Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: fleabag1970, August 8, 2018, 7:52pm
Mr Fenty now has his 3000  loyal servants he now has the money , along with the Dembele 100k to see the season out . He isn't gonna give a flying f what any of you lot think now ... exceptional PR JOB BY ALL CONCERNED .....
Posted by: Yoda, August 8, 2018, 8:06pm; Reply: 1
Totally agree loyal fans robbed again.!
Posted by: HertsGTFC, August 8, 2018, 8:30pm; Reply: 2
Clearly there's noting on the telly tonight........
Posted by: fleabag1970, August 8, 2018, 8:34pm; Reply: 3
You are wrong ...... repeats of time team are on
Posted by: lukeo, August 8, 2018, 8:34pm; Reply: 4
Go home flea,you're drunk. ;D
Posted by: fleabag1970, August 8, 2018, 8:37pm; Reply: 5
But ohhhh so factual
Posted by: Gainsbro_Mariner, August 8, 2018, 8:43pm; Reply: 6
Robbed again ? How ? We’ve lost 1 game ! Prior to Saturday everyone was bouncing around like we were promotion favourites, yes we lost poorly but it’s a learning curve for MJ and a new squad of players that in the most part looks like a solid bunch ? Yes we need to add a couple more here and there, but when did we come so defeatist so quickly ?

Also it’s not Fenty’s fault if players turn us down? He’s clearly sanctioning the transfer bids so he’s clearly willing to spend. Let’s be patient and give MJ the next 24 hours to find what players he wants and whatever happens then let’s be patient get behind the team and the club!
Posted by: MuddyWaters, August 8, 2018, 8:53pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Gainsbro_Mariner
Robbed again ? How ? We’ve lost 1 game ! Prior to Saturday everyone was bouncing around like we were promotion favourites, yes we lost poorly but it’s a learning curve for MJ and a new squad of players that in the most part looks like a solid bunch ? Yes we need to add a couple more here and there, but when did we come so defeatist so quickly ?

Also it’s not Fenty’s fault if players turn us down? He’s clearly sanctioning the transfer bids so he’s clearly willing to spend. Let’s be patient and give MJ the next 24 hours to find what players he wants and whatever happens then let’s be patient get behind the team and the club!

Then who has been running the club for the last 15 years? Oh yeah, ITV Digital. Look at our facilities, decrepit stadium, non-league training facilities, recent history.
Posted by: newarkmariner, August 8, 2018, 9:05pm; Reply: 8
i have kept my feelings about Saturday to myself, preferring to mull over the inept display from the team without going over the top or hitting every panic button and deciding to spout drivel because there are enough twits on here doing that already ,that was until now, until reading the absolute shite from the rightly named Fleebag, what a friggin tool you are , 1 loss and an average striker refusing to sign for us and its all JFs fault, you make nasty remarks with no foundations or proof ,when we have been bidding on players which actually proves the opposite, but hey lets not let facts get in the way of your poisonous bigoted opinion so give your bloody head a wobble or fookoff and support someone else you sharp object, and before anyone starts calling me blinkered or a friend off Fentys I am neither ,I am just someone who supports the club through thick and thin and someone who doesn't look to rip the club apart at every opportunity ,now red cross away.
Posted by: fleabag1970, August 8, 2018, 9:15pm; Reply: 9
Wow ..... I should contact a lawyer
Posted by: newarkmariner, August 8, 2018, 9:24pm; Reply: 10
no Fleebag just take a long walk off the pier
Posted by: fleabag1970, August 8, 2018, 9:27pm; Reply: 11
Just  for the record i shook John's hand after the notts county game ..... I like the bloke . He is a fantastic business man
Posted by: Gainsbro_Mariner, August 8, 2018, 9:28pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Then who has been running the club for the last 15 years? Oh yeah, ITV Digital. Look at our facilities, decrepit stadium, non-league training facilities, recent history.

