Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Hameln Mariner, July 23, 2018, 9:52pm
Just back from watching Town juniors v Barton. 4-3 to Barton. Woods's lads looked tidy and played with the ball on the deck, Unfortunately there were no team sheets or announcements so I've no idea who played (or scored). I think Akheem Rose played up front but as I've seen very little of him can't be sure but he did look tidy and was very unlucky not to score with a free kick towards the end of the game. A rock hard pitch didn't help either side tbf bit it was a decent 90 minutes.
Posted by: PaceyMariner, July 23, 2018, 10:35pm; Reply: 1
I was there. Rose scored two, was unlucky with two great free kicks towards the end. Played on the left for most of the game, but looked better when he switched to playing down the centre. Bags of potential, but very raw.
Posted by: Croxton, July 23, 2018, 11:17pm; Reply: 2
Yes, a photocopy A4 teamsheet or announcer would have finessed an entertaining evening. Barton looked very tidy after so many new signings, even showing off their own nippy little 'Dembele' type forward player.
We tried to play through midfield but Barton were quick to close down. Slightly quicker service to Max or Ahkeem would have stretched their defence. Excellent strikes from Ahkeem.
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), July 24, 2018, 11:35am; Reply: 3
Also towards the end of the game we saw Ahkeem give a defender 10 yards start, and then closed him down with a terrific burst of speed, he completed the full 90 minutes and as previously mentioned tucked away two fine goals.
Print page generated: May 3, 2024, 2:09pm