Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, July 30, 2018, 12:12pm
http://forum.fgrfc.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=94142&start=60

Looks like FGR are struggling to get kit for Saturday, they have apparently been playing in Training Kit in pre season.

They may have ordered bio degradable kit, but it has degraded before they have worn it ?   ;D ;D ;D
Posted by: Mallyner, July 30, 2018, 1:15pm; Reply: 1
They will be even more unhappy, when the Lady Gaga tribute act i have booked, comes out at half time wearing a meat dress.  :)
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 30, 2018, 1:57pm; Reply: 2
I'm sure that whatever they're wearing, our old friend Mr Gunning will receive a warm welcome back to BP.
Posted by: Kris2, July 30, 2018, 2:07pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Les Brechin
I'm sure that whatever they're wearing, our old friend Mr Gunning will receive a warm welcome back to BP.

A look at what we are up against. I swear he has some form of autism https://youtu.be/ASDA44hNZ5s
Posted by: RichMariner, July 30, 2018, 2:31pm; Reply: 4
Maybe they can buy a few hi-viz jackets and draw some hoops across them with a permanent marker? Wouldn't look too far off what they'd wear anyway.
Posted by: Garth, July 30, 2018, 3:28pm; Reply: 5
Mad as a box of frogs, worst player that I`ve ever seen at BP, him and Bignot were like escapees from an asylum
Posted by: Grimsby2012, July 30, 2018, 4:02pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Kris2

A look at what we are up against. I swear he has some form of autism https://youtu.be/ASDA44hNZ5s

What does having Autism Spectrum have to do with it?
Posted by: CodHead, July 30, 2018, 4:57pm; Reply: 7
He's got ADHD
Posted by: Grimal, July 30, 2018, 5:02pm; Reply: 8
This is what a Veggie wrote on their forum ---He talking about Aberdeen, Sunderland and Bristol Rovers here, deluded or what   ;D ;D !!! -----
Re: DOIDGEY
by GreenMachine » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:43 pm
yeah like I said on the other thread, none of those teams are massively bigger than us to lure him away, so I think he’ll stay. Vince needs to hand him a 5 year contract asap, as the prospect of just having Ruben Reid doesn’t exactly whet the appetite.
Proud supporter of Forest Green. Love the team, hate the regime.
Posted by: scrumble, July 30, 2018, 10:23pm; Reply: 9
I've seen some balderdash posted on the fishy, but nothing that comes close to that
Posted by: SomeSanity, July 30, 2018, 10:31pm; Reply: 10
I heard that this was all a rushed deal by FGR. They were with Puma and they had to pay them out of their contract as DV forgot to inform Puma that they were not renewing and that that the deal rolled on for another year. They had already signed the Hummel deal. This tinpottery put off the other company they were in negotiations with regards a kit. Not sure who the other company was though.
Posted by: wigworld, July 30, 2018, 11:18pm; Reply: 11
They can wear that old pink third kit we let Port Vale borrow a few years ago.
Posted by: Poojah, July 30, 2018, 11:46pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from wigworld
They can wear that old pink third kit we let Port Vale borrow a few years ago.

Didn’t Sunderland once have to wear our pink kit from the early / mid-90s (Ciba-Geigy era)? Sure I remember that.
Posted by: Poojah, July 30, 2018, 11:59pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Poojah

Didn’t Sunderland once have to wear our pink kit from the early / mid-90s (Ciba-Geigy era)? Sure I remember that.

This is the one I was thinking of.

[img]https://footballshirthistory.weebly.com/uploads/4/9/0/7/49072191/2332767_orig.png[/img]

Incidentally, some nice depictions of our old kits here:

https://footballshirthistory.weebly.com/c---g/grimsby-town

Posted by: Grimsby2012, July 30, 2018, 11:59pm; Reply: 14
There are Some serious illegitimates on here.
Posted by: Tommy, July 31, 2018, 10:09am; Reply: 15
Yep, remember that Poojah. Think we beat them 2-0?

Remember being in the Main Stand as a young'un for it.

They didn't bring their away kit and wrongly assumed their red and white stripes wouldn't be deemed a kit clash.
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 31, 2018, 10:25am; Reply: 16
Quoted from Poojah

They did. I think it was the first time that Shaun Cunnington had come back since he left so it was good to see him in a Town shirt again, albeit one of the worst shirts in our history.
Posted by: diehardmariner, July 31, 2018, 10:31am; Reply: 17
Quoted from Les Brechin

They did. I think it was the first time that Shaun Cunnington had come back since he left so it was good to see him in a Town shirt again, albeit one of the worst shirts in our history.

And the Sunderland manager (Dennis Smith?) played him on the right wing!  
Posted by: CodHead, July 31, 2018, 4:02pm; Reply: 18
Thought Gunning being punched in the back of the head by Macca would have knocked some sense into him, clearly it made him worse
Posted by: gtfckyle, July 31, 2018, 4:09pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Poojah

This is the one I was thinking of.

[img]https://footballshirthistory.weebly.com/uploads/4/9/0/7/49072191/2332767_orig.png[/img]

Incidentally, some nice depictions of our old kits here:

https://footballshirthistory.weebly.com/c---g/grimsby-town

Good site that.. I love that Adidas 81/83 kit!!
Posted by: psgmariner, August 1, 2018, 9:37am; Reply: 20
It's arrived and it's hilarious:

https://www.fgr.co.uk/news/2018/fgr-reveal-new-hummel-kits

A star is printed above the player name to signify the club’s promotion to the Football League in 2017, with two stars greyed-out to represent the chairman Dale Vince’s ambition to reach the Championship in the coming seasons.
Posted by: LH, August 1, 2018, 9:38am; Reply: 21
Well I’ve seen some cringey things in football the last few years but I think FGR have topped it. Their kit will feature a star in celebration of their promotion to the football league and two greyed out stars to symbolise Dale Vince’s intention to take them to the Championship. No, really...