Youre starting an age old argument there and you’re completely missing my point, which was to do with the summers preparations and the coming season. Meaning everyone was happy as a pig in excrement before Saturday, now we lost it’s back to having a dig at Fenty again. If we’d won on Saturday we’d not be discussing Fenty, if we’d signed Lee Angol, we’d not be talking about him either but it just seems to be the go to taboo subject when we either lose a game or don’t land a player who is supposed to be hot excrement. Now I’m no advocate of JF, but what’s the guy done wrong in the last few days ?
Posted by: fleabag1970, August 8, 2018, 9:29pm; Reply: 13
And  stop spelling my name wrong
Posted by: MuddyWaters, August 8, 2018, 9:43pm; Reply: 14

Youre starting an age old argument there and you’re completely missing my point, which was to do with the summers preparations and the coming season. Meaning everyone was happy as a pig in excrement before Saturday, now we lost it’s back to having a dig at Fenty again. If we’d won on Saturday we’d not be discussing Fenty, if we’d signed Lee Angol, we’d not be talking about him either but it just seems to be the go to taboo subject when we either lose a game or don’t land a player who is supposed to be hot excrement. Now I’m no advocate of JF, but what’s the guy done wrong in the last few days ?

It's an age old argument but that doesn't make it irrelevant. GTFC was a club with a proud history of over achievements, now we struggle to attract moderate footballers who see us as a poor option or, worse still, a soft opportunity. Let's face facts, we are a club that seems to struggle to stand still let alone make progress. It's not about what's gone wrong in the past few days, it's about the culture of failure and negativity that has become the norm. At Christmas, I will have been going to Blundell Park for 50 years, I would really love to see the club progress under MJ but the club has to change and a good start would be to treat the fans with a bit of respect rather than the current 'shut up and go away' mentality.
Posted by: fleabag1970, August 8, 2018, 9:43pm; Reply: 15
I also think MJ  is the right man to take town forward ..... but hey don't let that get in the way of the posters who can't read properly
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 8, 2018, 9:47pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Clearly there's noting on the telly tonight........

Is "Bargain Hunt" on tonight?   ;)

Posted by: fleabag1970, August 8, 2018, 9:48pm; Reply: 17
Its been crap since DD quit
Posted by: HertsGTFC, August 8, 2018, 10:00pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from MuddyWaters

It's an age old argument but that doesn't make it irrelevant. GTFC was a club with a proud history of over achievements, now we struggle to attract moderate footballers who see us as a poor option or, worse still, a soft opportunity. Let's face facts, we are a club that seems to struggle to stand still let alone make progress. It's not about what's gone wrong in the past few days, it's about the culture of failure and negativity that has become the norm. At Christmas, I will have been going to Blundell Park for 50 years, I would really love to see the club progress under MJ but the club has to change and a good start would be to treat the fans with a bit of respect rather than the current 'shut up and go away' mentality.

I share your frustration but I’m not sure where the fans have been treated with disrespect in recent weeks.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, August 8, 2018, 10:05pm; Reply: 19

You make a reasonable point but you cannot separate  Fentys tenure into the last few days.

We have had 16 or 17 years of absolute rubbish whilst he has been involved and sadly that is unlikely to change.

The minute we lose a game the emphasis is once again on the main man, because he pulls all the strings. That is not going to change unless something momentous happens. I think Fenty would only get any praise if we get to the Championship in "5 years." I wonder what the bookies odds are on that?
Posted by: MuddyWaters, August 8, 2018, 10:06pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I share your frustration but I’m not sure where the fans have been treated with disrespect in recent weeks.

Same point - it's not about now - the recent history has created a mutual lack of respect between club & fans. Many fans remain frustrated - no stadium, no progress, no 'hairs on the back of the neck' signings.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, August 9, 2018, 6:37am; Reply: 21
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Same point - it's not about now - the recent history has created a mutual lack of respect between club & fans. Many fans remain frustrated - no stadium, no progress, no 'hairs on the back of the neck' signings.

Surely it’s about now, you can’t change history, people bearing grudges about the past does us no good.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, August 9, 2018, 6:56am; Reply: 22
Ah so let`s have a pop at the 3k fans who have committed to buying season tickets to give the manager the best possible budget seen as we have already blamed everyone else........ :-/
Posted by: realist, August 9, 2018, 7:14am; Reply: 23
Quoted from 1mickylyons
Ah so let`s have a pop at the 3k fans who have committed to buying season tickets to give the manager the best possible budget seen as we have already blamed everyone else........ :-/

You keep trotting out this shite that you season ticket holders are helping the club in some special way when in fact you are doing very little. It is swallowed up in daily running costs. You would do the club more of a favour by buying individual tickets, the club would get more money.

