Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: ska face, July 19, 2018, 7:51am
Buried deep in a statement about the Trust’s Open Day, I spotted this -

”Ahead of the opening game of the season vs. Forest Green Rovers, we will be offering a family ticket (2 adults and 2 juniors) for the discounted price of £30. Those wishing to take advantage of this offer can do so on Sunday, with the ticket office open from 11am.”

Quite why the club decide to announce special ticket offers about 5 paragraphs into unrelated statements, I’ll never know, but this is good news.

Let’s hope we can fill the place. UTM
Posted by: psgmariner, July 19, 2018, 9:13am; Reply: 1
Good news. I will be doing that. Hopefully it is well publicised.
Posted by: Son of Cod, July 19, 2018, 9:41am; Reply: 2
Anyone know if that's for away fans too?
Posted by: GrimRob, July 19, 2018, 10:00am; Reply: 3
Quoted from Son of Cod
Anyone know if that's for away fans too?

Will FGR be bringing as many as 4 people who are related to one another?
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, July 19, 2018, 10:23am; Reply: 4
We have sent FGR over 500 tickets. Last season they brought 38 !
Posted by: Son of Cod, July 19, 2018, 10:38am; Reply: 5
Quoted from GrimRob

Haha, to be fair to them their home attendances are rising so they should (in theory) start bringing a few more.
Posted by: Mariner66, July 19, 2018, 10:53am; Reply: 6
Isn't everyone related to each other from that part of the country............ :)
Posted by: Gaffer58, July 19, 2018, 11:53am; Reply: 7
As I have mentioned in an earlier thread, the FGR fans, all 100 at best, should be moved to a corner and our fans allowed into the Osmond, we should look after our own supporters first. There should still be time to arrange this.
Posted by: moosey_club, July 19, 2018, 8:34pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from ska face
Buried deep in a statement about the Trust’s Open Day, I spotted this -

”Ahead of the opening game of the season vs. Forest Green Rovers, we will be offering a family ticket (2 adults and 2 juniors) for the discounted price of £30. Those wishing to take advantage of this offer can do so on Sunday, with the ticket office open from 11am.”

Quite why the club decide to announce special ticket offers about 5 paragraphs into unrelated statements, I’ll never know,
but this is good news.

Let’s hope we can fill the place. UTM

as the club would potentially lose income and devalue the product if it was taken up by everybody..... i would imagine..
Posted by: lukeo, July 21, 2018, 6:45am; Reply: 9
Make it big. Advertise it everywhere.. Get some entertainment pre match and at half time, put up posters or social media posts about the agenda and time table to entice the children and parents to come along. Get BP filled, if we start well and play well against FGR we may just keep a few extra bums on seats.
Posted by: Croxton, July 21, 2018, 8:31am; Reply: 10
I was in the club shop before the Cleethorpes game. There was a young dad being served waiting for his 9/10 year old son's new kit to be packaged. In a true Hovis moment, his 5/6 year old daughter looked up to him and asked 'When do I get mine dad?'
Took me back 30 years to when I had my lads with me. Being tight, I only bought them scarves!
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, July 21, 2018, 10:00am; Reply: 11
Quoted from GrimRob

The Gimps normally bring 600 who are all related to one another so anything is possible I suppose.
Posted by: Zmariner, July 22, 2018, 8:58am; Reply: 12
Can it work if you have a season ticket I wonder.?
Print page generated: May 4, 2024, 5:54am