Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: towncryer, August 14, 2018, 11:54am
Around 12 Grimsby fans' due to appear in Lincoln magistrates court today charged with variable offences relating to last season's match in Lincoln.
Around 6 Lincoln fans appeared in court last week for the same incident all of whom were fined and given a 3 match ban (home games only) from Lincoln City FC.
Posted by: marinerdazza, August 14, 2018, 11:57am; Reply: 1
Did one of them steal an apostrophe?
Posted by: moosey_club, August 14, 2018, 12:02pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from towncryer
Around 12 Grimsby fans' due to appear in Lincoln magistrates court today charged with variable offences relating to last season's match in Lincoln.
Around 6 Lincoln fans appeared in court last week for the same incident all of whom were fined and given a 3 match ban (home games only) from Lincoln City FC.

3 match home ban ?!?!  Hardly a deterrent is it ?

Ours will get a full banning order for 2yrs i imagine.
Posted by: towncryer, August 14, 2018, 1:03pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from moosey_club

The police didn't apply for a banning order although the magistrates could of overruled them and imposed one.
Be interesting to see what happens to the Town fans as rumours are they came without tickets.
All of the Lincoln fans are still able to attend on Saturday and any other away game but will not be allowed to the next 3 home games.
Posted by: LH, August 14, 2018, 1:19pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from towncryer

The police didn't apply for a banning order although the magistrates could of overruled them and imposed one.
Be interesting to see what happens to the Town fans as rumours are they came without tickets.
All of the Lincoln fans are still able to attend on Saturday and any other away game but will not be allowed to the next 3 home games.

It’s not an offence to travel without a ticket. Otherwise the dozens of others who travel to Lincoln every weekend for shopping/drinking/visiting family could face prosecution.
Posted by: towncryer, August 14, 2018, 1:45pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from LH

It’s not an offence to travel without a ticket. Otherwise the dozens of others who travel to Lincoln every weekend for shopping/drinking/visiting family could face prosecution.

Not sure about that and maybe not if your not causing trouble but if your seen to be attacking a pub with opposing fans in it and you get arrested I reckon you'll need a pretty good solicitor.

Posted by: ska face, August 14, 2018, 1:48pm; Reply: 6
If they’re getting the same treatment as Ben Stokes today, I imagine they’ll all be let off, given £500 cash and a quick suck off the court usher on the way out.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, August 14, 2018, 1:56pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from moosey_club

Ours if punished properly will get a season ticket
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, August 14, 2018, 2:10pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

Ours if punished properly will get a season ticket

Won't that breach their human rights ?

Posted by: GrimRob, August 14, 2018, 2:14pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from ska face
If they’re getting the same treatment as Ben Stokes today, I imagine they’ll all be let off, given £500 cash and a quick suck off the court usher on the way out.

Unlikely. The judge will see them as football "scum" as opposed to a national "hero".
Posted by: nealeardleyscrossing, August 14, 2018, 2:23pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from LH

I would be amazed if people haven't seen the video, as it was taped by someone in a shop. I think the issue is that it looked like Lincoln fans defended themselves when attacked in a pub. Again, I am guessing but the Lincoln fans would have known there were more cameras than PC world have.

Although after a couple of minutes a load of younger Lincoln Fans arrived and then it went off properly from what I could see on the clips.

Posted by: realist, August 14, 2018, 2:27pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from GrimRob

Unlikely. The judge will see them as football "scum" as opposed to a national "hero".

