you may need a torch  ;)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 17, 2018, 12:03am; Reply: 11
Quoted from Civvy at last

I think I know, but you may need a torch  ;)

Are you saying he's training to be a proctologist?
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 1:52am