Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: LocalLadGTFC, July 24, 2018, 10:01pm
Heard from a good friend that he was in talks with us, further backed up by spotting him in Morrisons earlier today.

31 and last two spells have been in India and America... would it be worth the punt?
Posted by: horsforthmariner, July 24, 2018, 10:06pm; Reply: 1
We've got Vernham and Cook so I'm slightly skeptical.
Posted by: monkeyboy, July 24, 2018, 10:07pm; Reply: 2
i heard this last week myself and posted on here with a large amount of red crosses too.
Posted by: Lambretta Mariner, July 24, 2018, 10:07pm; Reply: 3
He came to have talks with the club and whilst here he did his weekly shop?
Posted by: monkeyboy, July 24, 2018, 10:09pm; Reply: 4
His Dad lives here  so yes why not.
Posted by: LocalLadGTFC, July 24, 2018, 10:10pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Lambretta Mariner
He came to have talks with the club and whilst here he did his weekly shop?

Had a meal deal in his hand, definitely looked like he keeps himself in shape
Posted by: Balthazar Bullitt, July 24, 2018, 10:13pm; Reply: 6
Did he use a loyalty card?
Self-service or checkout?
And did he pay 5p for a bag?
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 24, 2018, 10:17pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC
Heard from a good friend that he was in talks with us, further backed up by spotting him in Morrisons earlier today.

31 and last two spells have been in India and America... would it be worth the punt?

Just think he simply had more reasons to shop in that particular store.

Posted by: golfer, July 24, 2018, 10:19pm; Reply: 8
Bentley most likely leant him a £1 coin for the trolley  
Posted by: Poojah, July 24, 2018, 10:34pm; Reply: 9
Currently on trial at St Mirren and played in their most recent game against Sunderland. Once a terrific player but since ravaged by injury and sadly it seems not got much left in the tank. A career of 'what might have been'.

https://www.blackandwhitearmy.com/forums/index.php?/topic/45404-martin-patterson/

He's not coming back. Move on.
Posted by: golfer, July 24, 2018, 10:36pm; Reply: 10
Steve Coppell rated him Last season so that's good enough for me. I think he would fit in well.
Posted by: 140381 (Guest), July 24, 2018, 10:50pm; Reply: 11
Amazed to hear he’s only 31.

Clearly not a Jolley type signing.
Posted by: LH, July 25, 2018, 12:06am; Reply: 12
When I worked on the checkouts at Morrisons I sold Jamie Clarke a XXL meat feast pizza. It must have been at a similar time to Danny North having cheesy chips in Clee. How football has changed.
Posted by: Maringer, July 25, 2018, 12:08am; Reply: 13
I once saw Tomi Ameobi shopping in Tesco - I was behind him at the till. He had a very healthy shopping basket, all fresh vegetables and so forth.

Didn't stop him being excrement.
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, July 25, 2018, 12:11am; Reply: 14
Quoted from LH
When I worked on the checkouts at Morrisons I sold Jamie Clarke a XXL meat feast pizza. It must have been at a similar time to Danny North having cheesy chips in Clee. How football has changed.

I thought 'cheesy chips-gate' was Adam Proudlock? God that brings back some awful memories!! 😭
Posted by: LH, July 25, 2018, 12:22am; Reply: 15
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner

I thought 'cheesy chips-gate' was Adam Proudlock? God that brings back some awful memories!! 😭

It might have been actually. I also remember seeing Reddy, Gritton and someone else coming out of DN in the second half of the second Slade mk1 season - on the Friday before a match.
Posted by: GollyGTFC, July 25, 2018, 6:20am; Reply: 16
Quoted from LH

It might have been actually. I also remember seeing Reddy, Gritton and someone else coming out of DN in the second half of the second Slade mk1 season - on the Friday before a match.

