Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: 139847 (Guest), July 25, 2018, 11:43am
Is that our transfer business done or do we think a couple of new faces are still to come through the door?
Hopefully we might still get Ali Kolki from Burnley and maybe another striker, but wouldn't be massively shocked if that's it for our business...
Does anyone know if jolley has said if he intends to do any more business?
Posted by: jonnyboy82, July 25, 2018, 11:54am; Reply: 1
Kioki and a striker would be ideal but imo maybe send cardwell out on loan if we get another in as we seem to be overloaded there but still missing a real goal threat.
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, July 25, 2018, 12:00pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from 139847
Is that our transfer business done or do we think a couple of new faces are still to come through the door?
Hopefully we might still get Ali Kolki from Burnley and maybe another striker, but wouldn't be massively shocked if that's it for our business...
Does anyone know if jolley has said if he intends to do any more business?

Jolley said after the mat H last night that he'd still like to bring in a  couple more players before the deadline but wouldn't divulge namea/positions.

He did say they had to be the right players though.

I think we'll still see 2 or 3 more come in before the 9th.
Posted by: 139847 (Guest), July 25, 2018, 12:04pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Kioki and a striker would be ideal but imo maybe send cardwell out on loan if we get another in as we seem to be overloaded there but still missing a real goal threat.

Wouldn't say we're overloaded I would see cook and vernam playing a different role to hooper, cardwell etc, ideally keep hooper wide, play vernham or cook in behind a out and out striker.
Posted by: Cloudy, July 25, 2018, 12:17pm; Reply: 4
Certainly still trying for the marquee striker signing. Whether we get him or not is a different matter.

Also suggets some budget will be withheld for January to get the guys in from Sweden that MJ wants
Posted by: LondonMariner43, July 25, 2018, 12:34pm; Reply: 5
Does the window for loans and permanent signings end at the same time?
Posted by: jamesgtfc, July 25, 2018, 12:38pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from LondonMariner43
Does the window for loans and permanent signings end at the same time?

We can't sign someone on a permanent who is contracted to another club after 9th August but we can loan players up until 31st August. Anyone who is a free agent before the window slams shut on 9th August can be signed whenever.
Posted by: fiveallive, July 25, 2018, 1:20pm; Reply: 7
I would say Ali Koiki, another striker, cover at RB aswell. Another winger would top it off aswell. So another three or four but that might be me being greedy.
Posted by: Stew0_0, July 25, 2018, 1:33pm; Reply: 8
Think we have Hall Johnson and Clifton as right wing backs so covered there. Think just a striker and Ali Koiki and we are set. Like others have said perhaps Jolley is holding some funds back for the January transfer window as he said in the Q&A it may take a couple of windows to get the squad he wants.
Also if we get Koiki I would look to see us loan out Paul Dixon as he neither suits part of a central 3 nor a wing back
Posted by: LocalLadGTFC, July 25, 2018, 2:33pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Stew0_0
Think we have Hall Johnson and Clifton as right wing backs so covered there. Think just a striker and Ali Koiki and we are set. Like others have said perhaps Jolley is holding some funds back for the January transfer window as he said in the Q&A it may take a couple of windows to get the squad he wants.
Also if we get Koiki I would look to see us loan out Paul Dixon as he neither suits part of a central 3 nor a wing back

I understand after Dixon's performances last season that nobody would want him at the club, but personally I feel as if he could do at job at wing back. There is obviously a player there, you don't spend all your career at a much higher level and get capped for your country if you are a shocking footballer. He's looked a lot better during this pre season and i've been impressed with him when he's played
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, July 25, 2018, 2:39pm; Reply: 10
We've all seen the impact Slade/Wilko had on players' confidence and performance levels and how Jolley transformed some that most on here would have got rid of in a shot (Woolford/Hooper) so I see no reason why Dixon couldn't recapture form that has seen him play at a higher level.

We don't know if Jolley would have got rid had Dixon only been on a 1-ysar deal but we only have to look at Sam Kelly to know that he won't carry passengers that he doesn't think can contribute.

If ths gaffer has confidence that Dixon can do a job for us then he has my backing 100%!
Posted by: golfer, July 25, 2018, 5:40pm; Reply: 11
Everybody looked shite under Slade
Posted by: KingstonMariner, July 25, 2018, 6:36pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from golfer
Everybody looked shite under Slade

Even Fenty and that accountant are looking better since he's gone.  ;D
Posted by: KingstonMariner, July 25, 2018, 6:39pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC

I understand after Dixon's performances last season that nobody would want him at the club, but personally I feel as if he could do at job at wing back. There is obviously a player there, you don't spend all your career at a much higher level and get capped for your country if you are a shocking footballer. He's looked a lot better during this pre season and i've been impressed with him when he's played

It is Scotland we're talking about.  :P
Print page generated: May 2, 2024, 1:49pm