Posted by: 1mickylyons, August 9, 2018, 7:21am; Reply: 24
Quoted from realist

You keep trotting out this shite that you season ticket holders are helping the club in some special way when in fact you are doing very little. It is swallowed up in daily running costs. You would do the club more of a favour by buying individual tickets, the club would get more money.

Well in that case where would the money for running costs come from if we had not coughed up? STH have lobbed £1M into the coffers before a ball was kicked at 5pm Saturday had you offered a refund it would stand at around £2.80 about what you pay for a pt of Bitter  ;)
Posted by: HertsGTFC, August 9, 2018, 9:07am; Reply: 25
Quoted from realist

That’s cobblers without stable season ticket income the club can’t establish a stable operating or playing budget. You can’t forecast based upon who might or might turn up on a Saturday afternoon.
Posted by: realist, August 9, 2018, 10:36am; Reply: 26
Quoted from HertsGTFC

That’s cobblers without stable season ticket income the club can’t establish a stable operating or playing budget. You can’t forecast based upon who might or might turn up on a Saturday afternoon.

Thats strange, just about every other business can. Why cant football clubs? Give the punters the right product and they will come

I could reasonably argue that things are so bad because of st holders. They have your cash regardless and don't have to put any effort in to get your repeat custom.  So you are the cause of a lot of the problems, not a cure as you would prefer to see yourselves
Posted by: monkeyboy, August 9, 2018, 11:07am; Reply: 27
LISTEN, it will be fine.  we will have a new stadium soon.
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 9, 2018, 11:15am; Reply: 28
Quoted from monkeyboy

Those proposed new tower blocks in Cleethorpes will be up and we'll still be talking about a new stadium.

Posted by: Ipswin, August 9, 2018, 11:32am; Reply: 29
Quoted from monkeyboy

The new ground, I refuse to call it a stadium, we're a 4th division club and stadiums,( or is it stadia?) are where they have dog racing, anyway it's dead in the water, has been for months that's why Fenty has been keeping his gob shut for so long. The NIMBYs have been quiet as have the council and that fly-by-night sounding lot who were supposed to be involved

It ain't gonna happen
Posted by: monkeyboy, August 9, 2018, 11:34am; Reply: 30
Quoted from Ipswin

The new ground, I refuse to call it a stadium, we're a 4th division club and stadiums,( or is it stadia?) are where they have dog racing, anyway it's dead in the water, has been for months that's why Fenty has been keeping his gob shut for so long. The NIMBYs have been quiet as have the council and that fly-by-night sounding lot who were supposed to be involved

It ain't gonna happen

I completely agree, think it was a false promise at the start really to get people spending at the club again based on hollow truths and false promises.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, August 9, 2018, 11:50am; Reply: 31
Quoted from realist

Thats strange, just about every other business can. Why cant football clubs? Give the punters the right product and they will come

I could reasonably argue that things are so bad because of st holders. They have your cash regardless and don't have to put any effort in to get your repeat custom.  So you are the cause of a lot of the problems, not a cure as  would prefer to see yourselves

No they don’t, businesses spend money on investment players, facilities, infrastructure in terms of a football club by using capital expenditure and not by taking money straight out of the day to day trading account.

Season ticket sales give a boost to cash flow and working capital that a few good gates could never match.  
Posted by: realist, August 9, 2018, 12:23pm; Reply: 32
So other businesses dont have large recurring expenditure to keep competitive. I have a 1,5 million upgrade due  which I managed to budget for even with most of my customers invoiced 90 days on account. I will need more larger investment next year. Far more than is being spent on new players and site mntnce. Plus I have to suffer major depreciation, there is never a Bogle type windfall A football club is absolutely no different apart from a few mugs  that think they are "doing ther bit" by paying upfront
Posted by: ska face, August 9, 2018, 12:26pm; Reply: 33
getyourfactsright disappears...realist pops up.

