Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, August 3, 2018, 12:42pm
The gift that keeps on giving!

Following the 3 stars on the Veggie Green debacle.... He's only gone and had a tattoo on the back of his neck of..... Yep you guessed it, 3 stars, only one of which is coloured in to mark promotion from non-league and the future promotions to come!

What an absolute arrogant turd of a man he is!! 😂😂

https://twitter.com/DaleVince/status/1025331627893903360?s=19
Posted by: CodHead, August 3, 2018, 12:47pm; Reply: 1
Did you have to bring him up?

We will be the ones laughing come the end of the season
Posted by: 140381 (Guest), August 3, 2018, 1:02pm; Reply: 2
He should have gone for one greyed out star on each bum cheek. It would have saved him a few quid.
Posted by: Gaffer58, August 3, 2018, 1:22pm; Reply: 3
With all them foreign supporters are we expecting them to bring additional numbers on Saturday, might be swelled to 80.
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, August 3, 2018, 1:32pm; Reply: 4
Numpty....
Posted by: Trawler, August 3, 2018, 1:39pm; Reply: 5
Looks like he's had a bad Amazon review.
Posted by: Balthazar Bullitt, August 3, 2018, 1:39pm; Reply: 6
Everyone loves a narcissist
Posted by: moosey_club, August 3, 2018, 1:40pm; Reply: 7
Love him or loathe him .... i can only see him continuing to bankroll them until he achieves what he says....not penny pinching on a daily basis.  
Wonder if he has loaned the money he has invested so far ?

Posted by: buckstown, August 3, 2018, 1:52pm; Reply: 8
Whatever people say about him I have a sneaking admiration for Vince. New Age traveller (note the political correction) with a set of strong values and beliefs which he's stuck to from day one. Made a very successful business out of his passion and used the dosh to fund FGR. Even to stuck to his principles with them when he could have easily caved in to the burger brigade.
When I win euromillions tonight most of it will be going to the Mariners Trust so it won't be much different. Other than the 125 years of history and tradition of course.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 3, 2018, 1:56pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from buckstown
Whatever people say about him I have a sneaking admiration for Vince. New Age traveller (note the political correction) with a set of strong values and beliefs which he's stuck to from day one. Made a very successful business out of his passion and used the dosh to fund FGR. Even to stuck to his principles with them when he could have easily caved in to the burger brigade.
When I win euromillions tonight most of it will be going to the Mariners Trust so it won't be much different. Other than the 125 years of history and tradition of course.

FGR are only 11 years younger than GTFC (140 years old this year).
Posted by: scrumble, August 3, 2018, 2:21pm; Reply: 10
So will Town shirts be having 16* stars on them next year?

*I'm sure a statto can tell me the actual number of promotions we've had
Posted by: Oaty, August 3, 2018, 2:28pm; Reply: 11
He will have to grey out the first one when they go down!
Posted by: moosey_club, August 3, 2018, 3:28pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Oaty
He will have to grey out the first one when they go down!

No...just change the meaning of the stars......each one symbolic of the number of STH's they have  ;D
Posted by: Ipswin, August 3, 2018, 3:42pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from scrumble

And one for every relegation?

We'd need bloody big shirts

Posted by: Rob_in_Grimsby, August 3, 2018, 4:24pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from scrumble

I think its 16 Relegations and 14 Promotions if Wiki is correct

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Grimsby_Town_F.C._seasons

Posted by: scrumble, August 3, 2018, 6:20pm; Reply: 15
Well we can make it 18 then. 1 for the Auto-windscreens cup and another for when we're promoted at the end of this season. #optimist
Posted by: LH, August 3, 2018, 10:09pm; Reply: 16
We could just have black and white star striped shirts to make it simpler.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, August 3, 2018, 10:15pm; Reply: 17
............................or a fish image
Posted by: toontown, August 4, 2018, 8:50am; Reply: 18
19 stars - one for the league group trophy we won against wimbledon (I think) back in the eighties. Musn't forget that triumph!
Posted by: Civvy at last, August 4, 2018, 9:07am; Reply: 19
Why stars ?  

