Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: MARINERSMAN22, August 6, 2018, 9:25am
One positive I feel is that Welsh has really bought a sense of stability to midfield. Can’t remember the last time we had someone tackling left right and centre
Posted by: 140381 (Guest), August 6, 2018, 9:26am; Reply: 1
He was in a tackle right in front of the main stand at around 30 minutes, where I thought he might have taken the other player's leg off completely. We all heard the sound  ??)
Posted by: chipsandgravy, August 6, 2018, 10:07am; Reply: 2
Quoted from 140381
He was in a tackle right in front of the main stand at around 30 minutes, where I thought he might have taken the other player's leg off completely. We all heard the sound  ??)

Surprised your heard through all the abuse😉
Posted by: mariner91, August 6, 2018, 10:12am; Reply: 3
Quoted from MARINERSMAN22
One positive I feel is that Welsh has really bought a sense of stability to midfield. Can’t remember the last time we had someone tackling left right and centre

Blimey. If letting in 4 at home is a "sense of stability" then I'd hate to see what happens when we don't have it.
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 6, 2018, 10:28am; Reply: 4
"Positives from Saturday"

When I left the ground after their 4th goal there was bus at the bus stop that enabled  me to make a quick get away. 😁
Posted by: Maringer, August 6, 2018, 11:14am; Reply: 5
Hessenthaler and Vernam looked lively when they came on. That's pretty much the only positive.
Posted by: 140381 (Guest), August 6, 2018, 11:16am; Reply: 6
Quoted from chipsandgravy

Surprised your heard through all the abuse😉

Have to admit I didn't hear any. Just a giant collective sigh.  
Posted by: dicko995, August 6, 2018, 11:25am; Reply: 7
I half expected to come to an empty page on this topic, ahem.   ;D
Posted by: MarinerMal, August 6, 2018, 11:53am; Reply: 8
Awful and concerning performance no doubt but it is still one game. MJ managed to turn around a squad full of Slade players with a dozen games left so I'm sure he can turnaround a squad of his own players with 45 games left.

Having said that MJ looked like he made errors today in team selection and formation.

He seems to like the 5-3-2 formation and I have nothing against it but if you are to play that formation you must have good wing backs and we quite clearly do not. Although on Saturday it wasn't all down to them.

During the first half FGR quite often tried to come through the middle but our 3 CB's with Rose and Welsh in front of them, we were able to cope with most of their attacks. The 2nd half, as they were totally controlling the midfield their full backs became more adventurous. So our WB's became more pushed back and having to deal with their wide midfielders as well as the advancing FB's. We were being pulled out of shape trying to deal with this.

MJ should have addressed these concern's earlier IMO but it's easy sat in the stands.

But he is still a young manager and I think a quick learner, he will address these issues and we will improve as the season goes on. We'll have to.
Posted by: Les Brechin, August 6, 2018, 1:22pm; Reply: 9
Mitch Rose can still take a bloody good penalty!
Posted by: sydney, August 6, 2018, 1:31pm; Reply: 10
There wasn’t a very big cue for Macclesfield tickets after the game 👍
Posted by: arryarryarry, August 6, 2018, 4:01pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from sydney

Perhaps Jolley had borrowed it to wack Collins and Hall-Johnson.
Posted by: Garth, August 6, 2018, 5:43pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from sydney

Thats chalked that off then
Posted by: golfer, August 6, 2018, 5:43pm; Reply: 13
Bovril still good but still far too expensive.
Posted by: Garth, August 6, 2018, 5:44pm; Reply: 14
Impossible to play worse
Posted by: TonySmith, August 6, 2018, 5:49pm; Reply: 15
One goal was a comedy of errors which will never happen again and another came from an underhit back pass, so even though Forest Green were definitely the better team, the final scoreline was not really a true reflection of the balance of play.
Posted by: spartacus, August 6, 2018, 5:51pm; Reply: 16
The pitch looked nice
Posted by: geir, August 6, 2018, 6:53pm; Reply: 17
Compared to last season we have to be glad we didn`t get any red cards!
Posted by: ginnywings, August 6, 2018, 7:43pm; Reply: 18
It was a League 2 game.
Print page generated: May 3, 2024, 11:07pm