Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: GrimRob, August 15, 2018, 3:18pm
In case anyone is interested

Hi There I am hoping you can help. Hotel Cromwell is a 4 star hotel less than a 10 min drive to Stevenage FC. If any of your fans attending the match wish to stay we can offer a reduced rate of just £50 B&B Fri or Sat night or 2 nights at £90 B&B double occupancy. Single would be just £40 B&B Fri or Sat or £70 B&B for 2 nights. If anyone wishes to book please email gm@cromwellstevenage.co.uk and quote Stevenage FC Offer in the subject.
Posted by: ivanosandwich, August 15, 2018, 3:33pm; Reply: 1
Will we have to show our bras to gain entry to the hotel?
Posted by: denni266, August 15, 2018, 6:27pm; Reply: 2
How much just to get a few hours sleep. .do they all drive porsches down there and wear masks lol
Posted by: Mallyner, August 15, 2018, 6:35pm; Reply: 3
If you have a sad life like me and watch the tv programme 4 in a bed, you will see that is a very reasonable rate, especially for the area.  :)
Posted by: HertsGTFC, August 15, 2018, 7:09pm; Reply: 4
The part of the Town around the ground and station is a dump, the Old Town if the weather is ok is a decent night out on a Friday/Saturday night. If you like a Ruby Spice Rouge is an excellent. Good rate for that hotel to be honest.
Posted by: Gaffer58, August 15, 2018, 7:23pm; Reply: 5
In some ways I was hoping that it would be a complete boycott of this game, but for those that go, cheer proud and loud.
Posted by: MarinerRob, August 15, 2018, 8:16pm; Reply: 6
After the way we had been treated in the past I decided I would not be going. So that weekend I will enjoy my other hobby, riding roller coasters. I will fly out to Stockholm and then drive across to Gotherberg taking in three really great theme parks with world-class coasters. Far better than giving my money to Stevenage.
Posted by: GrimRob, August 15, 2018, 8:50pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from denni266
How much just to get a few hours sleep. .do they all drive porsches down there and wear masks lol

Make a weekend of it, see the sights of Stevenage and take in the game. Walk back to your hotel in the moonlight after sampling the finest ales without having to worry about driving home.

There's nothing more satisfying than the leisurely walk back to your b&b while everyone else heads for the Motorway or the East Coast Mainline.
Posted by: mariner91, August 15, 2018, 9:00pm; Reply: 8
Last season was disgraceful. I'm usually pretty laid back and relaxed about things but the way our fans were treated was nothing short of disgusting so I won't be going back to Stevenage any time soon. In fact, I hope I never have to, I hope they go back to non-league where their shitty little club belongs.
Posted by: Civvy at last, August 15, 2018, 9:05pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from GrimRob

Make a weekend of it, see the sights of Stevenage and take in the game. Walk back to your hotel in the moonlight after sampling the finest ales without having to worry about driving home.

There's nothing more satisfying than the leisurely walk back to your b&b while everyone else heads for the Motorway or the East Coast Mainline.

Apart from when you are stomping back to the hotel, having been subjected to absolutely disgusting treatment by the stewards and police at the ground you have just visited.
Not by any means the fault of this B&B whatsoever.  And the prices look extremely reasonable.
But from a supporters point of view I would love to see a totally empty away stand.
Posted by: chaos33, August 15, 2018, 9:06pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from GrimRob

If you've got a result!
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 15, 2018, 10:09pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from MarinerRob
After the way we had been treated in the past I decided I would not be going. So that weekend I will enjoy my other hobby, riding roller coasters. I will fly out to Stockholm and then drive across to Gotherberg taking in three really great theme parks with world-class coasters. Far better than giving my money to Stevenage.

And do a bit of scouting at the same time
Print page generated: May 1, 2024, 7:57pm