We are Town. We should have fish symbols. Like the ones on the crest.

And while we’re grasping at straws. Can we have one for each time we’ve won the Lincs  cup ?!
Posted by: Father Christmas, August 4, 2018, 9:16am; Reply: 20
Quoted from Civvy at last
Why stars ?  

We are Town. We should have fish symbols. Like the ones on the crest.

And while we’re grasping at straws. Can we have one for each time we’ve won the Lincs  cup ?!

Twice
Posted by: 75 (Guest), August 4, 2018, 9:21am; Reply: 21
That Vince bloke is going to look like a right helmet when they finish 16th, with stars all over his neck the div. They are a glorified pub team playing at least four divisions above their natural level, the only players they will be able to attract will be mercenaries and they will pay through the nose for them.
Posted by: psgmariner, August 4, 2018, 9:30am; Reply: 22
Just been on radio 4. I missed it but even more prime publicity for them. I think it’s fair to say the gimmick has worked commercially.
Posted by: fishyfanny, August 4, 2018, 9:41am; Reply: 23
Quoted from toontown
19 stars - one for the league group trophy we won against wimbledon (I think) back in the eighties. Musn't forget that triumph!

Was that the Freight Rover Trophy? My memory is telling me that the final was at Blundell Park and we won 6-3.
The grey cells are failing me though ::)
Posted by: Posh Harry, August 4, 2018, 9:55am; Reply: 24
Quoted from fishyfanny

Was that the Freight Rover Trophy? My memory is telling me that the final was at Blundell Park and we won 6-3.

Didn’t we win something called the Inter Toto Cup, or similar, in the early 80’s? Might have been the Wimbledon thing. Seem to remember us playing one or two Italian teams in it?

Memory is shocking though to be fair. Alcohol has done for that over the years.

UTFM
Posted by: marinernige, August 4, 2018, 10:02am; Reply: 25
Think it was called ' the Group Cup ' and we won 3-2
Posted by: Les Brechin, August 4, 2018, 10:08am; Reply: 26
Quoted from fishyfanny

That 6-3 game was an away league game a couple of season. We were 1-0 down, then 6-1 up IIRC.

As Nige said, the Group Cup Final was at BP and we won it 3-2.
Posted by: jaygy, August 4, 2018, 10:56am; Reply: 27
Do we get a star for winning the Ibiza cup in the late 90’s?
Posted by: golfer, August 4, 2018, 11:54am; Reply: 28
Quoted from Posh Harry

Didn’t we win something called the Inter Toto Cup, or similar, in the early 80’s? Might have been the Wimbledon thing. Seem to remember us playing one or two Italian teams in it?

Memory is shocking though to be fair. Alcohol has done for that over the years.

UTFM

Was it in one of those games where their goalkeeper scored against Malcolm White our goalie or am I thinking of an earlier match ?
Posted by: Kris2, August 4, 2018, 1:28pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from 75
That Vince bloke is going to look like a right helmet when they finish 16th, with stars all over his neck the div. They are a glorified pub team playing at least four divisions above their natural level, the only players they will be able to attract will be mercenaries and they will pay through the nose for them.

It showed at the end of last season when we destroyed them at their place. Their players were already on their holidays and didn't care about playing for the club and fans to show their appreciation. We learned in the past how a team of mercenaries can really screw things up but buying your way out of the division works well when it does work out. As soon as things don't go well they'll stop caring though because they can just move on to the next pay cheque.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, August 4, 2018, 2:22pm; Reply: 30
I hope Dale Vince realises that some tattoo inks contain animal products. Very few are vegan. 😂😂😂
Posted by: Kris2, August 4, 2018, 2:41pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
I hope Dale Vince realises that some tattoo inks contain animal products. Very few are vegan. 😂😂😂

I doubt he's going to ruin his vegan street cred by getting it done by an artist using non vegan friendly inks. There are a whole range of inks that are and the artists tend to advertise the fact they use them.
Posted by: Posh Harry, August 4, 2018, 3:49pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from golfer

Was it in one of those games where their goalkeeper scored against Malcolm White our goalie or am I thinking of an earlier match ?