Posted by: nealeardleyscrossing, August 1, 2018, 10:02am; Reply: 22
Their arrogance is incredible.
I hope you absolutely smash them, I had a quick look at their message board regards their stupid star issue and waiting for championship football on 2k crowds, and they all seem to think they will win.

I think they will struggle again.
Posted by: 140381 (Guest), August 1, 2018, 10:13am; Reply: 23
Seems like a new variety of mushroom is on the menu at FGR.

Christ on a spring.
Posted by: ginnywings, August 1, 2018, 10:51am; Reply: 24
#WEAREFGR

Arrogant sharp objects.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 1, 2018, 11:44am; Reply: 25
The best comment on that thread was 'Gott in Hummel'.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 1, 2018, 11:45am; Reply: 26
Quoted from psgmariner
It's arrived and it's hilarious:

A star is printed above the player name to signify the club’s promotion to the Football League in 2017, with two stars greyed-out to represent the chairman Dale Vince’s ambition to reach the Championship in the coming seasons.

They forgot to mention a fourth star which is located on the back of the shorts to represent thearsehole who came up with that idea about the stars.
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, August 1, 2018, 11:59am; Reply: 27
What happens if/when they get relegated?

Another little gem in their press release was...

"The brand are responsible for some of the most iconic kits in football history and currently supply list for the Danish national team and Afghanistan national team".... Of yes that iconic footballing nation of Afghanistan!!

Also "The kit has the famous green and black hoops".... Those same 'famous' in green and black Hoops that they've only been using for 8 years? What about the 90 odd years they played in black and white stripes with red socks? Good to see them disregard their history so easily!

I see they've managed to team up with a brand that shares their helmet chairman's delusions of grandeur and arrogance beyond belief!

They are simply unsustainable of their gates, DV cannot prop them up forever! Can you imagine if FFP was introduced into L2... they'd be fooked!!

I've never like FG but this just makes me want to see them fail miserably even more.

I hope to god we smash them on Saturday and see that smug grin wiped off fatty Cooper's face, and they get relegated and disappear from existence!
Posted by: Abdul19, August 1, 2018, 1:33pm; Reply: 28
I think we should get a greyed out star in preparation for our maiden Champions League victory.
Posted by: mariner83, August 1, 2018, 2:35pm; Reply: 29
Worth a read for the comments

[tweet]1024623887743635457[/tweet]
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, August 1, 2018, 5:30pm; Reply: 30
Surely there must be some chants of twinkle twinkle little star on Saturday now
Posted by: MuddyWaters, August 1, 2018, 5:37pm; Reply: 31
What a bunch of jumped up Quorn munching t0$$ers!
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, August 1, 2018, 6:16pm; Reply: 32
Looks like being a lively baptism of fire from our fans this Saturday but I hope the team channel any anger or contempt to beating the vegan lovers where it matters on the field.
Posted by: Balthazar Bullitt, August 1, 2018, 6:53pm; Reply: 33
[tweet]1024641572665794566[/tweet]
Posted by: Tinymariner, August 1, 2018, 10:48pm; Reply: 34

Twinkle twinkle little star
Who the fck do you think you are....?
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, August 2, 2018, 2:20pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from Tinymariner

Twinkle twinkle little star
Who the fck do you think you are....?

That was exactly what I was thinking Tiny
Posted by: Kris2, August 2, 2018, 2:34pm; Reply: 36

Twinke,twinkle little star...

What a bunch of tw*ats you are

Just a stupid load of crap to give them the press. Their egotistical megalomaniac of a chairman needs to feed his ego.
Posted by: moosey_club, August 2, 2018, 2:55pm; Reply: 37
Haha,  looks to me like two stars have just fell off in the wash leaving a mark behind.

Posted by: Northbank Mariner, August 2, 2018, 6:54pm; Reply: 38
Think I've sussed it....the players are given stars based on whether they're good boys,....they all start with 1 on their shirt and if DV....or is that DiV?..thinks they don't need to be on the naughty step they get another star.....IF they get 3 he'll treat them to a quorn burger....that's tw@t gunning living on pizza chips, sucking his thumb wearing a wizards hat with a D on facing into the corner then!!!!
Posted by: Grimal, August 2, 2018, 7:16pm; Reply: 39
For a club that's preaching veggie where meat is off the menu, why would they follow the MacDonalds stars awards. They sure are making the club a laughing stock. Hope we stuff them on Saturday.
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 2, 2018, 9:57pm; Reply: 40

Forest Green Rovers have released a 2018-19 third kit because neither the home or away kits will be ready for this weekend’s first league fixture against Grimsby Town.

https://www.thekitman.co.uk/forest-green-rovers-2018-19-hummel-third-kit/
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, August 2, 2018, 11:51pm; Reply: 41
Must take a long time to stick all those stars on.😂😂😂
Posted by: psgmariner, August 3, 2018, 4:33pm; Reply: 42
One of the most read articles on bbc football site. Great publicity for them but very cringey.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 3, 2018, 5:33pm; Reply: 43
Quoted from promotion plaice

Forest Green Rovers have released a 2018-19 third kit because neither the home or away kits will be ready for this weekend’s first league fixture against Grimsby Town.

https://www.thekitman.co.uk/forest-green-rovers-2018-19-hummel-third-kit/

That's quite smart in that there's the minimum of shading/pattern/twotoneness
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 1:02pm