Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Ipswin, August 4, 2018, 5:07pm
Today is the last straw Russell Slade has got to go I don't care how much Fenty rates him. Enough is enough

Can everyone please PM Fenty demanding Slade goes asap
Posted by: realist, August 4, 2018, 5:09pm; Reply: 1
Oh dear he has cracked. Get the straight jacket ready
Posted by: Ipswin, August 4, 2018, 5:11pm; Reply: 2
What do you mean 'cracked'? Slade is still the manager isn't he?

I just saw today's result and its obvious absolutely nothing has changed so I thought Russ was still the boss.
Posted by: OllieGTFC, August 4, 2018, 7:08pm; Reply: 3
Grow up
Posted by: Ipswin, August 4, 2018, 7:15pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from OllieGTFC
Grow up

flipping sorry I'm sure,

So you're the one who was happy with today's new look, all singing all dancing, outstanding, new broom performance ?

Posted by: OllieGTFC, August 4, 2018, 7:18pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Ipswin

flipping sorry I'm sure,

So you're the one who was happy with today's new look, all singing all dancing, outstanding, new broom performance ?

I never said it was very poor but it’s going to take time isn’t it ? No point going into meltdown on one game !! If we are bottom after 10 times then start worrying
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, August 4, 2018, 7:20pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Ipswin

flipping sorry I'm sure,

What did you make of today's performance then Ipswin?

What stood out for you in terms of positives and what needs to change?
Posted by: Ipswin, August 4, 2018, 7:25pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner

I thought it was shite what else can one say , I haven't seen any positive comments about it from anyone at all

I refer the honourable gentleman to my previous answer , nothing

A hell of a lot

What did you make of it?
Posted by: arryarryarry, August 4, 2018, 7:31pm; Reply: 8

There weren't any positives.
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, August 4, 2018, 8:17pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Ipswin

I thought it was shite what else can one say , I haven't seen any positive comments about it from anyone at all

I refer the honourable gentleman to my previous answer , nothing

A hell of a lot

What did you make of it?

I thought we were disjointed, lacked creativity and energy and the players clearly didn't play to the instructions of the management team.

I do however have faith that Jolley and Limbrick will address the issues raised today. And we will be be better team for it.
Posted by: Ipswin, August 4, 2018, 8:36pm; Reply: 10

I thought we were disjointed, lacked creativity and energy and the players clearly didn't play to the instructions of the management team.

I do however have faith that Jolley and Limbrick will address the issues raised today. And we will be be better team for it.

Firstly how do you know they didn't stick to the plan? It could be suggested by some (not me of course) that claiming the players didn't follow instructions is exactly what a manger might say after getting stuffed 1-4 at home

If we do not end up being a better team for it we really are in the shite

Posted by: RonMariner, August 4, 2018, 11:44pm; Reply: 11
We are all disappointed by today's shambles, but several posters on here are actually gloating about the situation. They seem delighted that we got hammered.

For whatever reason some poster have been on a crusade against Jolley and they seem to think that this one dreadful performance justifies their prejudice.  If appears they are pleased Town got thrashed, as this makes them feel they are somehow justified. Pathetic really. Why revel in the misfortune of the club you supposedly support?

There is no doubt whatsoever that Jolley turned things around at the end of last season. We were second in the form league over the last 6 games, That is fact, not opinion.  Why you would stick the knife so readily in someone that achieved that is beyond me.

If this terrible performance is repeated over time and it appears Jolley is unable to rectify the situation then it would be appropriate to question his suitability. But to talk about him going after one bad game? Crazy.    

Posted by: davmariner, August 4, 2018, 11:47pm; Reply: 12
If he stubbornly persists with this 3-5-2 when the players he’s brought in aren’t suitable for that system (as I explained in another thread) then Jolley will quickly find himself not so jolly.
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 6:37pm