I think it must be earlier golfer. I’ve never heard of Malcolm white and I am nearly 50.
Posted by: golfer, August 4, 2018, 10:55pm; Reply: 33
Played for town 58-63--doesn't time fly ?
Posted by: Posh Harry, August 5, 2018, 5:01am; Reply: 34
Quoted from golfer
Played for town 58-63--doesn't time fly ?

It does mate, and days like yesterday can put years on you!!

UTFM
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, August 5, 2018, 5:33am; Reply: 35
WE WERE THE ONLY LAUGHING STOCK YESTERDAY.

Dale rightly or wrongly has assembled a big cracking team of better quality, better trained and better managed.

I was sat behind the dugout their manager was constantly screaming at the wingers to stay wide he had us worked out.

The midfield, wingers and wing backs tore us to shreds with skilful fast football played with neat passing and movement that terrified us.

At the back Gunning and co easily moped every stupid ball in the air and on the floor up, setting attack after attack up.

DALE PROBABLY SPENT A HELL OF A LOT MORE THAN US AND IT SHOWED.  :( :( :(
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, August 5, 2018, 6:30am; Reply: 36
Pains me to say it but I think they will be top end table wise , they had a game plan and the players to carry it out
Posted by: fishyfanny, August 5, 2018, 8:44am; Reply: 37
Quoted from Les Brechin

That 6-3 game was an away league game a couple of season. We were 1-0 down, then 6-1 up IIRC.

As Nige said, the Group Cup Final was at BP and we won it 3-2.

Too many beers over the years I guess.

Thanks Les
Posted by: Northbank Mariner, August 5, 2018, 9:34am; Reply: 38
Who's laughing now?....it certainly is not us!!...
Posted by: Stadium, August 5, 2018, 12:07pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from psgmariner
Just been on radio 4. I missed it but even more prime publicity for them. I think it’s fair to say the gimmick has worked commercially.

And on BBC television this morning.
Whatever you think of him he's miles ahead in the PR stakes compared with ourselves.
Posted by: Kris2, August 5, 2018, 12:23pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from Stadium

And on BBC television this morning.
Whatever you think of him he's miles ahead in the PR stakes compared with ourselves.

Unfortunately there is no eccentric businessman who will buy our club and throw endless pockets of money at it. Then again if we did they probably wouldn't be able to do anything like build a new stadium out of wicker or whatever. We have a local council who hates football until we win and wants the club to rot into the ground so they can build more housing on the ashes.  
Posted by: Yoda, August 5, 2018, 5:02pm; Reply: 41
Stale Mince will soon get bored of throwing 4 million a year and rising down the pan.
The same as Scunthorpe’s chairman has, his Mrs has pulled the purse strings in.
On the flip side i have never heard John Fenty come out with a positive statement.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 5, 2018, 10:20pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from Yoda
Stale Mince will soon get bored of throwing 4 million a year and rising down the pan.
The same as Scunthorpe’s chairman has, his Mrs has pulled the purse strings in.
On the flip side i have never heard John Fenty come out with a positive statement.

Don't think he will. It's not a pure vanity project. It's a big marketing and advertising scheme for his green energy business. Imagine the coverage it'll get if they get through to the Championship.
Posted by: Grimal, August 5, 2018, 10:58pm; Reply: 43
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Don't think he will. It's not a pure vanity project. It's a big marketing and advertising scheme for his green energy business. Imagine the coverage it'll get if they get through to the Championship.

Aswell as three stars on his neck. ;)

Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 2:39pm