Gritton was playing for Lincoln in the second half of the second Slade mk1 season. Maybe Reddy was selflessly taking him out to try an thwart Lincoln's play-off chances?
Posted by: LongEatonMariner, July 25, 2018, 6:30am; Reply: 17
I think the Danny North stories were about McDonalds? Proudlock was cheesy chips!
Posted by: jonnyboy82, July 25, 2018, 7:09am; Reply: 18
Every little helps.
Posted by: jamesgtfc, July 25, 2018, 7:14am; Reply: 19
Not good related but I once played five a side against Peter Bore just after his release from Town. For a very recent professional footballer he was seriously unfit and blowing after 5 minutes.
Posted by: coddy60, July 25, 2018, 7:16am; Reply: 20
I asked his dad on Sunday, he said he's leaving India as he's not happy but very much doubted he would be coming to GY
Posted by: livosnose, July 25, 2018, 7:26am; Reply: 21
I once had a kebab with Clive Mendonca outside Tokapi Kebab house in Cleethorpes whilst he was waiting on a taxi to Sheffield . Didn’t affect him 🤣
Posted by: LH, July 25, 2018, 8:57am; Reply: 22
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Gritton was playing for Lincoln in the second half of the second Slade mk1 season. Maybe Reddy was selflessly taking him out to try an thwart Lincoln's play-off chances?

Stunning pedantry for six o clock in the morning this. Did you know this off hand or did you consult the internet/your notebook to confirm?
Posted by: ivanosandwich, July 25, 2018, 8:59am; Reply: 23
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC

I refuse to believe this until he makes it as far as Millfields.
Posted by: Townee82, July 25, 2018, 9:26am; Reply: 24
England won the world cup on early morning fry-ups , fish n chips , treacle sponge with custard , and Sunday roasts .
Posted by: Kris2, July 25, 2018, 9:35am; Reply: 25
I spoke to his cousin and he said that there has been no contact. Paterson was just in the area visiting friends and attending a wedding. Right now he does want to move back to the UK and has had talks with Forest Green which looks like his best move for wages in L2 but a L1 team might also be making an offer.
Posted by: PPMariner, July 25, 2018, 10:05am; Reply: 26
Quoted from Townee82
England won the world cup on early morning fry-ups , fish n chips , treacle sponge with custard , and Sunday roasts .

Great point. I suspect their opponents each had a dietician, regular ice baths and a weekly sports psychologist session.
Posted by: monkeyboy, July 25, 2018, 4:51pm; Reply: 27
by the looks of things his trial came to nothing north of the border as stubbs said he is not intereted, maybe we did have contact but no real interest.
Posted by: Gainsbro_Mariner, July 25, 2018, 5:23pm; Reply: 28
I’ve always seen a lot of Town players out in Lincoln over the years. Peter Bore, Matthew Bird, Peter Till and Steve Croudson in years gone by. Macca and Dizza in Damon’s

Last I saw was Gowling, Bolarinwa and Browne coming out of a strip Club  ;D
Posted by: Gainsbro_Mariner, July 25, 2018, 5:27pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from monkeyboy
by the looks of things his trial came to nothing north of the border as stubbs said he is not intereted, maybe we did have contact but no real interest.

Paterson struggled at Port Vale the other year, I don’t even think he scored for them. He was a decent player but he peaked at a young age, I’d welcome him on trial for sure but I think we’d be naive if we didn’t take a look first.
Posted by: Cloudy, July 25, 2018, 5:40pm; Reply: 30
No chance! Well past his sell by date
Posted by: H19P1, July 25, 2018, 8:59pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from Gainsbro_Mariner
I’ve always seen a lot of Town players out in Lincoln over the years. Peter Bore, Matthew Bird, Peter Till and Steve Croudson in years gone by. Macca and Dizza in Damon’s

Last I saw was Gowling, Bolarinwa and Browne coming out of a strip Club  ;D

What a grass 😂 haven’t you heard of man code 🤔😜
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 10:44am