But it wasn't a judge who acquitted Stokes but a jury. Surely any fans who can't go to a pub and game without kicking off are scum and deserved to be punished as such
Posted by: moosey_club, August 14, 2018, 2:27pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from towncryer

Not sure about that and maybe not if your not causing trouble but if your seen to be attacking a pub with opposing fans in it and you get arrested I reckon you'll need a pretty good solicitor.

well if its the ones who were posted on you tube a short while after the event...filmed from an upstairs window across the way (?) then i would be amazed if our end don't apply for a 2 yr banning order.  
There were actual punches thrown and at least a couple of them landed....people over here have got longer bans for less than that.
Posted by: nealeardleyscrossing, August 14, 2018, 2:30pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from moosey_club

well if its the ones who were posted on you tube a short while after the event...filmed from an upstairs window across the way (?) then i would be amazed if our end don't apply for a 2 yr banning order.  
There were actual punches thrown and at least a couple of them landed....people over here have got longer bans for less than that.

Yes thats the one I was referring too. Daft place to do it.

Posted by: towncryer, August 14, 2018, 2:51pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from moosey_club

Yes that is the main video used against them plus there are the polices own video plus a cctv camera right outside the magistrates court which I'm sure would of picked the whole incident up.
My apologies but it's Thursday I think and not today they are in court.
Posted by: LH, August 14, 2018, 3:01pm; Reply: 15

I would be amazed if people haven't seen the video, as it was taped by someone in a shop. I think the issue is that it looked like Lincoln fans defended themselves when attacked in a pub. Again, I am guessing but the Lincoln fans would have known there were more cameras than PC world have.

Although after a couple of minutes a load of younger Lincoln Fans arrived and then it went off properly from what I could see on the clips.

Not sure why you’ve quoted me in this? It is not an offence to travel to a place where a match is being played without a ticket. If they have commited offences whilst there they will be tried and punished for those offences rather than simply going there.
Posted by: Lincoln Mariner 56, August 14, 2018, 3:11pm; Reply: 16
Was informed by local Lincoln guy who is involved in this type of stuff that Grimsby fans getting done for more serious charge of afraid, reason being they travelled to Lincoln with match tickets but never went to the game, only sensible thing they did that day, and thus police determine that their sole purpose of attending was to cause trouble.

So looks like no argument for their defence.
Posted by: Ipswin, August 14, 2018, 3:28pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56
Was informed by local Lincoln guy who is involved in this type of stuff that Grimsby fans getting done for more serious charge of afraid, reason being they travelled to Lincoln with match tickets but never went to the game, only sensible thing they did that day, and thus police determine that their sole purpose of attending was to cause trouble.

So looks like no argument for their defence.

I assume you mean 'affray' rather than 'afraid'. Their intention not to visit the match will have no bearing on the offence although the prosecution may well try to guild the lily by inferring their presence in Lincoln was purely to get involved in violent acts

The offence is under section 3 of the Public Order Act 1986  'A person is guilty of affray if he uses or threatens unlawful violence towards another and his conduct is such as would cause a person of reasonable firmness present at the scene to fear for his personal safety.'

In other words virtually anyone getting involved in match day aggravation in a pub or in town or wherever is guilty of affray if some one is scared by their behaviour

Far from more serious I reckon its better than assault, ABH or GBH. If Ben Stokes can get off the Town lads should urine it!  ;)
Posted by: jock dock tower, August 14, 2018, 4:12pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from GrimRob

Same thing happened with Steven Gerrard. Very difficult to secure a conviction nowadays with the all encompassing celebrity culture we live in.

Posted by: Gaffer58, August 14, 2018, 4:20pm; Reply: 19
As said earlier, they will all be fined, given football banning orders of about 2 years, then GTFC will ban them for life. I do not agree with any football violence at all, it's a pity all supporters cannot attend games in peace, that would allow the clubs to spend more money on players etc and not on policing, but our fans for whatever reason seem to be more harshly dealt with their then fans is other clubs.
Posted by: coddy60, August 14, 2018, 6:38pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Ipswin

I assume you mean 'affray' rather than 'afraid'. Their intention not to visit the match will have no bearing on the offence although the prosecution may well try to guild the lily by inferring their presence in Lincoln was purely to get involved in violent acts

The offence is under section 3 of the Public Order Act 1986  'A person is guilty of affray if he uses or threatens unlawful violence towards another and his conduct is such as would cause a person of reasonable firmness present at the scene to fear for his personal safety.'