(perv)
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, August 9, 2018, 12:36pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from realist
So other businesses dont have large recurring expenditure to keep competitive. I have a 1,5 million upgrade due  which I managed to budget for even with most of my customers invoiced 90 days on account. I will need more larger investment next year. Far more than is being spent on new players and site mntnce. Plus I have to suffer major depreciation, there is never a Bogle type windfall A football club is absolutely no different apart from a few mugs  that think they are "doing ther bit" by paying upfront

Any business will have a core of "guaranteed" contracts, without these they rely on floating accounts which are greatly affected by market forces...so on GTFCs case, so once they look at the budget they have a pot of cash they can use, that being ST sales and sponsors who have paid upfront, so paying on the day doesn't generate an income stream that can be relied on because as I have said,  the factors involved in not getting people through the gates are infinite where as sponsorship and ST sales are upfront payments and puts a definite amount of cash in the bank...
Posted by: realist, August 9, 2018, 1:00pm; Reply: 35
Exactly my point the income stream can't be relied on  unless there is a cracking team and facilities.  If nobody paid upfront they would have to look after the fans a lot better. A better team and facilities would result in higher gates so everyone benefits. So the real cause of all the problems at gtfc are the seaon ticket holders
Posted by: ginnywings, August 9, 2018, 1:16pm; Reply: 36
Yeah but buying a season ticket for the Upper saves you £143 on the season, guarantees you a seat and first dibs at in demand tickets, so i suspect that is why most people buy one. Where's the harm in that?
Posted by: realist, August 9, 2018, 1:31pm; Reply: 37
None at all. Your money and you spend it as you see fit. I was just discussing a theory.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, August 9, 2018, 1:34pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from realist
None at all. Your money and you spend it as you see fit. I was just discussing a theory.

whilst saying 3k people are mugs for parting with it :-/
Posted by: realist, August 9, 2018, 1:36pm; Reply: 39
But it does make me wonder that if they had to work a lot harder for our money would we get less bad days like last Saturday?  Does the club really deserve such blind support?
Posted by: 1mickylyons, August 9, 2018, 1:41pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from realist
But it does make me wonder that if they had to work a lot harder for our money would we get less bad days like last Saturday?  Does the club really deserve such blind support?

Here you make a great point.I have raised this several times and you are most certainly right to challenge it and hopefully at some point we might get heard.We can only effect things we can change and assuming we still wish to attend the games and support the team/manager/club that means putting it formally through the correct channels.A good rant will only ever make you feel better it won`t change anything.
Posted by: ginnywings, August 9, 2018, 1:44pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from realist

I agree with you in principle, and i have not bought one myself this season, partly for the reasons you mention. If we are as bad again this year, i have the option to swerve some games, but if we do well, the club will get more money out of me over the season.
Posted by: realist, August 9, 2018, 1:47pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from 1mickylyons

whilst saying 3k people are mugs for parting with it :-/

In my opinion yes. But we live in a free society and you can do what you want within reason as I can say what I want within reason.
Posted by: mariner91, August 9, 2018, 1:57pm; Reply: 43
Quoted from realist

I could reasonably argue that things are so bad because of st holders. They have your cash regardless and don't have to put any effort in to get your repeat custom.  So you are the cause of a lot of the problems, not a cure as you would prefer to see yourselves

No. You couldn't.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, August 9, 2018, 4:32pm; Reply: 44
I'm afraid realist it's not about giving the club blind support, to me about supporting this club through thick and thin, the bad, the good and the ugly times and I can guarantee you one thing, if it wasn't for the STHs the gates at BP would never be over 2000, which directly affects all involved, from the bar, to the burger vans, programme sales and Mcdonalds(slightly tongue in cheek)..
With a season ticket in my back pocket I make sure I get there, would I feel I need to get my backside down there if not and maybe sit in my armchair, put radio Hullside on, crack a tinny open???....
So all I'm saying is, without STHs this club would be in a bigger mess than it is right now...
Posted by: Mendonca1995, August 9, 2018, 6:44pm; Reply: 45
Quoted from fleabag1970
Mr Fenty now has his 3000  loyal servants he now has the money , along with the Dembele 100k to see the season out . He isn't gonna give a flying f what any of you lot think now ... exceptional PR JOB BY ALL CONCERNED .....

Dembele 100 grand and the rest !!!
Posted by: Croxton, August 9, 2018, 9:35pm; Reply: 46
Chicken feed to GYFerrers. There would be more STHs but for work, family circumstances and exile travel issues.  A ST is just not viable for many. Far from being a mug or blind supporter I saw the opportunity to save a few quid on the £1100 I spent last year and took the plunge.  For the previous 60 years it was not an option.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 9, 2018, 9:58pm; Reply: 47
Quoted from realist

There aren't that many investments as risky as a footballer. For every Bogle there's several crocks.
Print page generated: April 19, 2024, 4:01am