Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, July 29, 2018, 11:04pm
Just watched this on Channel 4, sure will be on catch up.

Interesting documentary about an artist spending last season at West Brom, interviewing and painting Tony Pulis, fans and players.

Captures how and why football clubs are so important to the fans.....a good watch!

UTM
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 29, 2018, 11:12pm; Reply: 1

Yeah a really good watch......just shows the power of football when the artist, a man that had never followed football...... towards the end got so emotional when West Brom scored a late winner against Spurs to give them a remote chance of staying up.
Posted by: Dogger Bank, July 30, 2018, 9:05am; Reply: 2
He was a great artist as well, interesting documentary about what happens at a professional football club.Would be good if GTFC had something like that, maybe sell the paintings to make money for the youth teams or give to charity.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, July 31, 2018, 10:42am; Reply: 3
I enjoyed the programme, something different on football.  

The WBC fans will be happier now because Conor Townsend has signed for them on a 3 year deal for an undisclosed fee.  Paul Hurst was after him but a bid of £250K was rejected by Scunny.  Ironically,  Hull also wanted him back after releasing him 2 years ago. Hull do get a 40% sell-on fee though.

Good luck to him as he tests himsellf in a higher division.  His quality stood out when he was here, even as a young player.  
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, July 31, 2018, 12:01pm; Reply: 4
Watched this last night.

Doesn't sound the most interesting, but it was very very good!

It was actually quiet an emotional watch at times, and found my self realising the love for football really is incredible.

Also the artist did some ridiculously good paintings that was revealed at the end.

I also gained a lot of respect for Pulis.

All in all, it was ace, and would love more similar stuff.
Print page generated: May 5, 2024, 4:08am