Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Hannilowe, August 8, 2018, 2:07pm
Heard rumours about us enquiring for Aliou Badji. Currently playing in the top league in Sweden and ascored one of his first goals against Eskilstuna. What are people's thoughts? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aliou_Badji
Posted by: dicko995, August 8, 2018, 2:12pm; Reply: 1
Hes on a 4 year contract with 3 years left on it, would cost us a fair whack if the rumour is true, it worked for Fleetwood Mac  :)
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, August 8, 2018, 2:16pm; Reply: 2
Neve heard of him but I trust Jolley's judgement. We clearly need someone. In and if this is the guys MJ thinks fits the bill of what we're looking for then I'm all for it.

There's always a risk with someone coming from overseas but suppose there's a risk of some sorts with any player you sign.
Posted by: chaos33, August 8, 2018, 2:18pm; Reply: 3
Just reading around a bit....

Aged 20. Senegalese, playing for Djurgardens IF in the Allsvenskan. I reckon there are some good sides in that league and Djurgardens are currently 5th. Got a 4 year contract, 1 year in but seems not a regular starter. Could be exciting if there's anything in this.
Posted by: Ipswin, August 8, 2018, 2:21pm; Reply: 4
Sounds like he should be on the menu at an Indian
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 8, 2018, 2:22pm; Reply: 5

I really don't know what to think anymore, after last seasons great escape all the optimism I had for this season has been drained out of me already..........UTM
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, August 8, 2018, 2:25pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Hannilowe
Heard rumours about us enquiring for Aliou Badji. Currently playing in the top league in Sweden and ascored one of his first goals against Eskilstuna. What are people's thoughts? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aliou_Badji

Did you by any chance get this rumour from Hard Transfer News on twitter who posted this an hour ago

"Now it looks like #GTFC won’t be signing Lee Angle - the player simply doesn’t fancy it and is holding out for a big move to non-league with Salford - the #Marines attentions are shifting to new targets. #HARD #FACT"

And....

"Pepe Del Torro, a striker who came through the Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool youth systems and Aliou Badji, a Senegalese target man currently with Swedish side Djurgårdens IF #FACT #HARD #GTFC"
Posted by: Azimuth, August 8, 2018, 2:52pm; Reply: 7
Surprised no one has linked us with Tommy Orpington, highly rated before his injury apparently
Posted by: Abdul19, August 8, 2018, 3:00pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Azimuth
Surprised no one has linked us with Tommy Orpington, highly rated before his injury apparently

He'd be worth a punt, scored a load at County and deserves the step up imo
Posted by: Les Brechin, August 8, 2018, 3:00pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Azimuth

He'd never leave County though. Bit of a one club man like Matt Le Tissier is Tommy.  ;)
Posted by: MidnightMariner, August 8, 2018, 3:19pm; Reply: 10
Well i have it on good authority that Orpington is due to sign soon.
Got this from county's mascot Buzzer the bee !
Posted by: Azimuth, August 8, 2018, 3:33pm; Reply: 11
We need to learn the Tommy O song
Posted by: golfer, August 8, 2018, 3:45pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from promotion plaice

I really don't know what to think anymore, after last seasons great escape all the optimism I had for this season has been drained out of me already..........UTM

According to Adrian Chiles it is best to be a pessimist .If you expect Town to be shite and they are-like last Saturday-you wont be upset. But it hurts more if you are an optimist and they lose 4-1 at home. --Let's all be pessimists so if they lose -so what-it was expected-if they win we are over the moon. I expect Town to lose every match so I will never be upset.   Adrian Chiles you miserable bastad
Posted by: Posh Harry, August 8, 2018, 5:26pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from golfer

According to Adrian Chiles it is best to be a pessimist .If you expect Town to be shite and they are-like last Saturday-you wont be upset. But it hurts more if you are an optimist and they lose 4-1 at home. --Let's all be pessimists so if they lose -so what-it was expected-if they win we are over the moon. I expect Town to lose every match so I will never be upset.   Adrian Chiles you miserable bastad

So Adrian Chiles is actually Ipswin ?.

God that explains a lot 😊
Posted by: CodHead, August 8, 2018, 5:35pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Hannilowe

Robles 2.0
Posted by: ROKERITE, August 8, 2018, 5:44pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from MidnightMariner
Well i have it on good authority that Orpington is due to sign soon.
Got this from county's mascot Buzzer the bee !

As a non-Corrie watcher you had me off googling the bloke. Is it Notts or is it Stockport I wondered. It's a pity, he'd have been the perfect foil for Lee Angol.
Posted by: marinerdazza, August 8, 2018, 5:51pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from ROKERITE

As a non-Corrie watcher you had me off googling the bloke. Is it Notts or is it Stockport I wondered. It's a pity, he'd have been the perfect foil for Lee Angol.

Me too...

:B
Posted by: spartacus, August 8, 2018, 6:20pm; Reply: 17
I heard Leandro Somoza was close to signing from Vélez Sarsfield. I'll ask me nan to dust off her boots and Jolley could have a full banquet to choose from  ;D
Posted by: Saudimariner, August 8, 2018, 7:22pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Ipswin
Sounds like he should be on the menu at an Indian

Like his brother, Onion
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 8, 2018, 8:46pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Azimuth

Thought he was on the way to Bromley.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 8, 2018, 8:48pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from spartacus
I heard Leandro Somoza was close to signing from Vélez Sarsfield. I'll ask me nan to dust off her boots and Jolley could have a full banquet to choose from  ;D

I think Pat Rice and Tony Currie are more likely.
Print page generated: April 16, 2024, 3:11pm