In other words virtually anyone getting involved in match day aggravation in a pub or in town or wherever is guilty of affray if some one is scared by their behaviour

Far from more serious I reckon its better than assault, ABH or GBH. If Ben Stokes can get off the Town lads should urine it!  ;)

I agree, he threw more punches alone than the entire"mob" present!
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, August 14, 2018, 8:37pm; Reply: 21

What absolute bollox Lincoln stormed out of the pub calling it on expecting Grimsby to run off they didn’t massively outnumbered , only write facts or don’t bother fella
Posted by: Grim up north, August 16, 2018, 5:55pm; Reply: 22
Fines and 3 year banning orders for Town lads. Bit harsh for most involved especially compared to the punishment given out to Lincoln for the same .
Posted by: moosey_club, August 16, 2018, 9:18pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from Grim up north
Fines and 3 year banning orders for Town lads. Bit harsh for most involved especially compared to the punishment given out to Lincoln for the same .

Think its more a case of being over lenient on Lincolns behalf as opposed to harsh on our side.

3 home games vs 3 yr banning order !!
Posted by: realist, August 17, 2018, 8:41am; Reply: 24
Should have been a lifetime ban. If you cant go to a match without kicking off it should be instant lifetime ban. Women and children about at the time. Disgusting.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, August 17, 2018, 9:58am; Reply: 25
Quoted from realist
Should have been a lifetime ban. If you cant go to a match without kicking off it should be instant lifetime ban. Women and children about at the time. Disgusting.

Here here!!....I watched a kid, about 10, absolute shite himself and was almost inconsolable he was that scared when the vale so called fans kicked off last season...disgusting that people think having a tear up is something that's naturally associated to football therefore it's almost acceptable, you'll never stop it I suppose but giving these imbecilic idiots a lifetime ban may just one or two think about the consequences of their actions..
Posted by: realist, August 17, 2018, 11:22am; Reply: 26
A total of 7 red crosses for speaking out against the thugs and saying children should not be traumatised by violence. There are some nasty people on the fishy
Posted by: Gaffer58, August 17, 2018, 4:30pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from realist
A total of 7 red crosses for speaking out against the thugs and saying children should not be traumatised by violence. There are some nasty people on the fishy

Probably didn't get the red X's by nasty people, just people who maybe thought that both sets of 'fans" were punished differently.
Posted by: VinnyGTFC, August 17, 2018, 4:48pm; Reply: 28
No sympathy for any of them only wish the Lincoln thugs got the same. Pathetic idiots that would excrement themselves if they actually had to face real life.
Posted by: Helgy, August 17, 2018, 6:06pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

What absolute bollox Lincoln stormed out of the pub calling it on expecting Grimsby to run off they didn’t massively outnumbered , only write facts or don’t bother fella

They would have hardly stormed out of the pub as they were over 60's  ;D
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, August 17, 2018, 6:42pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from Helgy

They were older LTE so what .. they mouthed it and it did nothing plus some where much younger but the silly old kunts should have stayed in the pub and that’s from one of yours 👍
Posted by: blackandwhitelaces, August 17, 2018, 6:51pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from Helgy

If they where over 60’s they should have known better embarrassing really,maybe a couple of beers to many and forgot their age for a few seconds last that what it looks like
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, August 17, 2018, 6:59pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from blackandwhitelaces

If they where over 60’s they should have known better embarrassing really,maybe a couple of beers to many and forgot their age for a few seconds last that what it looks like

let’s not switch this into younger blokes versus harmless old boys ..they were throwing punches they knew exactly what they were doing it just didn’t go to plan
Posted by: jock dock tower, August 17, 2018, 7:43pm; Reply: 33
Should confiscate their bus passes and zimmers as well.
Print page generated: April 26, 2024, 11:44am