Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, August 6, 2018, 9:14pm
Heard that we have enquired about the possibility of bringing him in.

Not sure how true it is, but believe Angol deal is still on going so we enquired today, so could be option B?
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, August 6, 2018, 9:26pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
Heard that we have enquired about the possibility of bringing him in.

Not sure how true it is, but believe Angol deal is still on going so we enquired today, so could be option B?

Without any substance to your claim I, at the moment, take it with a pinch of salt....
But, if there be any truth in it, personally I'd see van veenas as option A....proven goal scorer, nightmare for defenders, just doubts over his commitment and has trouble maintaining a decent level of fitness..
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, August 6, 2018, 9:28pm; Reply: 2
The person who told me has never really told me any transfer news before, so wasn't sure if to post or not, but thought I might aswell share, and if it turns out to be rubbish I apologise.

No point in being one of the regular posters on here who say we signing someone but then say no names of the player...
Posted by: Poojah, August 6, 2018, 9:37pm; Reply: 3
Two years to run on his contract and seemingly still wanted by Northampton who are reported to be fending off interest from League One and Dutch top flight clubs.

Seems unlikely he’d be interested in coming here, other than perhaps the fact that he has a place local-ish (assuming he ever lived in the Scunthorpe area).

Would be a terrific signing but not one I see happening.
Posted by: mr b, August 6, 2018, 9:39pm; Reply: 4
My work mate is a Northampton season ticket holder  says van Veen hasn’t wanted to be there since the day he signed has never looked interested he said he would welcome him gone to free up wages !
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, August 6, 2018, 9:42pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
The person who told me has never really told me any transfer news before, so wasn't sure if to post or not, but thought I might aswell share, and if it turns out to be rubbish I apologise.

No point in being one of the regular posters on here who say we signing someone but then say no names of the player...

No.need for apologies and I wasn't being personal, as you know and elude to, we hear this name, that name and after a while all we can do is wait and see for official statements, although I would say dialogue is going on with a few strikers and we do know for sure a deal has been tabled with Angol....just a waiting game now..
Posted by: 140381 (Guest), August 7, 2018, 9:42am; Reply: 6
We’ve more chance of signing David van Day.
Posted by: Tinymariner, August 7, 2018, 9:59am; Reply: 7
Quoted from 140381
We’ve more chance of signing David van Day.

If he makes his mind up!
Posted by: 140381 (Guest), August 7, 2018, 10:01am; Reply: 8
Quoted from Tinymariner

If he makes his mind up!

It's all about $$$$$$ at the end of the day.
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, August 7, 2018, 10:16am; Reply: 9
Quoted from Tinymariner

If he makes his mind up!

He's just been released by Butlins. I can't imagine he has too many offers.
Posted by: Les Brechin, August 7, 2018, 10:41am; Reply: 10
Quoted from Tinymariner

If he makes his mind up!

Wrong group!

Wasn't David Van Day in Dollar?
Posted by: Johnnyc66, August 7, 2018, 10:51am; Reply: 11
Quoted from Les Brechin

Wrong group!

Wasn't David Van Day in Dollar?

https://youtu.be/_6bL-yQ_ETY
Posted by: Les Brechin, August 7, 2018, 5:31pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Johnnyc66

Ah, I wasn't aware that he joined one of the many re-incarnations of Bucks Fizz.

It's not the sort of music I tend to follow.  ;D
Posted by: ROKERITE, August 7, 2018, 5:34pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Les Brechin

Ah, I wasn't aware that he joined one of the many re-incarnations of Bucks Fizz.

Well Van Day did like his hand held in black and white so he shouldn't mind the Grimsby shirt.

Posted by: Tinymariner, August 7, 2018, 8:23pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Les Brechin

What are saying about my taste in music Les?  ;D ;D
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 10:09pm